Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Time for another short Quiz, this one to test your memory. Ten questions - and all you need to get right are 4 of them. If you rush in with your answers, you may spoil it for others. So I'd suggest you just do it on your own and I'll print the answers later tomorrow. You can then see how you got on. But no cheating and no use of the internet! i) How long did the Hundred Years' War last?

 ii) Which country makes Panama hats? 

 iii) From which animal do we get cat gut?

 iv) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution? 

 v) What is a camel's hair brush made of? 
vi) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal? 

 vii) What…

    • 9 replies
    • 2.1k views
  2. Started by TotallyOz,

    Not sure if you have seen this or not but I thought adorable.

  3. Started by AdamSmith,

    Fairly funny comic/blog dedicated to lionizing Nikola Tesla and demonizing Edison... http://www.theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla ...Came across it via this article on a "debate" at SXSW between the blog's creator and a pro-Edison type: http://txchnologist.com/post/45139747427/tesla-vs-edison-debate-ignites-at-sxsw

  4. Use Google Translate offline by downloading language packsThis is on Android, iOS users SOL for the moment.

    • 1 reply
    • 983 views
  5. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Some movie reunions are worth seeing. . .

  6. Finally, the POTUS has started getting some balls in his second term. In the showdown in the OK Supreme Court, they have filed briefs saying that some laws that deny gay married couples rights are unconstitutional. http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/22/politics/supreme-court-marriage/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

  7. Started by TotallyOz,

    Not sure if you have seen this or not but I thought adorable.

  8. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    • 2 replies
    • 659 views
  9. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    Anybody have experience with prepaid debit or credit cards? I'm looking for one where the fee is very low and allows me to refill it as often as I like. Suggestions much appreciated.

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Grab onto your manhoods! Get out your credit cards! The Hookies are coming to Roseland once again, this time with host Sharon Needles. Need an escort? Then you've found the right event!

    • 2 replies
    • 2.1k views
  11. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Now this was a fun arrangement of an overplayed song. He really brought it I thought. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQASq2PkGIw

    • 0 replies
    • 510 views
  12. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    I have mentioned my financial situation sucks and basically still does. I realized a few days ago that I have started going backward financially that working for a large company was not even meeting my chopped down monthly expenses. So I left yesterday to go in business for myself. Its a business I can do from home and one I know fairly well. But it takes time like most new businesses to see any revenue at all. I wonder if I made the right choice ... however at my age I did not feel I had much more time to spend where I was working and falling behind ... that I needed to do something now or just move straight into my car Facing a phase in the future Hope I've go…

    • 4 replies
    • 1k views
  13. Started by AdamSmith,

    A sometimes very funny parody of Tripadvisor.com... http://tripadvisaargh.tumblr.com/

  14. Started by AdamSmith,

    Anthony Lewis Anthony Lewis, who has died aged 85, was a New York Times columnist and author who twice won a Pulitzer Prize, the highest award in American journalism. Anthony Lewis Photo: NEW YORK TIMES/REDUX/EYEVINE 6:29PM GMT 26 Mar 2013 Throughout his long career, the issue that preoccupied Lewis was constitutional law, and its impact on human rights and freedom of the press. In his book Make No Law: The Sullivan Case and the First Amendment (1991), he addressed what one judge called “probably the most important free press case since the dawn of the Republic”. Lewis took the title from the words of the First Amendment to the US Constitution: “Congress shall…

    • 1 reply
    • 839 views
  15. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/internet-security/9957063/Web-slows-under-biggest-attack-ever.html

    • 1 reply
    • 748 views
  16. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    New movie out, starring Halle Berry, This is a tense thriller full of action and on the edge of your seat timing. The movie will have you biting your nails, and drawing a few gasps.. It moves along at a fast pace with its plot.. The movie plays out realistically until about 3/4 of the way through. I won't spoil it for anyone yet to see the movie, but it does become a little unrealistic at that point.. None the less, I found it to be a good movie for an otherwise quiet afternoon. But for those wanting eye-candy in a movie.. this is not it.. This movie is about Girl power.. not boyflesh.

    • 1 reply
    • 772 views
  17. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    This movie looks intense. Here is the new trailer for "World War Z". . .

    • 5 replies
    • 801 views
  18. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    FELIZ ANIVERSÁRIO I am sure you will have a great birthday in Rio. The boys of Brazil love to help celebrate.

  19. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    We all know bareback is not safe and we shouldn't be doing it unless we are in a committed, monogamous relationship. That being said, who thinks bareback porn is hot to watch? Is it because it is something we do not do? Does it remind us of "the good ole days"?

  20. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    Couldn't get on last night and all and it took me five times this afternoon - and the fifth time that worked took a long time to load up the homepage. Anyone else have issues?

  21. Started by AdamSmith,

    PORTMAN: Coming out By Will Portman Guest Columnist Yale Daily News Monday, March 25, 2013 I came to Yale as a freshman in the fall of 2010 with two big uncertainties hanging over my head: whether my dad would get elected to the Senate in November, and whether I’d ever work up the courage to come out of the closet. I made some good friends that first semester, took a couple of interesting classes and got involved in a few rewarding activities. My dad won his election. On the surface, things looked like they were going well. But the truth was, I wasn’t happy. I’d make stuff up when my suitemates and I would talk about our personal lives. I remember going to a dance …

    • 4 replies
    • 850 views
  22. Emotions have been running high at screenings of the historical drama "Emperor." The Japanese American coproduction, which opens Friday, revolves around the dilemma Gen. Douglas MacArthur faced as he tried to restore order in post-World War II Japan: Should the country's divine leader, Emperor Hirohito, stand trial and face certain death on war crimes charges? When the producers screened "Emperor" recently in Japan, producer Gary Foster said, many men were in tears as they left the theater. "It was almost a cathartic moment," he said. http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-emperor-20130307,0,1871867.story I want to see this and hope it wi…

  23. Guest rimchair
    Started by Guest rimchair,

    What is the relationship between Notre Dame star Te'o & Ronaiah Tuiasosopo? I will go out on a limb, they are / were homosexual lovers helping one another out. "Deadspin's story paints a connection between Te'o and Tuiasosopo, a 22-year-old Californian who is alleged to be the person behind the fake identity of Kekua. Since-deleted Tweets cited in the Deadspin story suggest there is some connection between Tuiasosopo and Te'o. What is that connection? Was he fooled by someone he knows or part of a lie that garnered him positive publicity?" http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/01/17/the-questions-that-manti-teo-needs-to-answer/1842141/ …

  24. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    • 0 replies
    • 619 views
  25. Started by TotallyOz,

    Dear European Union, You want Amanda Knox? Give us Roman Polanski. Love, America

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.