Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    RIP http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/articles/2012/07/08/20120708ernest-borgnine-dies-dead.html

    • 4 replies
    • 829 views
  2. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I thought this was funny. . .

    • 0 replies
    • 487 views
  3. Started by Lucky,

    America's Men's gymnastic team looks pretty darn good to me: http://www.towleroad...7/olympics.html

    • 3 replies
    • 972 views
  4. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I thought this was pretty funny.

    • 0 replies
    • 464 views
  5. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    With a second major air crash into the sea in a matter of weeks, there has been much comment about the recovery of black boxes and cockpit voice recorders. It would seem that those from the Air France disaster are now irrecoverable, given that the life of the transponders has virtually expired. Fortunately, those from the Yemeni plane seem to have been located. Yet, in this day and age when aircraft are made of the latest materials and represent some of latest advances in technology, why is it that the black boxes seem to be instruments from the age of the dinosaurs? I recall a discussion with a senior pilot from Cathay Pacific some years ago when I learned that the …

    • 36 replies
    • 6.7k views
  6. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    • 0 replies
    • 535 views
  7. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtCOgnZ1FDI

    • 0 replies
    • 546 views
  8. The Christian group Exodus has stated that they CAN'T cure homosexuality! Holy Shit! (No pun intended) I can't believe this. After I have lived my life in sin and has sex with more guys that Tracy Lords, I was planning on retiring and finding a lady and settling down. Now, I hear they won't be able to cure me. I am shocked I tell you. Shocked. http://www.towleroad.com/2012/06/exodus-international-no-longer-trying-to-cure-gays-but-still-think-gays-are-sick.html However, they still think gays are sick. I don't know what they mean. I was with 2 twinks, a muscle boy and a set of twins this week in Bangkok and I didn't think it was sick at all. In fact, I think the…

  9. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    I'm Farming and I grow it..

    • 2 replies
    • 434 views
  10. I know I am treading on Expat's territory here (posting about popular cuture/media) but I have just seen a screener for this new show. H O R R I B L E and far too soon after the premier of the excellent Sherlock Holmes series on PBS.

    • 3 replies
    • 832 views
  11. Started by TotallyOz,

    I have a friend who is sending her daughter to McGill this fall as a college freshman. She has me about the city and I told her my experience. I found the city to be very safe and easy to get around. I think others would agree. However, how safe it is for a young lady? How is the crime rates there compared to USA cities? I would think much better but would love some input.

  12. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Here is the official list from Soundscan of the top selling albums and singles for the first 1/2 of 2012. Adele's 21 might be the biggest seller for the second year in a row in the US. 2012'S TOP 10 ALBUMS (year-to-date sales in millions), according to Nielsen SoundScan: 1. Adele , 21 (3.67) 2. Lionel Richie , Tuskegee (0.91) 3. One Direction , Up All Night (0.90) 4. Whitney Houston , The Greatest Hits (0.82) 5. Various artists , Now 41 (0.71) 6. Carrie Underwood , Blown Away (0.60) 7. Luke Bryan , Tailgates & Tanlines (0.58) 8. Nicki Minaj , Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (0.56) 9. Drake , Take Care (0.55) 10. Adele ,…

    • 1 reply
    • 429 views
  13. I have been in Asia for about 7 weeks now and I am having a great trip. I have stayed in about 9 hotels on this trip. The old hotels have normal bathrooms. But, just about EVERY new hotel I stay in has either a glass bathroom or sliding doors to open up to the room. Now, I admin, I would love it if all I wanted to do was to take a jacuzzi while watch TV. But, for me, I use the bathroom for other things and I like them private. I don't want others watching my shit. And, I would have bee terrified when I was younger and staying in the room with my parents if this were the case. Yes, I know the rooms have blinds. But, not are 100 percent blind. I just would not like …

  14. Started by Lucky,

    Some time ago I read the novel Savages, by Don Winslow, and really liked it. Now it is an Oliver Stone movie, opening on Friday, and starring massage mania actor John Travolta. I read the book again today, and I sure hope the movie is as good as the book. But, looking at the trailer, I can already see that they changed some things. Nonetheless, the trailer looks pretty promising.

    • 4 replies
    • 786 views
  15. Guest zipperzone
    Started by Guest zipperzone,

    People Magazine is reporting that Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes are getting a divorce after 5 years of marriage. Just imagine the dirt that could be exposed if she decided to do a "tell all".

  16. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Hot boys

    • 0 replies
    • 519 views
  17. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I found this fascinating.

    • 1 reply
    • 515 views
  18. Started by TotallyOz,

    R&B singer and hip-hop artist Frank Ocean is the latest celebrity to open up about his sexuality, revealing to fans in a post on his Tumblr that his first love was a man. http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/04/frank-ocean-opens-up-on-sexuality-in-new-album/?hpt=hp_t2 I am still in Asia and I was chatting with a guy at the pool yesterday about Anderson Cooper coming out and I said the major barrier that has yet been burned down for gays is Hip Hop and Professional Athletes. I know some are out but as more come out, it makes live easier on all. Loving that Ocean came out!

  19. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    So I was looking at some of the upcoming movies and here are some of the ones that I'm on the look out for..what about you? MEN IN BLACK 3 BATMAN (of course! still waiting in line for my tickets!) SAFETY NOT GUARANTEED HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA MAGIC MIKE (no..it's not innovative and it's not BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN but it's still hot!) NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH (sounds interesting for a premise but the trailer that I saw makes no mention of the "aliens" part so I'm not sure how good it can be)

  20. Don McLean’s “American Pie”: 20 Things You Might Not Know About The Ultimate Boomer Anthem By Chris Willman | Stop The Presses! – Tue, Jul 3, 2012 5:29 PM EDT http://music.yahoo.c...-212950674.html I suspect that many of us were young adults when this song hit the charts. Many times over the years I have pondered the meanings behind the lyrics ever since it was introduced -- confident I understood some and scratched my head over others. Here is an article that addresses other's thoughts into those lyrics. I found it interesting, some confirming my views and addiing information I was unfamiliar with about others.

    • 0 replies
    • 782 views
  21. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/articles/2012/07/03/20120703andy-griffith-dies.html

    • 6 replies
    • 972 views
  22. Started by AdamSmith,

    For no particular reason, a nice bit from "Barry Lyndon"... I read somewhere that for the jig scene at the end of this clip, Kubrick had the actors do something like 43 takes. No explanation or direction, just "Go again." And again, and again. He used the 42nd or so take. So that they would look like they had been dancing this jig all their lives, not like actors doing it stiffly who had obviously learned it just the day prior.

    • 0 replies
    • 766 views
  23. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    Well I am still feeling sad that I am not at the WSOP this year.... it feel like a little piece of me has dimmed for a few weeks However I wanted to give those who follow it a heads up. The One Drop tournament will begin this Sunday. Its the largest buy in in the history of poker at one million dollars and limited to just 48 players. One Drop is the official charity of the WSOP and from each entry approx $100,000 will be donated. Even with the large donation first place is expected to pay approx eight million dollars. You can watch the 3 day tournament at wsop.com and the final table will air on TV at ESPN.

    • 3 replies
    • 702 views
  24. Started by TotallyOz,

  25. Started by eeyore,

    Life is turning into a frustrating conundrum for me. Today I was folding my laundry only to end up with an orphan sock. This is not a one-off aberrant event. It is becoming increasingly common. How is this possible? I put my socks on two at a time and I take them off two at a time. Two of them go directly from my feet into the washer and dryer. There is no intermediate clothes hamper. Simple mathematics requires that two come out of the dryer. Socks come in pairs. That’s all there is to it. This fact is axiomatic and immutable. Ending up with an orphan sock violates the fundamental nature of things. It defies all principles of logic and reason. This is a totally unacce…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.