The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
I thought this was the best Facebook ad for this movie yet. . .
-
-
I found this today; it was the first ever ad for a car from 1898. $1000 . . . No Agents!
-
Sunday nights ( at least hereabouts) PBS's Masterpiece Theater is featuring Inspector Lewis accompanied again by his lanky & erudite sidekick Dectective Sergeant Hathaway. Personally, I find Hathaway sexy in an overeducated English sort of way. The series itself leaves Sgt. Hathaway's sexuality ambigious; there's some support for gay, for bi and for straight in his history as presented in the episodes thus far. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergeant_Hathaway It's not clear to me from the promo whether the current PBS season is new (to America) or a set of reruns.
-
- 2 replies
- 915 views
-
-
It was really great, especially for Inspector Morse fans. He's got all his Opera records which he plays on an inexpensive portable turntable. Lots of scenes with Jaguars, but he doesn't own one yet. There's an older Detective who mentors Morse and has many of the qualities that Morse had adopted later in life. This is the first one I've seen. Have there been more? I hope they make a series of these.
-
- 2 replies
- 869 views
-
-
I knew this would happen eventually with the popularity of Zombies. But in Japan? http://www.5min.com/Video/Zombie-Themed-Restaurant-Opening-Soon-517405181
-
- 1 reply
- 746 views
-
-
Fairly cool... http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/jul/01/iamus-computer-composes-classical-music
-
- 5 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Hundreds of millions of pennies could be the top prize in the next MER contest, announced today by the successor to previous MER owner Totally Oz. In order to publicize their new ownership, TRUMP International is proposing a Battle of the Obsessions, to be held in Atlantic City next fall. Each contestant would prepare a tea cozy which would best show their devotion to their favorite obsession. For example, a head to head battle could be held between EXPAT and Jimboivo on loyalties for Jesse Santana or Benjamin Nicholas. The one showing the most loyalty would win their weight in pennies. Judging the contest, open to anyone on MER with an obsession for an escort, as prove…
-
- 10 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
A thought or two about vdos. Some posters have in the past expressed indifference about gay vdos. Others are enthusiastic and happily buy them or download them from the endless variety of internet sites. I remember purchasing my first 8mm movie by mail from a company in Los Angeles (for in those days, vdo had not yet been invented). It arrived in a package with some strange title, presumably to put off customs and others who might wish to take a peek. The quality was pretty dreadful but I got a quick thrill from furtively watching it a couple of times. Thereafter, it remained unseen, stashed away somewhere in the attic where I hoped no one else in my family would find…
-
A giant tortoise known as a symbol for the disappearing species and of the Galapagos Islands died on Sunday. The tortoise named Lonesome George, who gained notoriety with its failed efforts to produce offspring, was found dead on Sunday, officials at the Galapagos National Park announced. Lonesome George was believed to be the last living member of the Pinta island subspecies. http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml
-
- 3 replies
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am one of the few on this planet without a Facebook account. But like vast numbers around the word, I watched the first session of trading in Facebook shares less than three weeks ago, pretty sure that the offer price would spike upwards fairly quickly. Would Facebook be another Linked In whose shares initially offered at US$45 more than doubled on Day 1, and have remained at roughly that level ever since? After all, Facebook is a much better-known worldwide brand than Linked In, and its IPO price was slightly lower at US$38. Somehow, I feel a strange sense of satisfaction that the stock had trouble holding that offer price and then slowly began to tank. Last night …
-
- 14 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
The greatest Diva bitches of all times, Crystal Carrington and Alexis Carrington Colby are returning to the small screen. Forget Dallas, Dynasty, the iconic show of wealth and scandal is coming back to the small screen. Get out your shoulder pads and cubic zirconia diamonds.....Oh how I missed them. Hope they bitch-fight in the Lily pond again. Will crazy Heather Locklear return too ???? Or Diahann Carroll ????? The more the merrier.... Those girls WERE the Real Houswives......Hooray !
-
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
It is going to be an interesting day tomorrow when they rule on this decision. I do not think it will go the way I want and IMHO we need to throw away Life Time Appointments for all Federal Court Justices. How do you think this vote will go?
- 12 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are getting a divorce according to People.com magazine. I guess this is right on cue because they will be married 5 years this year and typically his "beard" contracts require a marriage to last 5 years before a payout is made. I don't know who he thinks he is fooling. It's sad really. Pop Icon, Adele, announced she is pregnant by her current long term boyfriend. I can hear it now a new album of baby songs like "Some Crybaby Like You", "Rolling In The Poop", "Set Fire to The Poop", or "Chasing Babies". Sorry I couldn't resist.
-
- 2 replies
- 635 views
-
-
On another thread, I have argued against the reclaiming of the word “queer” as an all-embracing term to describe those in the LGBT community. Just a couple of days ago I wrote that in those countries in Asia where English is a first or second language, the term reinforces negative feelings. Wheher I am right or wrong, there is no doubt that there is a deeply entrenched movement against the liberalisation of laws on gay equality, partnership and marriage. We just have to look at what has recently happened in Australia. In elections held in the state of Queensland at the end of March, voters drove out the incumbent Labour Government, electing instead the Liberal Nat…
-
AfterElton is having their annual Hottest 100 Men contest. Go to this link to submit your votes for your Top 10 hottest men for 2012: http://www.afterelton.com/people/2012-hot-100-voting So many men to choose from. Some that I put on this list are the following: Adam Lambert Ricky Martin Chace Crawford David Giuntoli (star of GRIMM) Darren Criss etc.
-
- 2 replies
- 565 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I will be glued to my TV tonight for the continuing story of "Dallas" which will premiere tonight (Wednesday, June 13) on TNT for a double episode. This was my favorite show from 1978 - 1991 (along with Knots Landing) and I can't wait to see what J.R. is up to now and how John Ross and Christopher take up the old rivalry.
-
- 14 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I just want to put a place marker here, I would like to start making plans for a dinner in WeHo for mid-July. Date and place YTBD and will be coordinated with TotallyOz It has been awhile since we have had such a dinner and I look forward to seeing some friends old and new..
-
- 11 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
Andrew Christian has a new video out called Jockstrap Cowboys. It's got Brent Corrigan, horses, tractors, hot guys kissing, and a lot of bare butts (it is selling jock straps), so it's obviously NSFW, but it's not as racy as some he's done. http://bcove.me/07nq2awz
-
- 6 replies
- 896 views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
-
Most of us will have seen the results of Nora Ephron’s work as a screen writer and director. “Silkwood”, “When Sally Met Harry”, “Sleepless in Seattle” and ”Julie and Julia” were just some of her major successes. She died a couple of days ago of complications from leukemia aged 71. Two years ago she published a book giving her take on aging, “I Remember Nothing: And Other Refelections”. http://www.reuters.c...E85Q00720120627 An admirable maxim for those of us nearer the end of their lives than the beginning.
-
As most of us know, getting mileage award tickets is becoming increasingly difficult and more complex. Different airlines in an Alliance charge different amounts, some airlines have a flexible policy as to when mileage seats are released – often just a month or two before travel, and the rules now change more rapidly than before. There are a number of free sites on the internet which try to help, flyertalk.com being one. But if you are travelling more regularly – and especially in the premium cabins – it may well be worth your while joining a dedicated paid site to work out your best and least costly routes to take. An article in today’s New York Times outlines how su…
-
A tasty tit-bit from mother China: (After reading this it'd be a toss up whether I'd prefer the real mccoy or the fake!) . . . and another juicy morsel: http://www.telegraph...-pigs-ears.html
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-