Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    Iggy Pop has gone soft in his old age. ============== (Rolling Stone) -- Iggy Pop has announced a new album of mostly French covers set for May 9. "Après" will feature the singer's versions of songs by Serge Gainsbourg, Edith Piaf, the Beatles, Frank Sinatra, Yoko Ono and more. "I wanted to sing some of these songs myself, hoping to bring the feeling I felt as a listener to my listeners through my voice," said Iggy Pop in a press release. "Many of these songs are in French, probably because it is French culture which has most stubbornly resisted the mortal attacks of the Anglo-American music machine." "Après" follows Iggy Pop's 2009 English/French album "Préliminaire…

    • 2 replies
    • 552 views
  2. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Apple® today announced financial results for its fiscal 2012 second quarter ended March 31, 2012. The Company posted quarterly revenue of $39.2 billion and quarterly net profit of $11.6 billion, or $12.30 per diluted share. These results compare to revenue of $24.7 billion and net profit of $6.0 billion, or $6.40 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Gross margin was 47.4 percent compared to 41.4 percent in the year-ago quarter. International sales accounted for 64 percent of the quarter’s revenue. The Company sold 35.1 million iPhones in the quarter, representing 88 percent unit growth over the year-ago quarter. Apple sold 11.8 million iPads during the quarter, a …

    • 2 replies
    • 624 views
  3. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    BREAKING NEWS: The Los Angeles Lakers' Metta World Peace has been suspended for seven games without pay for hitting the Oklahoma City Thunder's James Harden in the head with his elbow, the NBA announced. The suspension will begin with the Lakers' next game against the Sacramento Kings on April 26. This is one of the reasons I don't watch professional sports because they are hardly role models. You can see it close up at the 1:05 mark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjCGlsoRMAo

    • 3 replies
    • 798 views
  4. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    From "Gay Voices": Bullying makes strange bedfellows. Recently, in one of my classes, two students came to blows for being, in the words of one, "different types of gays." The conflict escalated, with the combatants, both men, debating the provenance of gay violence. While "not in my classroom" is the hokey but effective refrain that I usually reserve for such admittedly rare moments, I discovered on this occasion that I was simply too surprised, and too selfishly fascinated, to speak it. Instead, I said to the men, "Tell me more." Another chestnut, and one that I use when eager to encourage students to expand the parameters of class participation, "tell me more" elicite…

    • 0 replies
    • 669 views
  5. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    "What are you looking at?"

    • 0 replies
    • 533 views
  6. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    Alfonso Ribeiro, now 40, leads a flash mob dance called the Carlton after his Fresh Prince of Bel Air character nearly two decades ago. Problem for me with this is it is far from a flast mob dance. A flash mob is supposed to happen in a public place where there are actually bystanders. This is obviously overstaged there are no bystanders just the people associated with the dance

    • 1 reply
    • 574 views
  7. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    R.I.P. I loved watching the original "Dark Shadows". And he dies at 87 just a couple of weeks before Johnny Depp re-creates the role on the big screen. http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/04/19/jonathan-frid-original-dark-shadows-star-dies-at-87/

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    Now this is kind of silly but I am at a crossroad. About 35 years ago all within a year I stopped, cold turkey, doing recrerational drugs, drinking and smoking cigarettes. To this very day, by choice, I have not craved or touched either of the three. Wish I could do that with food However, very recently I have had a desire to start drinking. Nothing hardcore maybe some wine. I feel I need to let loose a little bit. That I am not enjoying in general. Does this even make sense? Is it even safe health-wise to begin drinking at such a old age?

    • 20 replies
    • 1.8k views
  9. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    I have been facinated about the Google search engine. It basically rules the Internet ... it points users to millions of options in less than a second. On the other side a webmaster uses SEO to give his site the best chance possible of showing up near the top of a Google search. I've seen many videos on how Google does it but this, I believe, is one of the most simpliest to understand. Though it leaves much out it does give the framework of the process.

    • 0 replies
    • 493 views
  10. Started by TotallyOz,

    Check out Google's homepage today and pull down the zipper. I was hoping to find Zach Efferon's dick but still it was a fun ending.

  11. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    The book states that the CIA is not much better than other foreign intelligence services or even worse. Now what I want to ask to the author is when he has been to other foreign intelligence services if he can gauge their performance so well. He writes as if he had open access to foreign intelligence angencies. If that's the case then he should be tried for being a double agent! The book is not balanced at all and some parts of the book is unfair to the CIA. Most of all I think he is so focused on the negatives that he distorts the whole picture. I don't know why balance is lost in these writers. Most of all the publishers support this kind of books to make money. Yes t…

    • 1 reply
    • 527 views
  12. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Today is Barbra Streisand's 70th Birthday. She IS "THE VOICE". . .

    • 4 replies
    • 675 views
  13. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    Thisi s an interesting video clip about Charles Manson's possible children and grandchildren. To be honest the ending has me a little confused http://cnn.com/video...on-son.cnn.html

    • 1 reply
    • 623 views
  14. Because they are the exact opposite of the asshats of Boy Scouts of America. Boy Scouts Dismiss Ohio 'Den Mother' Because She's Gay Jennifer Tyrrelll, a Cub Scout den mother in Ohio, was dismissed from her position last week after local Boy Scout officials learned she is a lesbian. WTRF reports: Tyrrell served as a den mother for a year, but when the local district council learned of her homosexuality, they told Tyrrell she had to leave her den leader position. "I feel like I've had a great year, I've bonded with my parents, my children, we've done a lot of really good things. And in light of other circumstances, it was brought to the council's attention at a highe…

    • 8 replies
    • 896 views
  15. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    Bee Gee Robin Gibb who was thought to have a short time left on this earth awoke over the weekend from a coma! ============ Robin Gibb's spectacular recovery from a coma has "confounded" even his doctors, his rep says, but doctors say while there is still much that is unknown about comas, advanced testing and new aggressive treatments mean many more patients stand a chance of waking up from them. "Waking up from a coma is not as unusual as some people think," Dr. Jennifer Berkeley, a Baltimore-based neurologist who specializes in neuro critical care, told ABCNews.com. "It always depends on the cause. When people don't wake up is usually when they've had a specific inju…

    • 3 replies
    • 908 views
  16. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    R.I.P. Very sad. He will be missed. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/18/dick-clark-dies-dead-heart-attack_n_1435415.html

    • 8 replies
    • 763 views
  17. Developing Republican hypocrite story of the day. Not so much the gay angle this time (Sheriff admits gay, denies immigrant stuff), so a little interesting.

    • 12 replies
    • 1.3k views
  18. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Sauza Tequila brings us viral gold, with a hot fireman and a kitten. The fireman will help out a call from his girlfriend for the perfect margarita, with his magically vanishing shirt. Gay BFF? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0hq4bBnYIM

    • 1 reply
    • 553 views
  19. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I thought this was a good summary of progress for the LGBT community. . .

    • 1 reply
    • 818 views
  20. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Glee premiered their first transgendered cast member Tuesday. Check out this week's "Boogie Shoes" by "Unique". . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRFLOGOvSWg

    • 11 replies
    • 1k views
  21. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    It would be so sad if the NYPD found the missing boy under the cement of the building they are currently searching ... since their own report shows the man renting the space was a known child molester and had poured fresh cement a few days after Etan had gone missing. However, I hope they do find the boy so the family can finally receive the closure they most certainly want. http://cnn.com/video...n-etan-patz.cnn

    • 8 replies
    • 764 views
  22. Started by JKane,

    The way the Disney useless non-creatives saddled this movie with attrocious marketing and then wrote it off before it was even released truly sucks. It's the best Sci-Fi so far this year, quite possibly for last year too! And the VFX (and 3D) are probably the BEST SINCE AVATAR. This is something that SHOULD BE SEEN IN THEATERS! I saw it in Imax 3D twice! And the lead actor has an amazing body which is on display pretty much the entire fucking movie. Hell, you *almost* start to get tired of his perfect nipples! Sci-fi fans must unite for John Carter!

  23. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Pop sensation @LadyGaga's South Korea concert marred by protests. http://t.co/JEjSWVnp

    • 4 replies
    • 662 views
  24. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    Since sometime last week, I have been a day ahead of what it was supposed to be. Today (Sunday) I thought it was Monday. Yesterday (Saturday) was Sunday and so on. As a result of this, I have decided to do the following to bring me and my body back in sync with the rest of society. I will SLEEP for 24 hours straight. If I do this then logically 24 hours will have elapsed in the REAL WORLD bringing the REAL world into sync with the time that my mind believes it should be! Any questions?

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  25. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Chaz picked up two GLAAD awards in LA last night and Cher surprised Chaz by showing up and surprised the crowd even more. I think I would have been scared out of my mind to see Cher with this hair ?!?!?!?!

    • 3 replies
    • 587 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.