The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/worrying-intelligence-scientists-find-link/story?id=16158908#.T47mQe1ZcuA Are you a worrier? Apparently there is a link now between worrying too much and intelligence. I must be super smart then. . .
-
- 2 replies
- 881 views
-
-
Davey is absolutely correct here.
-
- 1 reply
- 563 views
-
-
I actually found this story through a link posted by JK regarding the boy scouts. ------------- BOYNTON BEACH — A Boynton Beach man was arrested Monday after a dispute with an escort regarding her services, city police said. Michael Thomas Schuster, 21, is facing charges of strong arm robbery and battery, police said. He was released from the Palm Beach County jail Tuesday night on $1,500 bond, jail records show. According to an arrest report, officers responded early Monday morning to a disturbance call at Schuster's apartment in the 900 block of Villa Circle. A woman said that Schuster hired her as a professional escort and paid her $200 to dance for him in the bedr…
-
- 2 replies
- 685 views
-
-
A High School Counselor in San Antonio Texas found a unique way to end bullying in her High School. She got the Football coach to enlist a group of Football players to act as protectors. Her solution seems to be a great success. Read the Story here: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/education/article/High-school-football-players-fight-bullying-3472442.php
-
- 4 replies
- 782 views
-
-
Indiana quietly passed a law making it legal for doctors to test people for HIV without consent under certain conditions. Evidently activists are torn, because knowing you're seroconverted can change behavior and save lives, but it's a huge privacy issue. What do you think of this? I frankly believe it's a massive invasion of privacy especially since it can impact employment and insurance coverage which can have devastating impact on people professionally and financially. But on the other hand there is an element of personal and public health that's involved here. What's your view?
-
- 6 replies
- 865 views
-
-
America’s Nine Most Damaged Brands 24/7 Wall St Highly recognizable brands can be invaluable, but they require constant attention. Their value can rise or fall because of management decisions, changes in the competitive environment, and the beliefs that a brand has aged beyond its useful lifetime. Often, though, the true causes of drops in brand value are folly and arrogance. 24/7 Wall St.’s review of nine brands that were badly damaged recently shows that even the most powerful brand cannot survive horrible decisions. A brand derives its value from several factors. the most obvious being how much it can earn. This is not the least evident with Marlboro — the best-se…
-
- 12 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Here are a few business etiquette rules that matter now—whatever you want to call them. I liked this article and I thought it was worth posting. 1. Send a Thank You Note I work at a paper company that manufactures stationery and I'm shocked at how infrequently people send thank you notes after interviewing with me. If you're not sending a follow-up thank you note to Crane, you're not sending it anywhere. But the art of the thank you note should never die. If you have a job interview, or if you're visiting clients or meeting new business partners—especially if you want the job, or the contract or deal—take the time to write a note. You'll differentiate yourself by doi…
-
Hot video with a lot of hot go go boys from Weho that I know. It's nice that he is using these guys.
-
- 5 replies
- 718 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have been using iTunes a bit more since changing to the iPhone and using a iPad. However, I can hardly find any gay movies on iTunes. I can find the same missing titles on Netflix and many also on Amazon. So is Apple's iTunes homophobic or am I searching incorrectly?
-
- 6 replies
- 632 views
- 1 follower
-
-
They have 3 #1 hits in the UK and across Europe. They are trying now to make it here in the US and they made their US debut this week on "Ellen" with their new single "Glad U Came". it's currently #40 and moving up on the Billboard Hot 100 in this next issue. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_aY4Y9sMIg
-
- 6 replies
- 928 views
-
-
So I managed to get past my college assessment tests. I scored really well on the reading and writing and did abysmally on the math portion. I'll have to probably take a remedial college math course. Have you SEEN remedial college math courses? People walk in there and immediately you get a bracelet put on your ankle and your wrist. The instructor asks questions throughout the class and if you're wrong then ZAP! you get a shock. The first one isn't bad but it gets progressively worse depending on how bad the instructor's mood gets. I was looking at some of those questions on the math test. I still can't think when in my computer career or any other time that I've had to…
-
-
He just oozes. . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u5m_BMSS4s
-
I'm not sure this is entertaining, but apparently some think it is. . .
-
Grindr named their top cities, with New York taking Best Gay City, London taking Best International City, and Los Angeles picking up Hottest Grindr Guys (Domestic) and Tel Aviv (International). I would like a travel budget from Logo to verify these findings. Here are the illustrious winners: Gayest U.S. City: New York City Gayest International City: London Best Gay Beach U.S.: Miami Best Gay Beach International: Rio de Janeiro Best Gay Resort U.S.: Palm Springs, California U.S. City With Best Gay Festivals: San Francisco International City With Best Gay Festivals: Sydney Hottest Grindr Guys U.S.: Los Angeles Hottest Grindr Guys International: Tel Aviv Best Dest…
-
Homophobic politicians and anti-gay protestors often cite the 2001 study by Dr. Robert Spitzer which claimed that some gay people could become straight through the power of prayer and therapy. For many in anti-gay movement, it is the icing on the anti-gay cake. This study came as a major shock to the gay community because Spitzer had been one of the leaders of the earlier successful 1973 campaign to have homosexuality removed from the list of mental disorders. Even though Spitzer’s methodology had often been criticised, his “research” has been particularly harmful, if only because he was the only non-religiously oriented scientist to promote the “pray away the gay…
-
Mad Men again focused on a popular topic 'round the AfterElton water cooler: masculinity! In all its attractive, sporty, sexual, confusing, and hilarious forms! Don Draper worked out a new wardrobe choice, Roger Sterling wowwed us with wuthering words, Pete Campbell tried to be a hustling psycho like Don (and blew it!), and Lane Pryce showed us that he's the hottest pugilist stuck 30-40 years in the past. Let's count up the five most fabulous moments of "Signal 30" and fan ourselves when it gets sweaty. Time for Katy Perry to release a single called "I Kicked the Crap Out of Pete Campbell (And I Liked It)," because I'd zap that up from iTunes in a quick minute. Lane and …
-
...Declare their online characters as gay, that is. The Guardian has its usual rip-roaring snortle over the resulting rightist uproar... http://m.guardian.co.uk/ms/p/gnm/op/sikswNibDWduuj41C1_S3Xg/view.m?id=15&gid=commentisfree/2012/apr/15/charlie-brooker-gay-video-game&cat=most-read
-
One of our favorite South America posters is celebrating his birthday today! I hope you have a awesome day!
-
- 7 replies
- 712 views
- 1 follower
-
-
What am I forgetting .... hmm oh yea I'm in public with a raging boner! OR I feel as if all the blood is draining from my brain! --- ok my attempt I am sure you guys can do better
-
- 2 replies
- 637 views
-
-
The commercial is for the Nokia 900 Windows phone. Its actually a pretty solid phone that is selling well here int he states on AT&T. Watch the commercial thats running in Russia .. you will notice a few of the guys get a little frisky with each other.
-
- 2 replies
- 575 views
-
-
http://www.gay.net/tv/2012/01/27/matt-bomer-may-play-darren-criss-bro-glee This is great hot casting. Matt Bomer of "White Collar" fame and a member of our team is going to play Darren Criss' brother on Glee.
-
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie may have decided to get married before we all have the ability in this country, but they do have the blessing of Equality California, who says "Marriage is something that says ‘we're a family’ in a way that nothing else can ... No one has to deny that for themselves or their family to prove they are an ally and supporter of equality."
-
Pretty amsing ... from the Huffington Post: ----------- JOSHUA TREE, Calif. -- Police say a naked burglar has been arrested while taking a shower after he sipped champagne and ate a meal in a Southern California family's home. San Bernardino County sheriff's Sgt. Steve Wilson says 25-year-old Michael Calvert was arrested at gunpoint by deputies while he lathered up in the shower Thursday night. KCDZ radio says that after helping himself to a bottle of champagne and a meal, Calvert decided to take a shower in the Joshua Tree home. The Mojave Desert community is 130 miles east of downtown Los Angeles. The homeowners called 911 after returning home at 8:10 p.m. and hear…
-
Have you guys noticed that we rarely see piercings anymore? Hardly 10 years ago they were still raging but somewhere along the line the following generation has taken to marking their body with ink instead. Now I'm ot a fan of piercings unlless you had a tongue pierced And once my pleasure was satisfied it was hard to keep a straight face trying to hold a conversation with a guy who had a metal ball in his mouth Sadly, for me, the majority of the ink generation is just as much a turn off though to a lessor extent. I can appreciate a nice reasonable tat now and then but this generation has taken to writing paragraphs of script on their bodies. Just one I finally got a…