The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
I don't know to laugh or cry to feel good about this or feel bad for the boy. It just seems a bit out there to me. What do you guys think? Article http://shine.yahoo.c...-185700989.html
-
- 2 replies
- 712 views
-
-
So as of last Monday, the new One World Trade Center became the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere when they added the next two beams on the top section. Jane Fonda tweeted the following picture when she was in NYC this week. Have you seen the new building yet in person?
-
Pre-orders have sold out in fact Apple is quoted from their press release that sales "are off the charts" for the new iPad. The biggest changes are the addition of 4G, 5MP camera and amazing Retina display. But if you already own the iPad 2 is it worth an upgrade ... and if you don't have a iPad is this the one for you? Also, somewhat buried in the iPad hoopla is the release of the new Apple TV. The new puck as its called has full 1080p resolution and better menus. Pre-orders are also sold out however, will you be purchasing the new Apple TV?
-
- 9 replies
- 826 views
- 1 follower
-
-
There is a new campaign to help returning troops. I've got your 6. I learned about it because I was wondering why Ryan Seacrest was wearing a number "6" on his lapel last night. And this is what I found and it is being launched later today (5-10). See more about the campaign here: http://www.gotyour6.org/
-
"Dark Shadows" movie cast photo. Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins. Helena Bonham Carter as Julia Hoffman. Michelle Pfeiffer as Elizabeth Collins Stoddard and Eva Green as Angelique Bouchard. I CANNOT WAIT for this movie. Surely a must-see.
-
Barbra Streisand is coming home. The Brooklyn-born and raised, world-acclaimed superstar will perform a concert on Thursday, October 11th, in Brooklyn at Barclays Center, the new 19,000-seat sports and entertainment venue. Streisand will be making a triumphant return to her native borough. Raised in the Flatbush neighborhood and a graduate of Erasmus Hall High School, Streisand will perform publicly for the first time in Brooklyn. Streisand stated, “Brooklyn to me means the Loew’s Kings, Erasmus, the Yeshiva I went to, the Dodgers, Prospect Park, great Chinese food. I’m so glad I came from Brooklyn—it’s down to earth. I guess you CAN come home again.” “When I first tho…
-
This just announced, Brittney Spears has signed a one year contract to be a new judge on X Factor. And her salary for the one year----15 million dollars..
-
- 3 replies
- 653 views
-
-
-
It is one of the oldest ceremonies in the British Isles – the State Opening of Parliament, steeped in tradition and some seemingly pointless routines that should have been buried in history centuries ago. Yet, the Brits – and many others – love it. Now, though, the Guardian has given it a new epithet – a “Festival of Bling”! Liberace would no doubt have looked perfectly at home seated amongst the Lords in all their finery – although I suspect he’d be wearing a few more rings. http://www.guardian....stival-of-bling
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
-
-
Thanks Townie for sharing this on Facebook. I stole it from your page. It was funny especially in the light of The Avengers popularity this week. . .
-
Hello, my name is OCD. I am new here. I am what my name suggests, so please spare me what I already know about myself. I have been a lurker here for years. Until this new version of MER launched, I was content being just that. A bored lurker. But because of the horrific, long winded, and overly-defined forum descriptions which in turn make the forum home-page a nightmare to read for topics because it drops the main-page into a scrolling nightmare of whats here as opposed to whats not, makes me want to just scream. I can't believe that this has been so over-looked. It's so simple. Simple like this: Redefine the forum definitions in half, or more, and you reduce the s…
-
- 39 replies
- 2.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Looking for a last-minute gift for Mother’s Day? Here’s a thought: Instead of showing Mom your appreciation for everything she is, why not try showing her your gratitude for everything she’snot? If you decide to go that backwards route, then be sure to pick up HeroBuilders.com‘s Tanorexic Action Figure (left) based on the burnt-to-a-fake-crisp mom Patricia Krentcil. The Connecticut-based company is selling the action figure for $29.95 a piece, touting it as “A perfect gift for your tanned BFFs.” Because what better way to show your friends and family you care than by bestowing them with a red-faced hero with tanning superpowers? Krentcil is currently facing child endan…
-
Read about it in the POLITICS FORUM: http://www.maleescortreview.com/forum/index.php?/topic/10504-breaking-news-obama-comes-out-for-gay-marriage/page__pid__59327#entry59327
-
http://www.huffingto..._n_1503790.html Vidal Sassoon is dead at age 84, according to the Los Angeles Times. Sassoon, often referred to as the "founder of hairdressing," is credited with pioneering the bob haircut and launched a sprawling network of salons around the world. He was found dead in his Mulholland Drive home; authorities told the LA Times he died of an "unspecified illness." Sassoon was reportedly fighting leukemia as of last year, after being diagnosed with blood cancer in 2009.
-
I wish US commercials were as entertaining. We have too many prudes in this country.
-
Never in a million years will you guess who Johnny Depp based his Willy Wonka on. Yet it will make so much sense once you hear it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSRc00kc08w
-
Temptation. Seduction. Obsession taglined in this the first poster for "Bel Ami", helmed by Declan Donnellan and Nick Ormerod. Adapted by Rachel Bennette from the short story by Guy de Maupassan, the story follows George Duroy, played by Robert Pattinson, a young journalist who rose from poverty to become one of the most successful men in Paris. He did this by ruthless and calculating bedding of the city's most powerful and glamorous ladies. "Bel Ami" is a Red Wave production, in association with XIX Film, Protagonist Pictures and RAI Cinema, and opens March 2nd via Columbia Pictures.
-
HOW does SanFran not already have one? And how is conservative San Diego about to be the first???
-
- 8 replies
- 1k views
-
-
This is hilarious. Some people are very creative.
-
- 1 reply
- 554 views
-
-
Even though he is a thug (still to this day). He was hot and still is to some degree. Would you hit it?
-
NewNowNext has listed their top 5 naked superheroes. The blob? really ? http://www.newnownext.com/5-best-naked-superheroes-the-avengers/05/2012/
-
Anyone checked out American Horror Story yet? It's got Zac Quinto in it plus you get to see Dylan McDermott in it and, for you kinky folk, a hot guy in an all latex skin tight outfit.
-
It breaks my heart when I see this in our community... A handsome young guy becomes a meth addict and cheats his on his boyfriend for drug money.. Skin lesions and itchiness... His friends who lure him into this are bad... If you try to intervene then you become this horrible monster instead. This needs to be stopped if we want our community to get strong and stand on its own.. I think most clients and escorts are not like this. Let's intervene and let's stop this. Let's stop this vicious cycle among us. We can do it..
-
http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/05/07/darren-criss-to-host-broadway-audience-choice-awards/ After a successful run run on Broadway in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, Glee’s golden boy has been tapped to host the 13th-annual Broadway.com Audience Choice Awards in New York on May 13.
-
Using cows' digestive processes as a starting point, a team from Liverpool John Moore's University has worked out that sauropods - the group which includes Brontosaurus - would have produced around 520 million tons of methane annually. They used a scale that links a cow's mass to its methane output and applied it to larger animals. And, they reckon, a 90-ton dinosaur would have produced thousands of liters a day. Multiplying this by the estimated total population of dinosaurs during the Mesozoic era, around 150 million years ago, gave them the 520 million ton figure. Climate change has been put forward as one reason for the dinosaurs' demise, with temperatures at the t…