Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    The video below is from 1981 ... its a pretty uninspired version of a Stones classic. But check out the clip at about 1:11 you will see a fan run across the stage. Then at 1:17 Keith Richards takes off his guitar and is seriously about to kills this fan ... lucky for the fan a roadie rescues him moments before he is bashed in the head.

    • 0 replies
    • 499 views
  2. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Yup – it’s only two days away now. Roll Up! Roll Up! Get your centenary souvenirs here! No, I know. It’s wrong to celebrate an event which caused so many deaths. But that has not stopped some merchants from ‘pushing the boat out’ with all manner of souvenirs of the sinking of the Titanic. There’s a Titanic Cruise under way at this moment in which the organisers stress they are ‘retracing’ the voyage and not ‘re-enacting’ it! Watch this space in a couple of days to verify that fact! On board, you can purchase Salt & Vinegar Titanic Potato Chips (Yuk! I trust these are being thrown over the side on that cruise!) There’s an exclusive “official” Titanic T…

    • 2 replies
    • 3.4k views
  3. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Well this is funny. . .

    • 3 replies
    • 646 views
  4. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Saturday Night Gleever coming next Tuesday to GLEE. . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqdIIfa6DFs

    • 3 replies
    • 474 views
  5. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I guess they are not as put together as they seem on TV. . .

    • 7 replies
    • 910 views
  6. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    You can hear the 911 call for help however the call comes from the hotel not the person(s) that were with her. http://news.yahoo.co...o-28929689.html

    • 0 replies
    • 584 views
  7. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    http://www.vice.com/read/an-etiquette-guide-for-straight-people-in-gay-bars Brian Moylan is stirring the pot again with an etiquette guide for straight people at gay bars. I have to admit though, I tend to agree with him. According to AfterElton nothing could clear a dance floor full of shirtless circuit boys faster than some of this stuff, plus mixed drinks on the dance floor? Who does that?

    • 1 reply
    • 536 views
  8. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    This didn't even look like him at first glance. But it's a hot photo. I'd love to see this on Broadway.

    • 1 reply
    • 556 views
  9. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    In case you wanted to know and where to have it done. . . http://www.buzzfeed.com/amyodell/a-simple-guide-to-dude-crotch-waxing

    • 0 replies
    • 528 views
  10. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    CBS-LA has been posting names, mugshots and birth dates of men arrested for cruising a park in a police sting. When they were questioned about the fact that they didn't publish all the other crimes, they said "Our coverage, like that of several other media outlets, included showing the official photos of those arrested, photographs that were provided by the Manhattan Beach Police Department. This reporting is consistent with our long-held journalistic standards by which we provide the public with information and photos from law enforcement agencies about arrested individuals on a regular basis without regard to their gender, race or sexual orientation." Research says lia…

    • 3 replies
    • 672 views
  11. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    Thanks to two albums of awesome songs, successful largely due to producer Mike Clink, Guns 'N Roses is going to the Rock Hall of Fame. However Axl must think its still 1989 or whatever ... he cannot grasp no one really cares about his attitude anymore. It was cool like 15 years ago now its plain old boring. From Huffington Post. ---------- NEW YORK — The acrimony that helped dissolve Guns N' Roses nearly 20 years ago still lingers. Axl Rose announced Wednesday that he won't be showing up to see the band inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and declined the honor for himself. In a letter to the hall, band fans and "To Whom It May Concern," Rose listed several r…

    • 3 replies
    • 710 views
  12. Started by JKane,

    It works, too! So far I'm done with Bourbon!

    • 1 reply
    • 702 views
  13. Started by Suckrates,

    So its been reported that Fashion icon and horn-dog Marc Jacobs 49 is seriously dating Mega hung pornstar and sometimes escort Harry Louis 24... Is it LOVE, or is it money and fame ? Or maybe its the love of Money and fame ? Will it last ? Can it last ? Do you even care ?

    • 9 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    ascinating article on how Apple created price fixing with the major publishers so they could increase the price of ebooks. Read the article here.

    • 1 reply
    • 615 views
  15. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    I love the Clintons ... I think Bill was one of the better presidents in my lifetime and Hilary one of the best Sec of State we have had in a long time. In the clip she talks about the few minutes during and after the killing of Bin Laden. http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/28920258

    • 2 replies
    • 764 views
  16. Started by TampaYankee,

    Rich People Have Less Compassion, Psychology Research Suggests | By Daisy Grewal Posted: 04/11/2012 Who is more likely to lie, cheat, and steal—the poor person or the rich one? It’s tempting to think that the wealthier you are, the more likely you are to act fairly. After all, if you already have enough for yourself, it’s easier to think about what others may need. But research suggests the opposite is true: as people climb the social ladder, their compassionate feelings towards other people decline. Berkeley psychologists Paul Piff and Dacher Keltner ran several studies looking at whether social class (as measured by wealth, occupational prestige, and education)…

    • 2 replies
    • 796 views
  17. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    This is upcoming cover Entertainment Weekly double issue covering the summer movie previews. Are you excited about "The Dark Knight Rises"? I think it will be a big let down after the last one since that one was so good. We'll see if they can bring it.

    • 2 replies
    • 612 views
  18. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    A few months back a friend gave me several of his books on teenage prostitution. This is something that I am facinated by .. especially from the 60s-70s-80s era where most of it was boys living on the streets. Anyway, I read this book by Robin Lloyd who at one time worked for NBC news. He was able to get access to these guys and their stories are compelling. It makes me sad that many of these boys went through what they did. I always try to picture where they might be at today, what their lifeis like now? Did they overcome their hurddles in life or did they give up? btw Anyone else happen to read this book or know of others like it? I noticed the bookis available at Am…

    • 14 replies
    • 1.1k views
  19. Gabriel Arana writes a good analysis/pocket history/personal memoir on the Ex-Gay quackery. http://prospect.org/article/my-so-called-ex-gay-life Beginning on the 3rd page there's an interesting section on Dr. Robert Spitzer's role in the crucial 1973 reclassification of homosexuality in the APA manual (before then we were officially warped), his 2001 study that was latched onto by the Quacks as justification for their practices, and his subsequent efforts to retract the 2001 study as scientifically flawed.

    • 1 reply
    • 732 views
  20. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    I hope I include all that added their name to the contest. If I left you out totally unintentional. I was a little surprised at some of the counts. Quick reminder for every 300 posts = one entry in drawing. For 2190 posts first three receive $500us gift cert. For over all most posts I believe that person receives $500us gift cert. Contest ends in about 6 weeks. And the current results are: EXPAT 2238 Lurkerspeaks 284 MsGuy 266 FourAces 567 CharliePS 155 RA1 140 Lookin 149 OneFinger 51 Hitoallusa 637 JKane 789 KYTop 35 BewareOfNick 31 While I don't need anymore comptetition still plenty of time for people to add another entry into the dr…

    • 16 replies
    • 1.1k views
  21. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Adam Lambert is about to release his new second single from his new album "Trespassing" called "Never Close Our Eyes". Here is a sample of the new song:

    • 2 replies
    • 539 views
  22. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Since Glee's Spring Season premiere is tomorrow night, I thought I'd share this hot picture of Chord Overstreet on the cover of this new magazine.

    • 8 replies
    • 700 views
  23. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    For many years I earned enough money playing poker to do it full time. I mostly played cash games ando nce in a while took a shot at a tournament. For those who are not poker players the two types of games play quite differently. In any event it had been an awesome 9 years ... travelling around the states checking out different casinos and doing something I truly enjoyed for a living. About a year ago I slowly cut back on my playing. Sticking to games in my area and a few trips to So California card rooms. I didn't do so well. In January of this year I went a bit wild ... used terrible money management and by mid-February was totally broke losing tens of thousands of d…

  24. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    One downside of living in Dallas is there really is no live theater. And touring companies seem not to ever reach this city. When I was a kid we used to go to NYC often and almost always catch a play. One of my favorites was the original cast of Hair. Later I would see the touring show in Las Vegas which was also quite good. Anyway, maybe as I get older I miss some of the more talented arts. Frankie and band were always blasting out of a crummy AM radio back in the day. I never knew there was such a compelling story behind the hits. I sure wish Jersey Boys would somehow end up in town.

    • 5 replies
    • 551 views
  25. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    This is hot. nothing like a little gay sex scandal. . .

    • 0 replies
    • 487 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.