The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
Two of "American Idol" Season 1's greatest voices, winner Kelly Clarkson and fourth-placer Tamyra Gray (who you may remember as the first big shocker elimination in "Idol" history), reunited onstage last night at Atlanta's Fox Theater, to duet on the late Whitney Houston's "Exhale (Shoop Shoop)." The result, as one might expect, was vocally epic.
-
Some airlines are making it possible for you to pick the person who sits next to you on the plane. The details seem to be hard to work out, say what do you do if the person you pick doesn't pick you?- but in the pic that accompanies the article, I pick the guy on the right. But the guy on the left would do too! The Article Itself Wonder why they used two guys in the photo? Very gay!
-
Guess it makes sense given the vast number of right-wing closet cases! Though Waxman's a Dem and probably too ugly to hookup for free...
-
- 5 replies
- 710 views
-
-
I never thought I’d see this news item. Singapore Airlines has an invitation on its website to witness the end of its 747 fleet. The final aircraft will fly flights SQ747 and SQ748 to and from Hong Kong of 6th April. All passengers will take part in a party at the departure gates. First-class passengers will additionally be treated to a visit to a B747 simulator and a gourmet lunch. http://siajourneys.com/ The 747 has played a major part in almost all my travel in 33 years in Asia. My Air France flight to Hong Kong on March 2nd 1979 was my first-ever in a 747. I was staggered at the size of the monster. One of the second version -200 series, it had intermediar…
-
- 5 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
How does it feel? Woman cons Nigerian scammers out of $33,000 !! hahaha http://huff.to/zDvGoG
-
One of my favorite shows EVER is Survivor. I have always loved it. I didn't like Richard Hatch but thought he was a genuine guy. This season they have a guy who is more flaming than I am if that is possible. It is simply sick. I don't know why they can't get a more non stereotypical guy for the show.
-
- 8 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Congratulation to Tampa Yankee on reaching 5000 posts. You get to wear this badge until your next post! Beware of Totally Oz, right on your tail, so to speak, with 4,055 posts. Well, I guess that is not "right on your tail!"
-
- 5 replies
- 771 views
-
-
In her first regular series gig since Murphy Brown, Lily Tomlin has been tapped for a lead role opposite Reba McEntire in ABC’s half-hour pilot Malibu Country. The project, from Reba showrunner Kevin Abbott, centers on Reba Gallagher (McEntire) who, after her “good ol boy” rock star husband cheats on her and burns through most of their money, divorces him and moves her family from Nashville to the only asset she has left — a little house in Malibu. There she’ll try to reignite her own singing career and keep herself and her three kids from being corrupted by the materialistic and rarefied Malibu world she now calls home.
-
http://www.eonline.com/news/marc_malkin/justin_timberlake_closer_starring_in/296019 Looks like this biopic may be happening. I think Justin Timberlake playing Elton John is excellent casting. I think this would make a must-watch movie.
-
I can't believe that someone actually put this on their lawn as their mailbox. Wonders never cease. . .
-
- 2 replies
- 713 views
-
-
-
So what did people think of the shocking winter finale of GLEE last night? I was very shocked it ended that way. I guess they are trying to teach kids about the risks of texting and driving. I think it doesn't come back on until April.
-
- 12 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I invite you to mark your calendars for March 24 and 25, 2012 for the 8th Annual Palm Springs Weekend. There will be a dinner on Saturday the 24th, and a "pool event" at my rented condo in the afternoon of Sunday, the 25th. Probably another dinner after the "pool event". More details will be announced as they become available. In the meantime, I wish everyone an early Happy Valentine's Day! (Which also happens to be International Condom Day!)
-
- 20 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
One could criticize why these MER foums suck the life out from those who remain resilient here and reproduce nothing more than disappointment to everyone else , including those who post here daily, and continue to wonder why. It would be a new story here, if it was not an old story here to begin with. The real reason that these forums suck and why most often times, people are begging here for new people to join in and to participate is because there is no new blood being filtered this way. MER, once seemingly was a HUGE difference, and what could have become a giant. But It chose to only focus on the collateral damage done and to attract those left behind by anothe…
-
- 9 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
AP Reports: Troubled former Major League Baseball player Elijah Dukes has been arrested again, this time on drug charges. Tampa police say the 27-year-old was arrested during a traffic stop early Thursday after officers noticed a small bag of marijuana on his lap. Authorities say he then tried to stick the drug in his mouth as if he were going to ingest it. They also noticed a marijuana cigarette tucked behind his ear. Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2012/02/23/sports/s141240S59.DTL#ixzz1nG1XOC7n It is his fifth traffic arrest this year. If he couldn't catch a fly ball, now we know why.
-
- 0 replies
- 755 views
-
-
Seems Daddys site is Down. They are claiming a "blown disk" and server move. Hope Daddy recovers. His members must be going crazy not having a place to crash?
-
- 5 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
I laughed and laughed when I heard this today. Listen closely to the lyrics.
-
We have come to that time when it's necessary to make more definite plans for the festivities. Specifics will not be posted here, in order to preserve confidentiality. Therefore, if you are serious about attending this year's events, please send me an e-mail (not a private message) through this site, with your return e-mail address so that I may send you the pertinent information as it unfolds. Your confidential information will be respected, as I expect mine to be. Dinner reservations will be the first order of business, followed later by RSVP's for the pool event at my condo. If you will be bringing a "guest", please tell me who. That information will also be kept conf…
-
- 1 reply
- 814 views
-
-
No, not one of those brain teaser ones. Just a few Christmassy photos to identify. The eight photos below were taken on five different continents – continents being defined as Australia/New Zealand, Asia, Europe, North America and South America (I know some define the Americas as one – but I’m calling them two!). So, some of the photos were clearly taken on the same continent/s. The Quiz is in two parts with prizes for each. Part 1 Correctly identify the continents represented in each photo. Part 2 Correctly identify the region, location or city where each photo was taken. By region and location, I mean an area that is within a radius of 25 miles or s…
-
I love this cover of the upcoming Vogue. Her next single will drop in March and it's the 4th single from "21" and this one is called "Rumour Has It".
-
- 5 replies
- 749 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Very funny especially if you are a Cher fan and know things she has said in the past. . .
-
Rachel Hulin's experiment in flying children. For more flying baby photos click here: http://huff.to/yjNlXn
-
-
It is definitely award season. The Annual BRIT Awards 2012 were just held and the winners are below: The full list of winners: British Male Solo Artist Ed Sheeran British Female Solo Artist Adele Mastercard British Album of the Year Adele, "21" British Breakthrough Act Ed Sheeran British Group Coldplay British Single One Direction, "What Makes You Beautiful" International Male Solo Artist Bruno Mars International Female Solo Artist Rihanna International Group Foo Fighters International Breakthrough Act Lana Del Rey Outstanding Contribution to Music Blur Critics Choice Emeli Sandé ENDS
-
Hey guys if you want to take a look inside Foxcon China check out tomorrows Nightline. Its the first time Apple has allowed an American TV crew inside. Preview here, http://abcnews.go.com/International/trip-ifactory-nightline-unprecedented-glimpse-inside-apples-chinese/story?id=15748745#.T0JCGUrk-PU