The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcCtyMSuyHk&feature=player_embedded#!
-
Well, four hours at it. Doctors are more and more telling the patient who calls asking to see him due to illness: Call urgent care! So yesterday we did, and we were there for FOUR hours! That's urgent care? My poor doctor cannot see someone who is sick anymore? What's this country coming to when your doctor doesn't see sick people?
-
- 1 reply
- 698 views
-
-
I saw these on Facebook late last night and I thought they were funny.
-
-
From http://www.kennethinthe212.com/.... RIP, Andy Whitfield So sad to hear about the death of actor Andy Whitfield, best known for his role on the Starz series "Spartacus." I never watched the show, but I fell in love with him after seeing him squirming in his chair on "Chelsea Lately" a couple years ago, as the comedian repeatedly quizzed him about sex scenes and whether or not they show his "dingaling" on camera. RIP, Andy. You'll live in in our imaginations forever.
-
- 7 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
http://www.frontiersla.com/Other/PDF/BackIssues/3021.pdf The above link is the latest issue of Frontiers in LA Magazine. It's one of the main gay magazines in West Hollywood/Los Angeles/San Diego that comes out every two weeks. It's a merger of two magazine from a couple of years ago. I'm amazed who at who chooses to advertises in this magazine. But since the magazine is free, it has to thrive on ads. And if you take a look issue after issue it's all about prescription drugs or plastic surgery or dental work. It's amazing to me. I really wonder if gay people really buy from those type of ads. But they continue to be represented issue after issue.
-
- 4 replies
- 806 views
-
-
The Superbowl commercials are leaking early on YouTube (I'm not sure why they would do that other than getting on news and talk shows early). But I knew it was only a matter of time before Vampires got in car commercials. Watch below the new Audi Superbowl commercial. What do you think? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw9ZeXB2uKs
-
- 16 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Super Bowl XLVI IS MOST-WATCHED TELEVISION SHOW IN U.S. HISTORY 111.3 Million Watch Super Bowl XLVI, Tops Last Year’s Super Bowl (111.0 Million) - Highest viewers ever 167 Million people watched at least a part of the Super Bowl this year 47.0 Household Rating is Best in 26 Years, Since 48.3 for Super Bowl XX 40.5 Adult 18-49 Rating is Best for a Super Bowl in 16 Years 14% Higher Than Last Giants-Patriots Super Bowl in 2008 12% Higher Than Last NBC Super Bowl in 2009 7th Straight Year Super Bowl Audience Increases
-
I currently operate a basic push button phone, but may move to a smartphone. Considering use of the smartphone for travel (no call contracts): 1 Are there reasonable Pay as You Go SIM options with reasonable data download costs? The whole idea of having such a phone would be for browsing, map applications etc. 2 Do any of the smartphones have dual SIM capability? (For homecountry & destination SIM cards, I currently take 2 small pushbutton phones, which use the same very light USB charger. Purchasing 2 smartphones would be expensive). Presumably some of the early adopters might have experience of these issues?
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
-
-
Not a bad accomplishment, but I noticed that this board passed the 50,000 post mark earlier today. Congratulations collective posters. . .
-
- 3 replies
- 565 views
-
-
If so, now is the time to show how proud you are of your city as it hosts this annual football game between very good teams from the football league.
-
- 8 replies
- 971 views
-
-
This is a follow on from the What we might wish we had done topic posted in the Beer Bar in which 'regret' #4 expressed by many older people approaching death was that they hadn't kept in contact with friends. Once I started thinking of the various ways we can keep in contact I was surprised just how many there are - I've probably omitted a few, hence the 'other' option. Please feel free to post comments. The poll is in two parts, the first question you have only one choice, the second you can choose as many as you wish. The poll is anonymous.
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
-
Roland Martin tweeted about H&M's David Beckham ad last night during the Super Bowl. This is what he tweeted: In consecutive twitter posts Martin writes, "Ain't no real bruhs going to H&M to buy some damn David Beckham underwear!...If a dude at your Super Bowl party is hyped about David Beckham's H&M underwear ad, smack the ish out of him!...I bet soccer fan Piers Morgan will be in line at H&M in the morning to get his hands on David Bechman's (sic) underwear line!" Twitter immediately accused Martin of homophobia. This came to a head when GLAAD criticized Martin and urged CNN to dump him. They write on Twitter, "Advocates of gay bashing have no place …
-
Since the largest TV event in history is predicted this Sunday on NBC. I thought I'd find out what the readers of MER think about who they think will win The Superbowl 2012. TV watchers/reviewers believe this matchup may create the biggest TV audience in history this Sunday. It doesn't hurt that Madonna is performing the half-time show whether you like her or not, the curiosity factor will drive viewers.
-
As some may know, the Mayans and some other cultures declared that 2012 would mean the end of the world (12.21.2012 according to Mayans). With this in mind, I can see kind of an upside (no Xmas shopping!). But I wanted to start this thread as a repository for anything that might be of consequence about The End. Anything you hope to accomplish? Anyone you hope to hook up with? Any parting shots or thoughts? This is meant to be a fun thread but if you have thought provoking messages those would be welcomed as well. Now to be honest I have not thought of anything signifcant just yet but I'll come up with my list at a later time....
-
- 10 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
Hoosier hospitality is at is best this weekend as the city of Indianapolis plays host to the Super bowl. Indy, as the city is affectionately known, plays host to the Indianapolis 500 each year, so has some experience at this sort of thing. The Indianapolis 500 is a race of automobiles souped up to obtain high speeds as they circle an oval track until either crashing against a wall or finishing the race.
-
- 1 reply
- 773 views
-
-
Popular billboards on Jesus have been vandalized in the Hoosier city as millions flock there for a football game.
-
- 4 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
I saw Paranormal Activity 2 yesterday. If you were a fan of the first one, you will love this one. If you didn't like the original, then don't waste your time. I loved the first one and loved this one even more... Can't wait to see Hereafter..The new Clint Eastwood produced, Matt Damon stars movie about afterlife..Getting very good reviews.. Another movie I am looking forward to is Burlesque..Cher and Christina Aguiliera together.. Could end up being a bomb, but it looks FABBBBBULOUS...singing, dancing, and sequens.. a gay dream come true!!!!
-
- 27 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Not a single complaint has yet reached Super Bowl authorities that any one individual has been unable to obtain the services of a prostitute during Super Bowl weekend. One individual complained that his chosen sex worker would not give him an "around the world," yet calmed down once it was pointed out to him that she wad a native born Estonian and did not sufficient geographic knowledge to complete the act. One man complained that the price quoted him was twice the price quoted to his buddies, but once he was told that he was twice as ugly as they are, he understood.
-
- 1 reply
- 720 views
-
-
The Super Bowl football game between two teams of football players is over. The game finished tonight after one team obtained more points than the other one did. Obtaining the most points is the object of the game called football, and when one team does so with in the regulated time period, they are declared the victors. Thus, the Super bowl is over for this year, but could easily be played again next year, although not necessarily between the same two teams.
-
- 1 reply
- 709 views
-
-
Reba once replaced Bernadette Peters in the Broadway musical Annie get Your Gun. What had been a lackluster show suddenly thrived with the endearing and talented McIntire. I then watched a multitude of episodes of the sitcom, Reba, where she played a divorced Houston housewife raising children while continually encountering her ex and his new wife. The very cute Steve Howey played her comedic son-in-law. Over the years his body went from tall and skinny to quite hunky, but as he aged he put on weigh and began to look like a young Al Gore. I still have the show on my Roku Hulu Plus. All of which is to say that I am a Reba fan. And now, she may have a new sitcom coming! Th…
-
- 7 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Who knows why, since it is not literally true.
-
- 2 replies
- 748 views
-
-
Famed robber John Dillinger is buried at Crown Hill Cemetery in Indianapolis, not far from the location of this year's Super bowl. Cemetery officials did not report any increases in visits to the gravesite, although several gay men did stop by to see if the Dillinger penis might be on display. The robber reportedly had a huge endowment between his legs.