The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
Orange County workshops created to help bullied kids. http://www.ocregister.com/news/foland-340671-bullying-students.html Ryan Foland created Bully Busters OC that teaches kids to manage their personal space, convey confidence with body language and avoid conflict. He said there is a proper way to react to name-calling or physical confrontation.
-
http://animalsthatdopeoplethings.tumblr.com/ Some great ones in here, hard to imagine having the patience to get them!
-
- 0 replies
- 569 views
-
-
http://www.queerty.com/breaking-nj-assembly-passes-marriage-equality-bill-41-33-over-to-you-christie-20120216/ Both houses in New Jersey have approved marriage equality. Governor Chris Christie has vowed to veto it. Many think this may have been a wasted vote, but now Christie will go on record with a veto and that I think is important for him to put his stamp on his view of civil rights. I bet that someone from with the Republican establishment and/or the right wing of the party said to him that he would never get national office if he ever approves such a thing. I also suspect that Romney may be dangling the VP for 2012 under him even though he said he wouldn't run…
-
Take this, establish a baseline, and re-check yourself periodically--it's the only way to be sure! How fast can you guess these words and fill-in the blanks? 1. _ _NDOM 2. F_ _K 3. P_N_S 4. PU_S_ 5. S_X 6. BOO_S Answers: 1. RANDOM 2. FORK 3. PANTS 4. PULSE 5. SIX 6. BOOKS You got all 6 wrong....didn't you? You do NOT have Alzheimer's... You are a Pervert!
-
- 6 replies
- 809 views
-
-
Linked it in the Howard Stern thread but wanted to link again for those who won't read something about Stern (though a listen may change your mind!). No one at school had seen her suicide coming. No one saw the rest of them coming, either. Sam's death lit the fuse of a suicide epidemic that would take the lives of nine local students in under two years [...] Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/one-towns-war-on-gay-teens-20120202#ixzz1lwIID5nN
-
- 12 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
FBI could take down Internet for millions on March 8 By Andrew Couts | Digital Trends The Federal Bureau of Investigation may soon be forced to shut down a number of key Domain Name System (DNS) servers, which would cut Internet access for millions of Web users around the world, reports BetaBeat. The DNS servers were installed by the FBI last year, in an effort to stop the spread of a piece of malware known as DNSCharger Trojan. But the court order that allowed the set up of the replacement servers expires on March 8. In November of last year, authorities arrested six men in Estonia for the creation and spread of DNSCharger, which reconfigures infected computers’ Inte…
-
- 1 reply
- 683 views
-
-
I am trying to schedule my vacations for the year. I want to do one trip to Bangkok/Pattaya (first trip ever to Thailand) and one trip to Rio (4th time). Unfortunately, my regular travel buddy has already scheduled his time off work and it doesnt work with any time I can get.. I was wondering if anyone from here would be interested or has already planned trips to either of those places and wouldn't mind some company for part of the trip. (Or is anyone who resides in either place would welcome some American company) For the Rio trip, I have been enough times that I could be "tourguide" to help a newbie get acclimated to the scene. But in Thailand, I would most welcome so…
-
- 9 replies
- 868 views
- 1 follower
-
-
This looks like a Maalox Moment to me. Check this out and the accompanying article. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/15/shark-eats-shark_n_1279570.html
-
- 3 replies
- 819 views
-
-
In a casting coup that feels so right, John Goodman is reuniting with Roseanne Barr for her new sitcom pilot on NBC, "Downwardly Mobile". They won't be playing husband and wife this time, but Goodman will be a resident of the trailer park Roseanne manages.
-
- 4 replies
- 705 views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
http://www.dailydot.com/society/gay-soldier-randy-phillips-youtube-profile/ Just stumbled across, realized I was fairly curious...
-
Forums are never created by or with one person alone. But they are often destroyed by the absence of the few as apposed to the many. These forums do not represent the many. They actually represent the few who reach out to hopefully find those people who want a better moment in time. No? AND Yes. Yes they do....As far as I am concerned with that moment in tine... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m46nvic8VIA
-
Now this is a hottttttttt model. I could easily spend hours on this young man. Your cooking lesson for the day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP1tQdagARc And here is the NSFW version of the video: http://www.andrewchristian.com/socialvideos/icecream/video.html
-
- 1 reply
- 626 views
-
-
-
So now one of the credit rating agencies has put the UK on notice of a possible downgrade from its AAA rating. How is it, I wonder, that these rating agencies are still trusted and have any shred of credibility left? Did not their sheer inefficiency not contribute in a massive way to the chaos of 2008 and beyond? What has changed?
-
Does anyone else enjoy "The Closer" on TNT as much as I do? I love the Brenda Lee Johnson character. She cracks me up. I am very sorry that it is ending this year after 7 seasons. The last episodes will air this summer. I saw this fan thank you ad today and thought I'd share it. Anyone who watches the show will get it.
-
- 4 replies
- 938 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Finally, Adam Lambert releases his music video for "Better Than I Know Myself". Too bad this song is not doing very well. But it doesn't really have a hook to remember the song. I think he missed on this one.
-
Decided to see the BAFTA Awards repeat this morning. At around 90 minutes long without any commercials - and thankfully also without any singing or dancing numbers - I found it slick and quite watchable. Stephen Fry has improved since I last saw him do this show about 3 years ago, but one of his little quips fell totally flat on an audience who clearly knew virtually nothing about the performing arts. When he talked about the Royal Opera House stage having witnessed Nijinsky sing and Caruso dance, absolutely no-one laughed. Nijinsky, of course, was one of the great dancers and Caruso one of the great tenors of the last century! I have not seen Meryl Streep as Marg…
-
I have loved this author for many years and was excited when I saw his new novel on Amazon. I read it over the weekend and really enjoyed it. IMHO, it was not at good as some of his other novels but it was enjoyable. Most of Burdett's novels are based in Thailand and in Bangkok where the lead character lives. As someone who loves Thailand and Bangkok, it is always fun to read about places you know and love. The book is a very easy read and gives you some really weird but fascinating characters.
-
- 1 reply
- 559 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Washington on Wednesday became the seventh state to legalize same-sex marriage. http://nyti.ms/xaTB2l
-
There were many nice highlights from last night's show but for me this was number one, enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUs_dXXGs44
-
The Grammy's are this Sunday. Do you have a preference of Album of the Year? Song of the Year or Record of the Year?
-
In addition to the Grammy's in Los Angeles today, the BAFTAs are also going on in London. And I think for the first time (that I recall at least) they are being broadcast on BBC America this evening (8PM EST or 5PM PST). I'm looking forward to watching both the BAFTAs and the Grammy's today. Here are all of the nominations for the BAFTA's 2012: Best Film The Artist The Descendants Drive The Help Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy Film Not in the English Language Incendies Pina Potiche A Separation The Skin I Live In Outstanding British Film My Week with Marilyn Senna Shame Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy We Need to Talk About Kevin Director The Artist - Michel Haz…
-
- 7 replies
- 730 views
-
-
I am a visual person and some photos stay in my mind forever. Can you name the movies in the shots below?
-
- 9 replies
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I still have some 1600+ posts need by May 1st if I am to win of the three prizes for people who make 2190, or 1825 posts during the contest time frame. I seriously doubt that I can do that, but every once in a while I will give it a shot. I plan to put all of the posts in one thread so as not to dominate the forums. But keep coming back all day as I plan to add to it. So, let's start the day out with a photo of a guy who, if he were by my side, I would forget the contest and hit the bedroom. Can we find one? Stay tuned! Oops, sorry! The first stop in my search turned me away! I was going to check the place across the street, but couldn't get across! I am hoping to…
-
- 37 replies
- 4.1k views
- 1 follower
-