The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
I was on GOOGLE EARTH this morning looking around at the different things. I zoomed in on a town in Missouri. I WAS SHOCKED to find out that a house on Walker Street IS ON FIRE! Don't laugh! This is a serious matter indeed! We should call the police and fire station to alert them that this red house on Walker Street in this Missouri town is burning to the ground even as we speak! OH THE HORROR! gcursor
-
My vacation home has a new gas boiler. It's warm down stairs but cold upstairs so I think somewhere along the pipes are blocked by sludge and rust. How do I clean pipes out? I read some methods online but not sure it's safe to do it on my own.
-
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/26/celebrity-catfights-madonna-elton-john-lady-gaga-rupaul-_n_1232899.html?ref=gay-voices This is funny. What are the 20 best celebrity catfights ever including the latest between Madonna and Elton John. My favorite one (Joan Crawford vs. Bette Davis:
-
Videos will always be better experienced by clicking on them after they play here than they will ever be enjoyed here because this website kills most video experiences by compression. They know it but don't care and believe you don't care or know enough to go elsewhere. The videos you watch here, are lacking in what they are for everyone else. You choose. Once you click play and then click within the video itself, you'll see what I'm saying.
-
- 3 replies
- 741 views
-
-
Well, okay, the photos are from 1959, but that doesn't mean that they don't have some interest today! Historical perspective and all. Take a look at 11 photos of guys who once thought they were pretty tough: 50's in Brooklyn's Gangs A preview:
-
Edmund White's latest novel is Jack Holmes and His Friend, a story about two men, one gay, one straight. Obviously the gay guy longs for the straight guy over a number of years. The NY Times Book Review quotes this passage on how gay men and straight men differ when dealing with an ex-love. The gay men keep them as friends, the straights don't- or at least that is the case here. What do you think? Jack says to Will, “Straight people, as soon as they’ve broken up, it’s off with their heads.” “And gays?” “We stay friends. Why invest so much energy and time in another person and then just cut him out of your life forever? That’s the nasty, brutish way straights behave.” …
-
- 2 replies
- 861 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Yes, I had planned to be a diehard, sticking to the hard copy of a book until they didn't make them anymore. Then Oz showed me his Ipad2, with the Google translate app, and it seemed just right for my trips to foreign countries. I do like it, a lot. So I saw that the new George Pelecanos novel (What It Was) is being offered as an ebook for just 99 cents! My library doesn't have it just yet, and I like Pelecanos a lot, so I took the leap and bet 99 cents that I would enjoy reading an ebook. It's going to be a bit weird for me though. So, I am using the Ibooks app on the Ipad. This leads to my question for Oz- why do you have the Kindle App on your Ipad if they have ebook…
-
- 12 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Aptly named or not, the Christ Is Love rehab center in Lima Peru represented a last hope for many drug addicts who wanted to turn their lives around Then a fire swept through the premises, killing 27 residents. The unlicensed and overcrowded center kept its residents in like "prisoners," Peru's Health minister said. Many did not have a chance once the fire took hold. Supposedly using biblical teachings to combat addiction, the center appears to have been nothing but a cruel twist in the lives of those struggling to overcome addiction. No word on who actually ran the rehab center, or how the fire started. Story on Fire
-
- 0 replies
- 620 views
-
-
Los Angeles has finally introduced a low banning male porn stars from not using condoms. And surprisingly, at least to me, the porn film industry is crying “foul”. The move will, its says, drive porn movie producers to move outside the city. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16712744 In this day and age, that last phrase “some actors prefer not to wear them”, seems totally unbelievable to me.
-
- 7 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Naked Boys Singing, for 13 years a staple of sorts in the New York theater scene, is closing. Some 291,000 people have seen 71 different performers take it all off to sing for their supper. The show raised $256,963 for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. Having seen it, it was just a mildly entertaining show, although the number "beat your meat' does tend to stick in the mind. Now, without looking, who can name the two porn stars who were in the cast? Read more, including the stats on this popular show: Packing Up The Jock Straps
-
- 9 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/24/google-privacy-policies_n_1229470.html Google announced new privacy policies today that will link all of your products across Google whether you want them to be linked or not and apparently users can't opt out unless of course you stop using one of their products. I'm not sure I get the rules or why they are doing it. I suspect that there will be a lot of complaints about this change. But I'm not sure I fully understand the consequences.
-
Our webmaster was in my dream last night. He was a young hot computer geek. I don't know why Oz was in my dream. Anyways, a person dreamt of Obama and won lottery so I'm going to buy a lottery ticket too just in case. I will let you know. Funny thing about the dream was that I was able to recall Oz's post about him being getting old and his bike ride getting tougher in my sleep.
-
- 6 replies
- 973 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Our BiBottomBoy is missing in action... I think he is participating in the contest... Did he drop out like me??? I hope he is ok...
-
- 2 replies
- 701 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Star Trek fan is divorcing and has to get rid of his Star Trek Enterprise home. This is unbelievable what he did to his home. Check out the video in this link. I think now we know why he is divorcing perhaps??? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/27/star-trek-divorce_n_1237642.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009
-
- 2 replies
- 656 views
-
-
By the way, a new "type" of roller coaster is being unveiled this year which hasn't been tried before. Essentially it has "two" coasters "flying" from opposite ends of the same track. Hard to explain but here's the video... http://affiliate.kickapps.com/_X-FLIGHT/video/1630561/151061.html?as=151061
-
- 2 replies
- 691 views
- 1 follower
-
-
For myself, it would have to be Uncle Fester from the Addams Family.. the original tv version, not the movie version.. For fellow poster Lucky, I was thinking the man from "UP".. Who else wants to post their "pic"????
-
- 27 replies
- 4.1k views
-
-
World's Worst Airport Terminals By Sascha Segan | Frommers – Thu, Jan 19, 2012 6:24 PM EST Most airports are awful. At best they’re joyless econoboxes, at worst purgatorial warehouses of stalled lives. Some airports deserve special condemnation, though. In some cases, they deserve to be literally condemned. Assembling this top 10 list of misfits I scanned professional surveys and delay statistics and asked my frequent-traveler friends to come up with the 10 airports where you'd least like to spend an extra hour. I'm sticking to major airports here. There are small airports around the world that consist of a shanty that swelters in the summer and freezes in the winter,…
-
- 3 replies
- 923 views
-
-
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Facebook is close to a deal with Morgan Stanley to create the IPO for Facebook which may be as early as next week. If you've seen Apple go way up in value, watch Facebook. The only difference is that there is real value in the Apple stock. . . Facebook, not so much at least not yet. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204573704577187062821038498.html
-
No Cher is not dead. Why do people perpetuate these types of hoaxes? http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2012/01/cher-is-not-dead---latest-celebrity-twitter-death-hoax.html Here is another article on the hoax and how it started and expanded. thanks to @KimKardashian http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/288751/20120127/cher-dead-twitter-trends-kim-kardashian.htm
-
http://news.yahoo.com/video/entertainment-15749636/lawyer-withdraws-mystery-lotto-winner-claim-28053308.html The story is the making of a good mystery novel
-
Check out this full performance of Darren Criss and the Glee ensemble doing "Wanna be startin something". What do you think? Is it just me, or does Darren show quite a "package" in the vid? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LklWlY6icGo
-
Arnie Hammer, who played deputy FBI Director Clyde Tolson in the recent biopic on J. Edgar Hoover, was arrested for marijuana possession...on November 30th, when the film was in theaters. Yet the deputy director's clout kept the arrest secret until now. A drug-sniffing dog nabbed his vehicle as it crossed into the US from Mexico, where god knows what the hot film star was up to. Reports that he kept mentioning "yoor seester" as he crossed were apparently untrue. (OK, I made that part up!) http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/armie-hammer-arrested-marijuana-possession-border-patrol-checkpoint-texas-article-1.1011845
-
I wanted to let you guys know about one of the most AWESOMELY amazing fantastically cool cars I have seen in quite a while!!!!!
-
- 2 replies
- 650 views
-
-
"To make your wish her command, Siri floods your cell network with a stream of data; her responses require a similarly large flow in return. A study published this month by Arieso, an Atlanta firm that specializes in mobile networks, found that the Siri-equipped iPhone 4S uses twice as much data as does the plain old iPhone 4 and nearly three times as much as does the iPhone 3G. The new phone requires far more data than most other advanced smartphones, which are pretty data-intensive themselves, The Post has reported." Read the whole story: Sad saga of Siri Sucking data
-
- 5 replies
- 808 views
-
-
I missed this piece of news a couple of weeks ago. Seems that Tony Fernandez dream of long haul budget flights to Europe is about to bite the dust. The only two European services - from Kuala Lumpur to Paris and London - are being axed at the end of March. Two Indian routes fall by the wayside somewhat earlier. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16526235