The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
I don't get why it is a hair video. EXPAT?
-
Apple handily beat The Street’s estimate for its fiscal first quarter, reporting revenues of $46.3 billion for the quarter and a net profit of $13.87 per share. That’s beats $39 billion to $43 billion in revenues and $10.19 to $12.01 that analysts were expecting. The company also sold more iPhones and iPads than had been predicted. In a note to clients on Tuesday, for instance, Sterne Agee’s Shaw Wu said he expected Apple to announce sales of 29.5 million iPhones and 13.5 million iPads. In fact, the company has sold 37 million and 15.4 million, respectively. “We’re thrilled with our outstanding results and record-breaking sales of iPhones, iPads and Macs,” said Tim Cook…
-
- 14 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
I discovered from a piece on the Huff Post this morning that two grandsons of President John Tyler (1841-1845) are still alive. Their grandfather was born the year that George Washington gave the first State of the Union speech (1790), and their father was born before the Civil War. They're younger than two living ex-Presidents, Bush I and Carter. What is unnerving is that they are even younger--87 and 83--than some of my friends, including one of my regular tennis partners!
-
This first one someone sent me first thing this morning. I thought it was cute. The second one I saw on Facebook and I LOVED THE MESSAGE.
-
it's enough to make me cry! I am so jealous of Ellen!
-
The co-CEOS of Research In Motion stepped down Sunday night amidst internal pressure to get out of the way. Jim Balsillie and Mike Lazaridis (founder)named Thorsten Heins, previously the company’s chief operating officer, as the company’s new CEO. Most people know RIM as the company that makes BlackBerry Smartphones. A one time leader of the pack RIM has continued to see its market share fall as quickly as its stock. The Canadian based company has made many mis-steps in its quest to regain its dominance in the mobile industry. Major failuers have included the continued release of outdated hardware and OS plus their entry into the tablet field with the BlackBerry PlayBo…
-
Academy Award nominations 2012 The nominees for the 2012 Academy Awards were announced on Tuesday morning, and as expected, films about films led the way. The "Artist," the silent, black and white tribute to old Hollywood earned a nod for Best Picture, for which, after a series of recent critics and guild award wins, it's considered the favorite. Writer/director Michel Hazanavicius received nominations for both Best Director and Best Original Screenplay. Jean Dujardin was handed a bid for Best Actor for his turn as George Valentin, a silent film star who refuses to move into the era of the talkies; he earned the Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Musical/Comedy earlier th…
-
- 9 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/25/blue-marble-2012-earth-image-nasa-photo_n_1232173.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009 this image is remarkable:
-
I simply wanted to introduce myself to the forum and say hello to everyone who's reading... My name is Spitlock; i've been lurking for the past two years, and as an avid reader of male4malescorts message boards, i thought it was time to register and take part in some good conversation. Thanks guys for making this forum an awesome place to share ideas and ideals... As always, feel free to drop me a line anytime you want~ whether it be to simply shoot the shit or discuss something in particular. I look foward getting to know you guys :-)
-
So my partner has given me a week off to go play somewhere in march/april, and I'm having fun with the shopping. Porto Alegre sounds wonderful for the boys and the meetup, but I'm still a working stiff, so I want full value for my vacation, which means other things to see and do during the days. I prefer history and culture, so was considering bangkok, since I love the food, and plenty of touristy things to do during the day, and I've only had two abortive short visits, though it will be hot. Rio might work, but I have no portuguese, and worry about navigating. Prague appeals, since I love belami style boys, and flights are a bit easier to arrange, but I was hoping …
-
.....As long as he agrees to stop posting. Not that I find "Expats" topics of interest, interests which I can not relate to or find an interest within myself, but, If I wanted to have a conversation with myself, I'd cancel my isp, directv,telephone service and 4g service and only rely upon my own front door to find a conversation with a stranger within. Cash for trash has created this so I don't feel so bad in suggesting that Expat should be named the winner of this contest ahead of time, so that these forums can return to what they once were, before this contest ever began. I mean, really, how much of anyone, can anyone here, really endure of anyone here? I'm just as…
-
- 20 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
An article in yesterday’s Guardian in the UK sheds some light on Tony Blair’s sudden rise to the ranks of Britain’s wealthy individuals. The former champion of greater eguality in British society controls, it seems, “a complex network of firms and partnerships”, and makes use a spider’s web of UK laws allowing him to limit what these must disclose – notably where the money came from. Blair’s total income from one company rose last year by more than 40% to more than £12 million. Of this, about £10 million came as a result of “management services”. http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2012/jan/07/blair-inc-rise-earnings And what do we know of Mr. Blair’s activit…
-
The New York Times has printed yet another list of places to see – this time The 45 Places to Visit in 2012. Why 45? Why not 50? No idea! Those closest to Thailand are - http://travel.nytimes.com/2012/01/08/travel/45-places-to-go-in-2012.html?pagewanted=1&ref=general&src=me There are a few paragraphs on the reasons for visiting each place. I guess for most locals and tourists, it’s the opening up of Myanmar that will be of greatest interest. For me, I hope to get to Lhasa later this year.
-
- 5 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Here is Adam Lambert performing on Ellen yesterday. He is really talented I think. I just wish radio would play him more often. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvV6eOHwhuQ
-
Photographer: Laurent LAVEDER I've seen lots of pictures like this but I really thought this was creative. Have you seen any like this you can share?
-
This is hysterical. I always knew there was sex in music. Now I know it's true.
-
Throwing red meat into a cage of hungry lions does not make for a better cage nor does it make for a healthier lion. What it does create is temporary chaos and an onslaught of even more uninteresting posts which ultimately will turn people away as opposed to attracting new participants. The cash rewards totaling $1500.00 (if my math is correct) would be better invested in a site makeover, new interface and more desirable features, which, not only attract new people and contributors, but also help to maintain a growing community. All you have here now is spaghetti being thrown against the wall to see what might stick to increase post count by the very same people who cou…
-
- 16 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
Movies The Darryl F. Zanuck Award for Outstanding Producer of Theatrical Motion Pictures "The Artist" - Producer: Thomas Langmann [WINNER] "Bridesmaids" - Producers: Judd Apatow, Barry Mendel, Clayton Townsend "The Descendants" - Producers: Jim Burke, Alexander Payne, Jim Taylor "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" - Producers: Ceán Chaffin, Scott Rudin "The Help" - Producers: Michael Barnathan, Chris Columbus, Brunson Green "Hugo" - Producers: Graham King, Martin Scorsese "The Ides Of March" - Producers: George Clooney, Grant Heslov, Brian Oliver "Midnight In Paris" - Producers: Letty Aronson, Stephen Tenenbaum "Moneyball" - Producers: Michael De Luca, Rachael Ho…
-
- 2 replies
- 584 views
-
-
I tested many dates and it worked great! Good deal. IMHO http://www.travelzoo.com/au/hotels/international/-105-Bangkok-Trendiest-5-Star-Hotel-w-Extras-Save-70-1168557/?utm_source=top20_au&utm_medium=email
-
- 6 replies
- 976 views
- 1 follower
-
-
http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/food/story/2012-01-23/starbucks-expands-wine-beer/52758052/1?csp=34money&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomMoney-TopStories+%28Money+-+Top+Stories%29 I think this is an interesting development that might cause all kinds of issues. I don't know about your part of the country but the drive thru lines at Starbuck's in California sometimes wrap around the block. Do you think they will offer beer or wine via the drive thru? I certainly hope not. I can't see why I would get wine or beer at a Starbuck's. It's a very strange addition to their menu if you ask me.
-
- 2 replies
- 573 views
-
-
The car in 'Psycho" is the same car (owned by Universal) that the Cleaver family drove on 'Leave It to Beaver.' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054215/trivia?tab=tr&item=tr0791465
-
Should pornophobia be cured? http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/intelligent-lust/201201/curing-pornophobia
-
The Trevor Project posted this image today and I really love it. I think this describes how we should live. .