Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Having lived in several parts of the world, I have maintained several bank accounts. Until recently, I've had little reason to complain about the services, even from banks involved in hefty government bailouts. That changed yesterday when I was in Hong Kong! First Citibank. Sure, this is a small point, but it’s indicative of the importance of the customer – or lack thereof. All I needed was the bank’s Swift Code. Not finding it on the internet, I called the customer hotline around noon. As always, I was prepared to wait a few minutes after getting through the automatic menus. Then I was surprised. Within 30 seconds, I actually heard a human voice. But it was only to t…

    • 14 replies
    • 2.4k views
  2. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8YhED4IgQA&feature=youtu.be

    • 4 replies
    • 784 views
  3. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    This is awesome. You send a email, selects various options that the reader can and cannot do .. set a self destruct time and kaboom its gone! Check it out guys by clicking here!

  4. Guest Hoover42
    Started by Guest Hoover42,

  5. There is a very good story on Tyler Clementi's Suicide from New Yorker magazine. It is very detailed and I think a balanced story of what appears to have happened to the gay Rutgers student and the webcam spying by his dorm mate. It is quite long but something I'd recommend you read: http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/02/06/120206fa_fact_parker?currentPage=all

    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
  6. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I'm not sure what they are advertising here? Does anyone have a clue? (Thanks townie for finding this.)

  7. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    There’s a piece in the UK’s Observer today about the ten most famous last lines in movies. Can you match these to their movie titles? 1. “I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.” 2. “I’ll go home and I’ll think of some way to get him back. After all, tomorrow is another day!” 3. “Well, nobody’s perfect!” 4. “Oh no, it wasn’t the airplanes, It was beauty that killed the beast.” 5. “The son of a bitch stole my watch!” 6. “Mother of mercy! Is this the end of Rico?” 7. “The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist. And like that – poof – he’s gone!” 8. “Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!” 9. “Forget it, Jake. It…

    • 21 replies
    • 2.9k views
  8. Expat, you are a great asset to the site and your posts are always enjoyable and thought provoking. You have now exceeded over 1,000 posts! Thank you for being such a great part of this site!

  9. Started by Lucky,

    "Lip-sync good" he advises her in advance of her performance at Sunday's national football game. The pop idol went on to advise: "Of course you have to play live but I don’t think you can.” No response from Madonna has yet been heard, but hopefully she will not lip-sync at this national moment of unity over a ball.

    • 2 replies
    • 676 views
  10. Started by BigK,

    He can change my oil any day! https://mail.google.com/mail/?tab=wm#inbox/1352e11d462541d5

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  11. Started by Lucky,

    A design has been chosen to set the work for the new AIDS Memorial Park in New York's Greenwich Village. "Infinite Forest" was chosen as the winning design. Infinite Forest Blogger Andy Towle writes: The competition was launched in November. Joining Michael Arad, the designer of the poignant and provocative 9/11 memorial in the footprint of the former World Trade Center, on the design jury were, among others, the architects Richard Meier and Elizabeth Diller; the landscape architect Ken Smith; the High Line’s co-founder and executive director, Robert Hammond; the choreographer Bill T. Jones; and the novelist and journalist Kurt Andersen. The park is to be built in NYC'…

    • 7 replies
    • 929 views
  12. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    As some of you may know, I lost my job some months back. I have been researching colleges/fields of study that I want to take with a Federal grant for displaced workers. I can tell you one thing..NO MORE COMPUTERS! I'm possibly thinking about getting into digital journalism. The scary thing will be how old I will be when I graduate from these programs! I also thought of taking a START YOUR OWN PORN SCHOOL degree but surprisingly there is little to no information on this stuff. I feel that I really could have a LOT to offer to this field It's such a shame with some of the talented people on the forum and nobody has tried to open a PORN ACADEMY college! Anyway I am sti…

  13. Started by Lucky,

    Having once, and hopefully never again, driven in a "tule fog" in Northern California, I can see how the lack of visibility that suddenly enveloped a Florida road led to the deaths of ten motorists who thought they would be home soon: Photographs of the scene taken hours later revealed an aftermath that resembled a Hollywood disaster movie. Twisted, burned-out vehicles were scattered across the pavement, with smoke still rising from the wreckage. Cars appeared to have smashed into the big rigs and, in one case, a motor home. Some cars were crushed beneath the heavier trucks. Reporters who were allowed to view the site saw bodies still inside a burned-out Grand Prix. On…

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  14. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Joan Rivers & team announced these as their top 3 worst dressed for last evening. And they picked Heather Morris from Glee as the worst dressed. Heather Morris from Glee (WORST DRESSED WINNER), Kristin Wig, and Shaley Woodley from "The Descendants"

    • 8 replies
    • 905 views
  15. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    I found this nifty online calculator. Basically you put in your income and it will give you the time it takes Mitt to earn what you do in a year. It also will let you know how many years it will take for you to earn what Mitt does in one year http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2012/01/romney_income_calculator_how_much_does_mitt_make_how_long_would_it_take_him_to_earn_your_salary_.html

  16. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/29/opinion/sunday/bruni-gay-wont-go-away-genetic-or-not.html?_r=1&ref=opinion# Cynthia Nixon created quite a firestorm last week when she said in the New York Times Magazine that she didn't consider herself straight or gay. She said 'she's been straight and gay and gay is better'. She also said that she won't be labeled bisexual either because no one likes that moniker. I suspect that she is truly bisexual and it's as simple as that. But this OP-ED is interesting discussion on the matter.

    • 2 replies
    • 656 views
  17. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I think everyone should take this to heart. . .

    • 0 replies
    • 490 views
  18. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    STARZ is working on a series that looks to be one to watch out for! It is called MAGIC CITY and here's the trailer. Think of it as if you took THE SOPRANOS and mixed in MAD MEN http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnXGW8QxTfk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

    • 1 reply
    • 613 views
  19. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Davey Wavey's message of the day - "Take it Off"

    • 4 replies
    • 926 views
  20. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    So you guys may think that I'm joking with this topic but I am not. I am seriously cold. Without saying why, I do live in a house and have heat and all that. It's just very cold in our state right now. SO with that thought in mind, let's say that I can't inch up the thermostat and can't use a space heater. I have an electric blanket though. BUT what other constructive ways would you give me to help me warm myself up? I am SERIOUSLY considering lighting my xbox 360 on fire, gcursor p.s. and i do wear a shirt with a hoodie over it around the house all the time. BRRR!

    • 7 replies
    • 987 views
  21. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    SAG 2012 Nominations announced today: The 18th annual SAG Awards will take place on Sunday, Jan. 29. The full list of nominees: MOTION PICTURE Outstanding Performance By A Cast In A Motion Picture Bridesmaids The Artist The Descendants The Help Midnight in Paris Outstanding Performance By A Male Actor In A Leading Role George Clooney, The Descendants Demian Bichir, A Better Life Leonardo DiCaprio, J. Edgar Jean Dujardin, The Artist Brad Pitt, Moneyball Outstanding Performance By A Female Actor In A Leading Role Michelle Williams, My Week With Marilyn Glenn Close, Albert Nobbs Viola Davis, The Help Meryl Streep, The Iron Lady Tilda Swinton, We Need to …

    • 7 replies
    • 963 views
  22. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Christina Aguilera at the Etta James funeral this past week singing "At Last". But it begs the question. . . Just because you can sing a note, must you?

    • 5 replies
    • 800 views
  23. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I thought this was hilarious

    • 0 replies
    • 489 views
  24. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    The world

    • 29 replies
    • 3.8k views
  25. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    I happened on to this ABC show last night. Its fun to watch ... I like that the money is real ... Marc Cuban is the most aggressive which most of us in Dallas already know So far two episodes this season which is its second season. I think a few of us should get together to propose a gay stud agency whatever that will be lol. Check it out online at abc.com

    • 3 replies
    • 729 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.