The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
One of my guilty pleasures starts back up next Thursday. Season 3 of "The Vampire Diaries" starts again on the CW. Love me some Ian. . .
-
- 8 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Digital wallets on your Smartphone http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/18/visa-digital-wallet/?ref=business I think this is the way of the future and for some it's already here. I made my first bank check deposit from my home office using my iPhone. The bank app just had me take a picture of the front and back of the check and with the check 21 legislation the image is now accepted via a digital image. No more driving to the bank for check deposits. I don't have many of those anyway but I think that is nice progress.
-
- 1 reply
- 701 views
-
-
-
You can read the w(hole) story here
-
Great billboard from Kenneth Cole.
-
American Idol is starting back this week.. which of the singing competitions is your favorite?
-
We have had two instances is as many weeks, more or less, bringing up old issues and perceived offenses that are part of the past and belong in the past. We are not here to hold on to the past when it comes to grudges and agendas. We are not here to relitigate the past. It is enough to deal with present day issues should they arise. If one has an old grudge or agenda it is best for your own cortisol levels to let it go. If you cannot then please take it elsewhere. We are a forward looking forum. WE HAVE MOVED ON!! We have freedom of expression within the rules of the forum. Agenda based abusive attacks are not tolerated. Making abusive posts over old issues/agenda…
-
Shit Twinks Say. . . Townie posted this on Facebook and said, "I don't get the appeal." And frankly I agree with him. I like twinks, but not this kind of twink.
-
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/01/sexual-favors-chicken-mcnuggets.html Sounds like quite a deal! Better than McDonald's usual promotions! Last night, Burbank police arrested a woman on suspicion of prostitution after she allegedly offered sexual favors to a man driving in a McDonald's drive-through. The alleged prostitue was seen opening customers’ car doors on the line, asking for free Chicken McNuggets in exchange for her services. One man declined the offer and immediately called the police. Gives new meaning to "I'm lovin' it"!!
-
- 1 reply
- 689 views
-
-
This is hilarious. Ellen applies makeup foundation to Sofia Vergara. Very funny.
-
- 1 reply
- 561 views
-
-
Have any of you see this film? Not sure if it is being shown in Thailand. All of the reviews I have read are very positive and recommend it. I did see it and was disappointed. For me it was emotional silliness. Although the young studs were cute and I don't mean the horses. Any comments? Any trying to attach two promotional posters, 5555
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
I got a call yesterday from Nielson to tell me they want me to keep track of my tv watching for one week. Since it happens to be during the Australian Open, when it is being broadcast almost 24 hours per day live or on tape, the recording process should be easy. If this data gets stored permanently on a cloud, some future archivist will assume that all I ever watched was ESPN and the Tennis Channel. They won't realize that I was also an HGTV addict.
-
Vampire (hottt vampire) living with a werewolf and a ghost. Anyone else watching this show on SyFy? It's a remake of the UK version. In this case the US version is soo much better than the UK version. I really think the actor playing the vampire is hot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfo7nufR57A
-
Has anyone else noticed the gay sexual innuendo of the Expedia commercial? The one I'm referring to is this guy is talking about how he earns reward points. It shows him with a series of blocks like on a plane getting hot towels, in a hotel ... at the end he says I get points for everything except traveling naked ... at which point a male voice can be heard whispering What a Shame. WOW
-
- 4 replies
- 876 views
-
-
Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie get the Best Dressed Award on the Red Carpet.
-
- 20 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
Here is Ricky's opening monologue from last night. I thought I'd start a thread on Ricky since it was mentioned before. He got mixed reviews from last night. I think they were hoping he would be more outrageous compared to last year. So either we are used to his comments or he toned it down a bit or a lot this year.
-
- 2 replies
- 653 views
-
-
This subject has been aired before on this Board, and each time it comes up I remain staggered at the numbers of people who actually dismiss scientific evidence outright and believe that man was created around 6,000 years ago. This CNN poll was actually taken back in May 2011 - so, why it only appears now on the website is somewhat baffling. In this day and age, when the utter vastness of our ever-expanding universe is a matter of fact, when Darwin
-
- 11 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
This nice little story has apparently been doing the rounds. I have attributed one source, but there seem to be many. The Greek Bailout Explained It is a slow day in a little Greek Village. The rain is beating down and the streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody lives on credit. On this particular day a rich German tourist is driving through the village, stops at the local hotel and lays a €100 note on the desk, telling the hotel owner he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs in order to pick one to spend the night. The owner gives him some keys and, as soon as the visitor has walked upstairs, the hotelier grabs the €100 note a…
-
The gay novel has taken it on the chin as gay people have increasingly become part of the mainstream. The Art of Fielding, by Chad Harbach, is not a gay novel, but what it is is a sign of how far we have come, for it has a strong gay subplot of young love, and no one seems to find that controversial. Well, maybe they do. Once I knew I was going to read the novel, I didn't read anything about it. I knew it was doing well on the charts, I knew it focused on a skilled young baseball player, Henry Skrimshander. Henry's relationship with the team's captain and catcher is rather homoerotic in itself, but no more so than many straight guys who play sports together in a close kn…
-
- 9 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Probably one of the most memorable and exciting football games I have witnessed in a very long time. Tebow V. the Patriots, on the other hand could never live up to this. Although the night is still young for the 3:16 phenomenon. I'm So happy for Jim Harbaugh and SFO!!!
-
Granted that the Golden Globes are of some interest - I remember when they were created by Pia Zadora's husband as an excuse to give her an award- there is other news, and even those away from the daily papers are noticing. Steve Jobs was lionized after his death, but now apple is revealing ways in which it mistreated it's foreign workers. Yet their phones are so in demand, thousands lined up at the opening of the Beijing store, only to be turned away when it was announced that the store wouldn't open that day after all. Apparently they didn't have enough phones and were afraid of rioting, which they got anyway. The Chinese still love their apples. 4 Marines pissed on T…
-
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204409004577156580920359946.html?mod=rss_opinion_main I have to admit, I'm hoping that he will go away too, but not for what he believes but for how people are using him for their own agenda. As I mentioned in another thread too many GOP hopefuls are using Tebow to cater to the right wing vote. Just like I tell my family members who have become evangelistic Christians, "I don't hate the religion, I dislike what people are doing in religion's name."
-
Movie Awards Best Actor, Drama: George Clooney, "The Descendants" Best Actress, Drama: Meryl Streep, "The Iron Lady" Best Actor, Musical or Comedy: Jean Dujardin, “The Artist” Best Director: Martin Scorsese, “Hugo.” Best Actress, Musical or Comedy: Michelle Williams, “My Week With Marilyn.” Best Supporting Actor: Christopher Plummer, “Beginners.” Best Supporting Actress: Octavia Spencer, “The Help.” Best Foreign Language Film: “A Separation.” Best Animated Film: “The Adventures of Tintin.” Best Screenplay: Woody Allen, “Midnight in Paris.” Best Original Score: Ludovic Bource, “The Artist.” Best Original Song: “Masterpiece” (music and lyrics by Madonna, Julie F…
-
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sag-aftra-merger-proposal-next-282303 This is big news in the Los Angeles area. Today, committees from both the American Federation of Television Artists (AFTRA) and Screen Actors Guild (SAG) reached an agreement proposal for a merger! Next, the proposal will go to both unions' boards of directors, and then members will vote on whether or not they approve! Here's what SAG president Ken Howard and AFTRA prez Roberta Reardon had to say about it in a statement: "What we have accomplished over the last year is tremendously gratifying. We are confident our members will agree that we have created something we can all be proud of – acto…
-
I am over the moon that Jessica Lange won Best Supporting Actress for a TV Drama for "American Horror Story". Her performance was beyond brilliant. I'm glad she thanked the writers because they certainly gave her a lot to work with. And with that I have to agree.