Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest tomcal
    Started by Guest tomcal,

    Titled "Gay Sex in the 70's" I found this documentary interesting, many video scenes as well as current interviews with some of the guys, primarily of NYC in the 70's. Here is the Netflix discription: This fascinating documentary tells the story of a pivotal era in gay history -- the 12 years between the landmark incident at Stonewall in 1969 and the first reported cases of AIDS in 1981, which marked a period of unparalleled growth for America's gay community, ushering in a new era of sexual frankness. This film tells the story through colorful scenes from 1970s erotic life, and candid interviews with the gay New Yorkers who experienced it. It is available for instant …

    • 0 replies
    • 709 views
  2. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Another long running soap opera ends this coming Friday (Jan 13) with series finale of "One Life To Live". Now I stopped watching this show over 30 years ago but I always got a kick out of this show when they tried to copy "Dallas" by having some oil barons and southern speaking actors taking charge of the patriarchy of the show. So I decided to tape last Friday's episode and all this week just to see how they end it. I was surprised to see so many characters on Friday in harms way either having a heart attack or getting shot by someone. And today they are being escorted by angels to either the heaven waiting room or Hell's waiting room by older characters / former ac…

    • 1 reply
    • 532 views
  3. Started by TotallyOz,

    This was a great game between LSU and Alabama with Alabama pulling out the victory! Roll Tide!

  4. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    http://www.queerty.com/the-last-chapter-a-look-at-lgbt-bookstores-around-the-world-20120106/ Because of iTunes/iBooks and Amazon/Kindle, the LGBT bookstore is about to be extinct. I always enjoyed going to these bookstores and they are leaving us quickly. The one on Santa Monica Boulevard next to Micky's closed last year and they are going fast. Sad really.

    • 5 replies
    • 955 views
  5. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    The state that brought you the "Don't Say Gay" bill is now saying it's OK to say "pervert" etc. I'm continually shocked by how off the wall some people are. It's truly sad. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michelangelo-signorile/dont-say-gay---but-sodomi_b_1186215.html

    • 3 replies
    • 714 views
  6. Started by Lucky,

    Has anyone taken an ED med called Staxyn? It melts on your tongue, so conceivable kissing your date could get him hard too. but it would also clog his nose and turn his face red. Oh, it doesn't work either. Truthfully, I hardly ever use this kind of stuff, but the melt on the tongue feature seemed nice. It wasn't!

    • 0 replies
    • 666 views
  7. Started by TampaYankee,

    Kelley Blue Book names top-10 used cars under $8,000 By Jonathan Welsh | The Wall Street Journal – Fri, Jan 6, 2012 7:34 PM EST With the average price of a new vehicle at more than $30,000, a growing number of car shoppers are turning to the used market. Indeed, used cars have gotten so popular that many models are hard to find. There have even been cases of used cars selling for more than new ones. But used-car buyers in general are looking for bargains by avoiding the depreciation that hits new cars in the first year or two of ownership. Often shoppers are working on tight budgets with a maximum price they are able to pay. Kelley Blue Book, which provides auto-ind…

  8. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    No disrespect meant to anyone, seriously. But the number of posting we are currently seeing are getting silly. There are so many new threads being created each day that get one or two replies, if any, and are just clutter. And in many cases the original poster breaks down his post in two instead of just one complete post. Many posts have little substance and carry little interest. For me its a bit of a turn off as I do not have the time or the patience to go through so many generic headline posts per day to participate. Maybe its just me who feels this way and if so I can deal with that. I mean not all my posts will receive an aware for content or grammar. But I have a…

    • 15 replies
    • 1.5k views
  9. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    .

  10. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    This picture was taken in Japan. . .

    • 2 replies
    • 677 views
  11. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Who would have thought that "The Devil Inside" would do so much business. It got horrible reviews. http://www.boxofficeguru.com/weekend20.htm

    • 3 replies
    • 666 views
  12. Started by Lucky,

    Desperate measures! In my almost sad, pathetic attempt to keep up in the posting contest, I have purchased an Ipad2. This means that I will now post every minute. Top that, EXPAT, Of course, I won't post unless I have something to say,,,won't I? Now I just have to figure out how to get the font large enough for me to see it!

    • 13 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I love following popular culture and watching how entertainment is shaping especially since I moved to Southern California. And of course TV and movie news is major news on TV here in SoCal unlike anywhere else in the world. Even Breaking News can be something relating to a movie filming or contract disputes in the entertainment business since it represents so much of the local economy. 1. So the first piece of news that I find interesting is the possible contract ending of Matt Lauer on the Today Show. Rumors have Ryan Seacrest as the first choice by NBC to take his place. And Matt has been talking to producers of "60 minutes" about joining that show. Ryan would b…

    • 14 replies
    • 868 views
  14. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    It's a New Year. Here is a 7-Step Process to Achieving Your Goals - by Alexandra Samuel - Harvard Business Review: http://s.hbr.org/zsGTKY I find these lists very interesting. Sometimes all you need is a little organization to get yourself organized for the new year.

    • 0 replies
    • 510 views
  15. Started by JKane,

    ...for some American network to air it (often diced up for commercials and edited for length or even *content*) months and months after it comes out? Grab a bittorrent client and go to EZTV!

    • 2 replies
    • 763 views
  16. Started by JKane,

    • 1 reply
    • 574 views
  17. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    As if we needed something else to discuss about Justin Bieber. But he just got a new tattoo of Jesus on his leg. I'm sure the right wing will all be buying his records from now on.

    • 2 replies
    • 647 views
  18. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    A much needed organization gets its leader (despite the Senate Republican blocking it). http://www.huffingtonpost.com/richard-cordray/standing-up-for-consumers_b_1184002.html

    • 16 replies
    • 1.6k views
  19. Started by Lucky,

    Formerly closeted airman Randy Phillips has taken to You Tube to help us all get in shape. Andy Towle says that Randy would someday like to open his own gym. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP_S2bc1r7E And here is the video that went nationwide as soldier Randy asked his father if he still loved him after coming out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hnrp73StWA

    • 6 replies
    • 913 views
  20. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    What’s the most expensive condom you ever bought? I used to like a brand made in Sweden named Mamba which I got in Hong Kong at around US$5 for ten. I note that the Japanese brand 003 Platinum at around US$12 for ten has been gaining in popularity recently because of its extreme thinness. But would you ever consider a designer-brand luxury condom? For whatever reason, I wonder? If you have such fantasies, then look up the Louis Vuitton website because LV has exactly what you are looking for – at US$68 a pop (that's for one - not ten)! Perhaps it’s more for the ladies who can just whip one out of their LV handbags at the appropriate moment. Or would gentlemen actua…

    • 0 replies
    • 896 views
  21. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    http://www.towleroad.com/2012/01/kristy-mcnichol-im-a-lesbian.html Not that I'm surprised. But she'll get her toaster later this week in the mail.

  22. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I really would love to know what the real story is behind this picture. But I'm sure the creativity of this group will be good to come up with something.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  23. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    This certainly doesn't match my view. . . http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/01/01/movies/awardsseason/20120101-oscar-picks-feature.html?src=me&ref=movies

    • 7 replies
    • 953 views
  24. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Gay fail in hotel room http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RHPg1q7DUg

    • 1 reply
    • 442 views
  25. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    There are warnings all over the news about the very high surf in Southern California today. This morning on the news they were interviewing the hottest twink surfers at Seal Beach. OMG, I almost got in my car and drove up there. Picture source: Los Angeles Times online

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.