The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
I'm happy that they have not given up on some justice for this young gay boy who was murdered because of who he was. Read the full article http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20116176-504083.html?tag=cbsnewsTwoColLowerPromoArea;fd.morenews
-
I just watched the "ASIAN F" episode for the second time through. I'm totally floored. I still can't believe what was on. After all, it is just an hour episodic show. From the finale, the Dreamgirls group number. Mike Chang dancing with his Mom, Ralph Malph looking like Red Buttons. Among all the serious crap from this week, a bit of fun with Hot Ginge Racism. Blaine and Kurt's near-kiss in the school corridor. The shock ending. The duet with Rachel and Mercedes from Fame. An enormous wow. I've read opinions where Glee jumped the shark last year. Not.
-
Well as some of you may or may not know, I am currently unemployed. However REJOICE for I will be opening a new business. Continue to read.... Do you ever find yourself arguing over meaningless things? Do you have trouble seeing the bright side of life? Are you tired of looking for answers? We can help you out at the HIGH HOPE ACADEMY. We specialize in showing people the sunny outlook in any situation! Our certified Optimism Consultants will work together with you to understand what is making your life miserable. Together we will design a plan that will put your life back on track! So call us today because happiness is only a phone call away Also be sure to ask us …
-
'Hung' Star Thomas Jane Admits He Turned Tricks With Men by Chris Harnick, posted Oct 3rd 2011 3:20PM Filed under: TV NewsCelebrities and Gossip 10468710144 Thomas Jane plays a male prostitute on the show 'Hung,' and it turns out he has some real-life experience in that arena. "Hey, you grow up as an artist in a big city, as James Dean said, you're going to have one arm tied behind your back if you don't accept people's sexual flavors," Jane told the Los Angeles Times. "You know, when I was a kid out here in L.A., I was homeless, I didn't have any money and I was living in my car. I was 18. I wasn't averse to going down to Santa Monica Boulevard and letting a guy b…
-
At least that has been my opinion all along. I don't think she got a fair trial and I think she was railroaded. This week, there have been lots of reports about the new trial. I hope the Italian judicial system is able to look beyond how crazy they look to the world and give justice to this girl.
-
- 26 replies
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Denmark has become the first country in the world to introduce a fat tax - a surcharge on foods that are high in saturated fat. Butter, milk, cheese, pizza, meat, oil and processed food will all be taxed if they contain more than 2.3 per cent saturated fat. Butter, for example, will cost around $1.50 more per kilo! Perhaps a good idea, but somehow I can't see it working! It you want a Big Mac or a candy bar, an extra few cents isn't going to stop you.
-
- 5 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Feel free to add your own captions... Mine follows: the manager of the West Hollywood McDonalds underestimated the popularity of their latest promotion--Buy a chicken sandwich, get a free boy toy
-
When things in your life seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a day are not enough, remember the golf balls and two glasses of wine. A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed it was. The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into open spaces between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was. The professor…
-
- 2 replies
- 712 views
-
-
It is almost like my puppy dying. I have spent so many nights at the Intercontinental Hotel over the last 10 years that tears almost came to my eyes. I have been trying to book dates for March and been unsuccessful for many days. Finally today, I called them and they said that the hotel is no longer part of the Intercontinental brand. Thus, my points can't be used in Any hotel in Rio. That really sucks as that is how I have stayed there during high season for years. I have never been successful using points at J.W. Marriott during Carnival but the Intercon always took care of me. A very sad Oz!
-
- 0 replies
- 655 views
- 1 follower
-
-
'Absolutely Fabulous' returns with Patsy and Edina by Tanner Stransky Ab Fab is back, darlings! As EW reported back in August, the cult British series is returning early next year on BBC America and Logo with a trio of new specials. But you don’t have to wait that long to reunite with the boozy Patsy (Joanna Lumley) and Edina (Jennifer Saunders): EW has the exclusive first look at how the fabulous duo are holding up in the new specials, which marks the first time they’ve reunited since the BBC America comedy Clatterford in 2006. As you might imagine, despite a teensy-weensy bit of age, Patsy and Edina haven’t changed much at all, as the two exclusive photos we’ve nabbe…
-
- 0 replies
- 1k views
-
-
Each time I hear the fan kick in high gear on my PC to handle the resources and heat of Flash I cringe. More and more sites are using HTML5 which does not use the resources Flash does but allows content to be streamed. I hope sites still using Flash make the switch as I believe HTML5 will be the future code for this active content. I think Apple actually has it right when it comes to the iPad and iPhone anyway. No flash and on my iPad is nice, nearly no ads and there has only been once that I can say I wish I had it in about 5 weeks now.
-
- 2 replies
- 888 views
-
-
Although I know that personality tests are highly generalized (much like horoscopes). I did a test earlier today that I thought NAILED on the head a bit of what I'm like. It says (in part) Kind, yearning, playful, you are The Boy Next Door. You’re looking for real Love, a lot like girls do. It might not be manly, but it’s sweet. Y On paper, most gay guys would name the Boy Next Door as their ideal mate. In the real world, however, you’re often passed over for more dangerous or masculine men. You’re the typical “nice guy:” without just a touch of cockiness, you’re doomed with boys. A shoulder to cry on? Okay, sure. But never a penis to hold. So the question is DO you go…
-
Absolutely loved this review of it! The Bromance of the Century Honestly, I really think the reason to watch Terra Nova is going to be the relationship between Jim Shannon and his new leader, Nathaniel Taylor. An hour into the pilot, they're already holding hands — see screencap at left. I honestly can't wait to see the shmoopy fanvids that people are going to make about the Nathaniel/Jim relationship. And what's great about it is, they both really are interesting characters who seem to have a healthy respect and distrust for each other. It's not just that they seem to throw sparks whenever they're together. But yes, there are lots of sparks — as soon as Jim arrives in…
-
- 10 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I love gadgets and I have had an IPhone in the past but switched to a Nokia as it has a great camera and HiDef video recorder. I think the IPhone 5 will come to and meet more expectations but I am not sure. I did see the new Samsung Note which looks fabulous! What phone do you use? Why?
-
- 15 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
While checking the special values earlier tonight on QVC and HSN I found Chef Gordon Ramsay has a cookware set for sale on QVC. Ironically, on HSN Chef Todd English also has a cookware set for sale. I am in need of a new set and think I will purchase Chef Ramsays. I am wondering whose would you guys buy? Ramsay - http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.tsv!.tpl.tsv.cm_scid.TSV English - http://www.hsn.com/todays-special_xh.aspx?cm_re=billboard1-_-$CampaignName$-_-background
-
- 10 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
I've been around this scene for the better part of a dozen years. In that time I have read hundreds of posters. It was easy to identify the region some of them resided in from their posts, for one reason or another. The vast majority remain unknown to me. That is no big deal as I don't really care where particular individuals live. However, it is a curiosity to me where most of our traffic and posters reside in the large. It is my impression during my tenure here that more regulars are West Coasters, although the South and Northeast and Midwest are represented as well as Europe. To feed my curiosity I have created a poll to find out where our concentration of particpan…
-
- 38 replies
- 5k views
-
-
It is apparent from the posts of some members what their position preference is for anal sex. Not everyone is so revealing though and others do not post at all. This poll is inspired by a post the Porn and Photos Forum, http://www.maleescortreview.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7846-the-way-to-a-gay-mans-heart/ which, as an aside to the scenery, speculates about whether there are more bottom than tops. I have included five categories. Where "Total" appears interpret this as 'Exlcusively'. If one doesn't engage in anal sex, then I have included entry 'Does Not Apply'. This poll is totally anonymous so please take a second to participate so that my idle curiosity may …
-
Have anyone tried this new cologne? It sounds so sexy? http://www.marineshop.net/browse.cfm/us-marine-corps-devil-dog-mens-cologne/4,10224.html
-
So, a gay kid committed suicide because he was bullied by kids at school. Then, at a school dance the bullies celebrated the fact they were able to get him to kill himself. "In an appearance on the Today show, Jamey's parents, Tracy and Tim, revealed that bullies were celebrating his death at a dance his sister attended. Tracy says: "She was having a great time, and all of a sudden a Lady Gaga song came on, and they all started chanting for Jamey, all his friends. Then the bullies that put him into this situation started chanting, ‘You're better off dead!' ‘We're glad you're dead!' and things like that. My daughter came home all upset. It was supposed to be a time …
-
- 5 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
If this doesn't break your hear with its bravery than you have no soul. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVAgz6iyK6A
-
- 11 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Canadian comic Rick Mercer does a pretty funny bit in this mock commercial. I hope it also gives you guys a smile as you begin your weekend.
-
Kjun12 posted a vdo about animals earlier. I noticed this hilarious clip alongside http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YvUSZ-Jajs&feature=channel_video_title It reminds me of a sequence in one of my favourite movies Victor Victoria with the late, great Robert Preston as a gay nightclub singer. The fun part comes about 3 minutes into this clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNcaWhWS-ew
-
-
It's unfortunate. http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/10461953-demi-moore-and-ashton-kutcher-splits-due-to-ashton-s-serial-cheating
-
- 6 replies
- 989 views
-
-
Just want to let you know that a new version of Firefox has been released, v7.0. I had been having problems with 6.0 and apparently others had been as well. So far the problems I had been having are no longer an issue.
-
- 5 replies
- 1k views
-