The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
So as of 12:01 AM, Sept. 20, 2011, DADT is is dead. I had to post something to memorialize the day. When I was young, it wasn't so much that I didn't believe I would live long enough to see this day as that I couldn't conceive a world where it was even thinkable. I have good reason to believe that my father (WWII marine, decorated, battle field promotion to sgt., refused to accept a battle field promotion to lieutenant) was gay. Don't know for sure because by the time I was mature enough to put all the clues together, he had died and I couldn't ask. I wish he had lived long enough to share this day with me.
-
- 13 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
Raleigh, NC has been voted the best city to live in. I love it here since I rarely get into a traffic jam to get to work and it's very quiet. I have lived in many big cities but nothing can beat anything this great city can offer. Of course it's not a popular place for gays and lesbians but other than that it's a great city. http://finance.yahoo.com/real-estate/article/113528/americas-best-cities-2011-businessweek
-
-
From tonite's episode, it appears that Sam (Chord Overstreet) is indeed gone from the show. The official storyline is that his father got a job out of state...I guess he could always come back, but I wouldn't hold my breath... Good news for the Darren Criss fans, his character, Blaine, has transferred to McKinley High so we will be seeing more of him this season..On a side note, one of the top four contestants for the Glee Project, Lindsey, had her first appearance tonite. She was one of the two contestants who got "consolation" prizes of two episode story lines.
-
I tried playing online a few times and it just did not feel right. I did not lose much maybe $120. but the way the cards fell was surreal. Thankfully a casino is opening near my city now in Cleveland. I love the slots and tired of driving to WV to play them. http://news.yahoo.com/u-calls-online-poker-global-ponzi-scheme-185228376.html
-
- 4 replies
- 1k views
-
-
-
I might actually look at this show now. http://www.afterelton.com/tv/2011/09/two-and-a-half-men-901
-
- 4 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
10 Best and Worst Restaurants in America By David Zinczenko with Matt Goulding Sep 13, 2011 A few years ago, it occurred to me that the restaurant industry felt no responsibility for the health of its patrons. The obesity rate was rising and people were eating out with increasing frequency, yet restaurants kept developing new and novel ways to inject more calories and sodium into everyday foods. They stuffed pizza crusts with molten cheese, hollowed out bread loaves to make bowls for cream-based soups, and amplified the size of their cheeseburgers to make space for more bacon, onion rings, and sugar-based sauces. I decided then that I'd do my small part as an author…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Scientists have discovered a type of squid where all the males are bisexual sluts. Really. http://gawker.com/5842316/entire-species-of-pervy-deep+sea-squid-comes-out-of-closet-as-bisexual
-
- 0 replies
- 621 views
-
-
Six million bellies are expected in Munich this year at the world's largest beer bonanza. The traditional beer fest kicked off this past weekend with its less traditional Gay Sunday under the Gay tent ... Gay Days at the Oktoberfest ... a couple dressed in traditional Lederhosen
-
For some reason black men are less likely to take their HIV meds than there white counterparts. Weird. http://www.365gay.com/news/091911-monday-watercooler/
-
- 2 replies
- 735 views
-
-
To be honest I do not quite get all of this but anything that helps find a treatment or cure for HIV is good in my book. The article is over here. http://news.yahoo.com/online-gamers-crack-aids-enzyme-puzzle-175427367.html
-
- 3 replies
- 838 views
-
-
Today I discovered my personal limit on what I am willing to see on the movie screen. As much as I like James Marsden, I left the movie after an hour. Gruesome is too generous a term for what they put on the screen. I didn't see the Peckinpah version, so I guess I only had a small idea of what I was in for.
-
- 11 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
Tristan, so hot and such a good dancer. Val, the same. Derek too. Was anyone else on the show? OH, Nancy grace, who will easily get the right wing vote. If Chaz lasts a week, I will be dumbfounded. What a circus he is. And that Carson guy. Is this what America sees as a gay man? What bugs me is that either Tristan, Val, or Derek could be gay and America will never know it until one of the closet guys has the guts to come out. Until then, Carson represents the gay community.
-
- 10 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
The last couple of summer, many young latino and other young guys have taken to wearing bright white socks with addidas slides in my area (NY). Since my loafer and white sock days in private school I've always liked the look of white socks; is that style anywhere else here or overseas?
-
- 14 replies
- 2k views
-
-
Though they are much less prevelant than in the 70's, in their heyday, I've been "drained" hundreds of times in adult theatres and porn shops in Manhattan since the late 70's. The Ann St bookstore, Hollwood Twin Cinemas on 8th Ave, Show World on 42nd and 8th, are problay the most frequent, but there were at least a dozen other spots in the Times Squeare area. If any of you met your protein requiremnest in that area from the late 70's to the late 90's, cool for me to think I may have been the donor.
-
- 6 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Yay for Peter Dinklage for his well deserved Emmy for his work on Game Of Thrones!
-
- 5 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
I guess I just had a very surprising thought. There was this period where I often went to the sauna here (which btw, had nothing to do with escorting). I even went there once with Christmas and I had not expected a lot of people there. Here's the first surprise, there were a nice amount of people there and the atmosphere was really pleasant, something like "everybody who can't have Christmas with his family, please be welcome here". Lately I'm not doing much with Christmas. This may be another surprise for some readers, but I noticed that if I don't do anything at all, I just love it. So here's the surprising combination of thoughts that just popped up in my mind. I …
-
I'm sure that the nude pic is fake, but it is a good fake. But he is really cute. I like period pieces on television although the reviews say that it is very violent. But I'm definitely going to sample the show. Meanwhile here is some images for your enjoyment:
-
I guess I do not need much a an excuse to mention him, as I feel he is so handsome. His birthday is as good as any reason to bring him up.
-
The 12 major league teams running out of fans By Michael B. Sauter, 247wallstreet.com Sports teams often go through sharp swings in popularity. Attendance rises and falls. This frequently has to do with how well a team performs. When teams do well, people outside of their primary fan base become interested and start going to games. An example of this is the Florida Marlins, who won the world series in 2003 and saw attendance rise 60 percent in a single year. Alternatively, teams who do poorly also win new fans. Attendance for the four major league sports – NBA, NFL, MLB and NHL – remained relatively flat from 2001 to 2010. The total fan increase for all NHL teams – th…
-
- 7 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Am I the only one in America who found this segment on the TV show Curb Your Enthusiasm offensive? EXPAT can bring the clips to you directly, but I am too lazy, I just give you a link to them! Offensive Young Actor This kid tries to act "gay" by doing a poor job of being effeminate. The perpetuation of this stereotype is supposed to be funny.
-
- 9 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
The House of Commons recently passed a law making it a crime to insult, harm, threaten or otherwise discriminate against people based on their religion. That's fine - but what's really amusing is the law also includes groups of people who are exempt from the law (i.e. you can insult or discriminate against them based on their religion. Here's the language from the new law: For the purposes of section 17A any group of persons holding the following religious beliefs or lack of religious belief shall not enjoy the protection of this part of the Act— </p> (a) Satanists; ( believers in human sacrifice to propitiate a deit…
-
- 14 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
towleroad has a video of LMAO's new video: I'm Sexy and I Know It. It did two things- made me laugh, and reminded me that I've always wished I had rhythm! Until EXPAT posts the video here, use this link to enjoy a funny and sexy 3 minute show: I'm Sexy and I Know It
-
The Reverend Jesus Silva has died at the age of 78. The NY Times reports: "Father Silva was still a seminarian in 1956 when he came to the aid of 15 boys who had been orphaned or abandoned and found refuge for them in his mother’s house. Inspired by the 1938 film “Boys Town,” which he had seen as a child, and by a distinctly Marxist interpretation of the Gospels, he established the Ciudad de los Muchachos, or Boys Town, on property outside Ourense purchased for him by his brother, a lawyer." In the 70's, the Spanish Boys Town circus toured the world, including above at St. Patrick's Cathedral in New York. More than 50,000 boys passed through Benposta, which served as a …
-
- 0 replies
- 762 views
-