Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    It's been a while ago since I watched this but I have the series on DVD. The acting in the series is excellent, lots of plot twists and I loved every minute of it! This was one of those series that I was so sad when I put in the last DVD! and the name of the series is.... (tune in tomorrow to find out)

  2. Started by xenophile,

    I guess it's a natural extension of the repeal of DADT, but they certainly don't waste any time...

    • 4 replies
    • 1.2k views
  3. Started by ihpguy,

    Here's a nice shot of my cutie pinoy, Darren Criss. I'm liking the happy trail. At the least, saves money on dental floss.

  4. There was a great New York Times article today on the Brazilian Economy. I have seen over the years that I have been traveling to Brazil the number of Brazilians traveling to the USA to shop keep increasing. Read this article. It is very interesting. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/09/world/americas/dilma-rousseff-and-brazil-face-stiff-economic-test.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

  5. Started by xenophile,

    Posted on Reddit, their best was "My favorite sport: Track and Feel"

  6. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    I have tried to post more than usual over the last few days.. trying to do my share and get some threads going..hopefully to get more people to participate.. But it seems like only a few "regular" posters respond/reply.. It gets really frustrating to take the time to come up with posts, find pics, etc and then have them just sit there..Even one of our most vocal posters, Lucky, seems to have disappeared lately. Is it from lack of participation???? I will make one last effort to get some interaction here. This is a topic I have been mulling over for awhile. Not asking for anything TOO personal, but share with the board a true fact about yourself that very few people know…

  7. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    I hate Sundays..they seem so much longer than Saturdays or the other days of the week. I know that it doesn't help that I sit inside all day BUT I do play videogames, watch movies, and read books. I'm reading the newest James Bond novel by Jeffrey Deaver (CARTE BLANCHE) For those of you who want to know, CARTE BLANCHE is French for F**K you! so what's everybody else doing today? gcursor

  8. Guest CharliePS
    Started by Guest CharliePS,

    Every pundit I read or heard last week confidently predicted a WS between the two best teams in baseball, the Phillies and Yankees. Today they will be covering their asses with the old bromide, "You never know what will happen in a short series." Instead, we have three winners from the traditional weaklings, the Central divisions, and the fourth from the anemic AL West. The media bosses must be cringing at the possibility of having to sell a WS between Milwaukee and Detroit: no big markets, no geographical diversity, and no-name players. Who will watch, especially if typical Upper Midwest autumn weather plays havoc with the schedule?

    • 15 replies
    • 1.4k views
  9. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    hmmm, I thought this would be understood. I was surprised to see this sign. . .

  10. Let me see if I got this right: Whoever the bottom-dwellers are behind ICM set up The International Foundation For Online Responsibility to act as a false front non-profit which acts as the required non-profit sponsering organization. ICANN, the organization that controls domain names, is harrassed, sued (&/or bribed) into awarding ICM the exclusive rights to .XXX. ICM proceeds to auction off the juciest site names and then blackmails the entire porn industry worldwide into registering with them to protect their brands, not to mention coyly advising folks like say IBM and Disney that they really need to register to prevent stuff like Disney.XXX from proliferating. …

  11. Started by RA1,

    He always did things "his way" and was a true rebel. I think many on this board are also "rebels" and do things "their way"; therefore perhaps some would like to remember Al Davis? I realize football is not everyone's forte. But, such is life. Best regards, RA1

    • 3 replies
    • 770 views
  12. Started by Lucky,

    A new website, www.subwaycrush.net, features photos of hot guys on the New York subway. Here's a sample from the Dailynews.com:

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    I'm just throwing this out there. At my last job, I worked with people from Argentina and Brazil..never met them though. However now that I have my iPad, I do SKYPE with those who make time for me. Sometimes we just sit and do our daily work but it's that we spend time together. So does anybody else do SKYPE with any of the other members or anything like that? Gcursor

    • 6 replies
    • 774 views
  14. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    Those who have been waiting for iPhone 5, will you wait another year or buy iPhone 4s?

  15. Started by TotallyOz,

    Not sure if anyone is watching Patrick Wilson in the new show A Gifted Man or not but I really like the show. Years ago, I saw Patrick before he was so famous in a Broadway show in which he bears his goods. I saw how truly gifted the man was and have had a crush every since. I wish he would offer me a gift or two, but in the meantime, I'll settle for just watching him act.

  16. Started by Lucky,

    I was going to add this to the thread I started on 50/50, but it seemed odd to hijack my own thread, so here it is. My apologies if I have created too many threads lately: Kenneth, over at kennethinthe212.com, gives an opinion on seeing the gay movie Weekend. But I was taken with his comments on some of the other patrons as I had two of the other 4 people in the theater with me at 50/50 busy on their phones during the movie: Within seconds, it became obvious these two guys behind us were going to be "a problem" (that one of them had his legs folded in such a way that his FOOT was completely between our seats was our first clue), so we said fuck it and sat all the way ne…

  17. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    OKay....thoughts on this story? My link

    • 1 reply
    • 702 views
  18. Started by Lucky,

    In the huge auditorium where I saw the movie 50/50, there were 5 people, thus the party of five. I paid the senior rate of $7, but my movie loyalty card got me a free popcorn, which, if you believe the theater, is a $6 value. The movie has five main characters,so it too is a party of five. Cancer movies usually are parties, right? Melodramatic music, a lovable guy dying with his loyal wife at his side, thinking all the way that he can beat this, until he can't. Well, that's not 50/50. For one, the girl is out of it almost right away. After all, we can't have a girl who cheats on a cancer patient, can we? But if you are thinking that this might be your typical cancer mov…

  19. Started by Lucky,

    The need to pee when there is no toilet is a human condition known to almost everyone. Leave it to the Dutch to find a way to unplug the leak: AMSTERDAM (AP) — The Dutch national railway has an unusual solution for passengers who need the bathroom on a train line designed without them: plastic bags. The rail operator underlined that the bags, introduced Friday, are for use in emergencies only, when a train has stopped and passengers can't be evacuated. The idea has been met with incredulity by politicians and the general public already unhappy with the short-haul "Sprinter" trains' bathroomless design. NS spokesman Eric Trinthamer confirmed Friday the "pee-bag" plan is…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  20. Started by ihpguy,

    Michael Ausiello at TVLine reports on a new gay Dalton Warbler set to topple Blaine and Kurt's romance: Both Fox and the show’s producers declined to comment, but the buzz is that Sebastian is the polar opposite of Kurt in every possible way. He’s more like the male version of Santana in that he’s both promiscuous and kinda-sorta scheming. “He’s our villain this season,” an insider tells me. “It’s a major role.” Grant Gustin, who came from Broadway's West Side Story, is expected to debut in episode five.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  21. Started by Lucky,

    The NY Times today takes a look at marijuana vaporizers. Are they just a novelty item, or a new way to ingest marijuana without all of the smoke? If you cough and hack after taking a hit, this may be for you...if you can afford one! From the Times: Besides the novelty, advocates say that using vaporizers is healthier than inhaling smoke. “Vaporized marijuana is virtually free of whatever toxic properties come with burning the plant,” said Dr. Lester Grinspoon, an associate professor emeritus of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. The benefits of vaporization are not limited to health, added Dr. Grinspoon, who said that he owns a high-tech vaporizer called a Volcano, a…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
  22. Guest StevenDraker
    Started by Guest StevenDraker,

    Guys, I just signed up for the next year's AIDS Life Cycle 2012. I'm looking forward to the challenge and contributing again for this great cause. Next year I'll be riding for the profit of the San Francisco AIDS Foundation. Donation page: http://www.tofighthiv.org/goto/draker Steven ~

    • 1 reply
    • 593 views
  23. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I enjoy reading this blog "AfterElton". Today they published their view of the new Fall TV schedule from a gay perspective. Very good reading. http://www.afterelton.com/tv/2011/08/fall-tv-guide I'm looking forward to "The Playboy Club" and "PanAm". I will also sample the remake of "Charlie's Angels".

  24. Started by Lucky,

    Does it matter how footballer Tom Brady wears his hair? The NY Times today takes a look at the various styles he has worn: More: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/06/fashion/tom-brady-cuts-his-hair-why.html?ref=style

    • 0 replies
    • 671 views
  25. Guest JamesIvory
    Started by Guest JamesIvory,

    Originally in response to a post about the Galaxy Tab but I did not want to ruin that thread. Apple and Samsung are at war. But not so much because the Galaxy Tab is a threat to iPad sales more so due to patent infringements. On that note In the NY Times technology section there was a brief article that Vodaphone might purchase BlackBerry. Again not so much so because BlackBerry is such a great selling product anymore but they own a trillion or so patents. As an example on each Android device that is sold Microsoft earns $15. or so as holder of several patents they own used by the folks at Google. Lastly this is why Google purchased Motorola Mobile for the patents t…

    • 0 replies
    • 651 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.