Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Started by Lucky,

    A gay geriatrician speaks on the subject of gays getting older in an opinion piece in today's NY Times: Gray and Gay

    • 0 replies
    • 829 views
  2. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    I recall a discussion on one of the Boards a few month ago about some posters who choose not wear helmets when riding motor bikes, even though they are aware of the risks and would cover the costs of any damage of any nature in the event of an accident. Something in the news this morning brought this back to me. Ten or so years ago when the great tenor Luciano Pavarotti decided to conclude his operatic career, he chose New York's Metropolitan Opera for his final performance. Come the day, as had often happened in the past, he called in sick. So the gala audience who had coughed up ten times the normal price for tickets were left with a substitute tenor. When the anno…

    • 14 replies
    • 2.9k views
  3. Started by Rogie,

    I've already referred to an article in Britain's Guardian newspaper (that appeared yesterday, Sunday) in the Forget Bachmann! Where's Obama thread. Here, the author of that article extrapolates from political turmoil into the world of business and banking: Darling's memoir shows the danger of big-man politics http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/sep/04/dangers-big-man-politics-business It is a fair assumption the vast majority of these 'scary bullies' are male. This ties in with another theory recently the subject of a book: Male domination of City gives rise to 'risky and irrational' behaviour http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politic…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.4k views
  4. Started by TownsendPLocke,

    I found this blog post when doing some research. Look at the photo from Kimo's -I knew all of those boys-only one of them in the biblical sense however! http://www.outhistory.org/wiki/A_Polk_Street_Sex_Work_Economy I think these were the sort of fellas I was hoping to find in Prague-but rechercher pour les temp passe is a poor plan-as it was in this case

    • 12 replies
    • 1.7k views
  5. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Ashton Kutcher started off Ellen DeGeneres' new season with a naked visit:

  6. Started by TownsendPLocke,

    So many of them have brightened up many a night in WeHo for me http://gaywesthollywood.com/2011/09/10/dancer-appreciation-day-passed-west-hollywood-city-council/

  7. Started by Rogie,

    Sorry, duplicated post. Please remove.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. Started by Lucky,

    The NY Times today reports on an internet hacker, apparently from Iran, whose hacking skills seem to surpass those of others I have read about. He has been able to change the security certificates of websites, thus allowing himself to take over, for example, Google in Iran. This would then allow him to eavesdrop on every Gmail communication, denying privacy to those who might oppose the government and be organizing against it through Gmail messages. Granted, I am the last person who understands what this guy is capable of doing, so I invite Oz, TY, or other computer whizzes to read the article and tell us what I am missing, or getting wrong. One thing I am sure of: The …

  9. Started by Lucky,

    It seems like only yesterday we were bitching about Firefox 4.0. I upgraded to that and they took away my Google search bar, claiming it was incompatible with the new version. I don't remember 5.0, but now they want me to upgrade to 6.0. This time it is my AVG program they want to get rid of. So, I hit the "submit feedback" button to tell them what I thought. I dutifully listed my complaint and hit the submit button, but that did nothing. Apparently you can't really submit feedback.

  10. Started by Lucky,

    One of the hottest and handsomest players in baseball will be pitching against the Yankees on Sunday, so check your local listings. I get Extra Innings on cable, which gives me 80 games a week, and, of course, I watch the Yankees nearly every day. But Jeremy Hellickson is a dreamboat. Beautiful twinky look with ruby red lips, I hope he last a good 8 innings before the Yankees cream him! I couldn't find a single pic on the internet of him with a smile on his face.

  11. Started by MsGuy,

    Anybody else hooked on Breaking Bad, the cable show about the meth business? Yeah, I know it's brutal and dark and there's no cute kids high-kicking across the stage, but I can't turn the channel while it's on.

  12. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    A boy in Brazil dies after masturbating 42 times in a row. WTF?? Seriously???? WTF? http://hiphopwired.com/2011/09/04/boy-dies-after-masturbating-42-times-in-one-night-30097/

  13. Just curious to see what tech company, other than MER, has had the most impact on the world in the last 10 years?

  14. Started by Lucky,

    I Googled BiBottom Boy, and what I came up with is a video of him being spanked naked! See if this link works for you: BiBottom Boy Naked and Spanked

  15. Started by Lucky,

    Spending too long in the bathroom on a 9-11 flight could mean that fighter jets will be dispatched to scare the shit out of you, authorities reported today: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/09/11/international/i134733D24.DTL&tsp=1

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  16. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    I don't know how many people remember this but for two months after 9/11 a bunch of songs were banned from American radio airplay. I did a little Googling and found the list. It's sort of interesting in retrospect. Alice In Chains, "Rooster" Alice In Chains, "Sea of Sorrow" Alice In Chains, "Down in a Hole" Alice In Chains, "Them Bones" Beastie Boys, "Sure Shot" Beastie Boys, "Sabotage" The Cult, "Fire Woman" Everclear, "Santa Monica (Watch the World Die)" Filter, Hey Man, "Nice Shot" Foo Fighters, "Learn to Fly" Savage Garden, "Crash and Burn" Dave Matthews Band, "Crash Into Me" Bangles, "Walk Like an Egyptian" Pretenders, "My City Was Gone" Alanis Moriss…

  17. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    Three men executed for having gay sex. http://gawker.com/5837835/iran-hangs-three-men-for-having-gay-sex

  18. Schweddy Balls Ice Cream: Taste-Testing The Newest Ben & Jerry's Flavor Ice cream and SNL enthusiasts were atwitter yesterday with the news that Ben & Jerry's was releasing Schweddy Balls ice cream. HuffPost Food just couldn't resist those schweddy balls, so we got our hands on a pint (okay, four actually). The flavor is a vanilla base with two kinds of balls: chocolate covered rum balls and chocolate covered milk balls. Molly Shannon may have told Pete Schweddy that he had some beautiful balls, but our taste testers were decidedly more mixed: "Disappointed for all the hype." "Disappointing. Essentially just vanilla ice cream with some Whoppers in it. Not …

  19. I cannot believe this shit still happens in 2011. http://jezebel.com/5838437/school-kicks-out-teen-for-being-gay

  20. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    How fucking awesome was that shit? Best series finale of anything I've seen in a while.

  21. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    I like logos. A clean-lined, crisp and evocative logo can greatly enhance whatever company or individual is using it. Today, I came across one in BK magazine that was simply downright confusing. I was sure it must be trying to be clever by making it look like stylised Thai characters - or even Chinese ones. It was only when I looked at the rest of the ad that I realised what it is. Confusing logos just defeat their purpose, if you ask me!

    • 7 replies
    • 2.4k views
  22. Guest JamesIvory
    Started by Guest JamesIvory,

    Not sure why I cannot post the actual video here but this is a short funny clip.

    • 1 reply
    • 603 views
  23. Started by TampaYankee,

    Five Guys, Subway Top In-N-Out, Taco Bell In Zagat's Fast Food Survey Zagat recently polled 6,064 people for its annual Fast Food Survey, in categories ranging from best coffee (Starbucks) to best salad (Panera). Among chains with up to 5,000 locations, Five Guys was deemed the most popular (which perhaps comes as no surprise), followed by Panera, Chipotle, Chick-fil-A and in fifth place, In-N-Out. Last year, Five Guys also took top prize, though In-N-Out was the victor in 2009. Five Guys was not only the most popular chain; it also dominated the best burger category, putting In-N-Out in second place and McDonald's in fifth. McDonald's did, however, rank highest in va…

  24. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    Cut or uncut?

  25. Started by Lucky,

    1.4 million San Diego customers are without power, and the outage has now spread to areas east of Palm Springs, where temperatures are 109. The cause is unknown, but the gridlock is massive. From mydesert.com: A massive power outage spread across Southern California, parts of Arizona and into Mexico today, leaving millions in the dark. The outage, which began at 3:30 p.m., has affected Imperial Irrigation District and San Diego Gas and Electric customers, which together span Imperial, Orange, Riverside and San Diego counties. Most of the eastern Coachella Valley — including Bermuda Dunes, Coachella, Indio, La Quinta, Palm Desert and Thousand Palms — has also been affe…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.