The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
Being a theater queen, but not a die-hard one, I DVR's the Tony show so that I could skip the commercials and the award speeches. Half-way through we gave it up for the night. What a bore so far. The Harris-Jackman number was a waste of time. Does it get better? I hear the last number is good.
-
- 7 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
GENEVA — The United Nations endorsed the rights of gay, lesbian and transgender people for the first time ever Friday, passing a resolution hailed as historic by the U.S. and other backers and decried by African and Muslim countries. The declaration was cautiously worded, expressing "grave concern" about abuses because of sexual orientation and commissioning a global report on discrimination against gays. But activists called it an important shift on an issue that has divided the global body for decades, and they credited the Obama administration's push for gay rights at home and abroad. "This represents a historic moment to highlight the human rights abuses and violat…
-
- 2 replies
- 829 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Clarence Clemons succumbed to his stroke today. he will be missed. His last music venture was Lady Gaga's "The Edge of Glory" and he even appears in her video that was released on Thursday.
-
- 2 replies
- 789 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Anyone else noticing that escorts and massage therapists are wearing a cross during their sessions? Usually a wooden cross hung from a lanyard, or a metalic cross from a gold chain. What is the purpose of this: political / religious / fashion ????
-
-
- 2 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Yesterday, the UN Human Rights Council passed an historic resolution that seeks equal rights for everyone
-
Should I receive the new job I have applied for, I will not have time to post much here as I will be in China for a great deal of the time. You know the internet there- it will probably censor this site. But, I have applied for the job of physician to the elite military troops of China, mainly doing physical exams and check-ups for VD. My success at getting the job hinges on China not knowing that a J.D. degree is not really a medical degree. If I can put this past them, I could soon be seeing naked, athletic, highly trained Chinese killers! If his doesn't work out, I understand the Thai military has a similar opening... Thai soldiers waiting to be examined:
-
Prominent poster Lookin has lost his privilege to blow up photos of escorts on their profiles, and there is quite a back-up now lined up for him to blow: Come on, let's get Lookin back to his blow up privileges!
-
- 2 replies
- 797 views
-
-
It was 40 years ago today that the country's president, Richard M. Nixon, declared the wildly successful war on drugs. Today drug use is virtually nonexistent. No longer do thugs hang out on street corners peddling their evil wares, and no longer are pot heads walking free. The war, which has cost the country only about 75 billion dollars annually, could be declared over any day now by President Obama. In fact, he no longer even uses the term "war on drugs." 11% of California's budget now goes to prisons, compared to 7.5% to schools, yet the increased expenses have brought peace to Mexico as the drug cartels found the markets dried up here in the US. A drug-free rally…
-
Heard this "clean" joke today - so seldom get to hear one i can use in polite society Two men were out walking with their digs. One had a German Shepherd, the other a Chihuahua. They happened to meet and decided they should have lunch together. But one of them said "What about our dogs they don't allow them in restaurants" "Just watch me and follow what I do" He then proceeded to put on a pair of dark glasses and take his German Shepherd into the restaurant. The manager stopped him at the door and told him no dogs were allowed. The man then said he was blind and this was his seeing-eye dog. The manager immediately seated him. The second guy, seeing the success his f…
-
The Wall Street Journal reports that some Thais are not happy about the way the movie depicts Bangkok in Hangover part 2. Others think it will draw tourists to the country, so, so what? The movie does focus on the seedier side of the place. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304778304576375642659396916.html?mod=WSJ_LifeStyle_Lifestyle_5
-
- 4 replies
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V2G0fyQgck&feature=share
-
- 0 replies
- 621 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Every once in a while I will get lucky and have the chance to meet with an escort traveling through town who just wants to have a nice dinner with someone who knows his world. It's a pressure free way to get to know escorts. Tonight the bf and I were flattered that Chicago-based escort Dane Scott chose to spend one of his last nights in town having dinner with us. I can't meet folks off the board and then talk about what we said in private, but this one is particularly easy because Dane is not a gossip, and we hardly talked about the boards or the personalities. Instead we talked travel. We had seen some of the same places, but had different experiences there, so it was …
-
- 3 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Ah, the NY Times, covering the topics men need to know. Today's style section tells us that baby powder has grown up. Without ever mentioning the words "genitals" or "crotch" the Times tells us that newer powders are the way to go. After all, who wouldn't want citrus odors emanating from their penis? The article says that powders for men were once "marketed obliquely." Now, in their oblique article, they tell us of all the new smells we can place "down there." Now, in fairness, they do use the words groin and scrotum, telling us that these areas are particularly susceptible to "irritations, friction, fungal infections, eczema, and may be quite odoriferous (Stinky!) due …
-
- 3 replies
- 1k views
-
-
My son's a homosexual, and I love him. I love my dead gay son.
-
- 31 replies
- 4.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
In a few short weeks I will be out of a job due to a job elimination. Although I am dissapointed because I enjoyed my job, in some ways I'm kind of looking forward to the time off. I am 50 years old and with 20+ years with my company will be getting a nice severance, collecting unemployment and also have a small part time job lined up so from a financial perspective I should be okay. Right now I am thinking of just enjoying my time off for about 9 to 12 months and not jump back into the corporate world immediately. I'm sure others have been in this situation? What did you do? Any advice you can offer? How did you spend your time off? Would you not recommend taking…
-
- 10 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Welcome to the boards, Mr. Samfitzpatrick. I see that you registered a few days ago and are currently logged in. Is there anything that your fellows on this board can do to help make your experience here better? Would you like to start posting? We'd be glad to have you join in the conversation. Feel free to send any questions to me, or ask them right here. Again, welcome!
-
I think he won't have a music career with this mess, but it is funny to watch. . .
-
We all have Bucket Lists - lists of places we would love to go to before we kick said bucket. What countries are on your list? For me, it's New Zealand and Norway.
-
- 13 replies
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Why do so many people put ads up on Craigslist or backpage, etc., but then they never reply when you respond to their ad? It seems harder and harder to find anything worthwhile (here in Phoenix anyway) from the ads on these two places. I have responded to three different ads in 24 hours, not one replied back.. And yes, I fit the "criteria" posted in each ad... Just my gripe for the day
-
- 6 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
This is the first trailer I have seen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUKL0Ne4S0M&feature=player_embedded#at=38
-
- 1 reply
- 666 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Our poster friend Lookin has a signature on his posts that reads- it's a quote: 'If anyone objects to any statement I make, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever made it.' - Tom Lehrer Now, today's Washington Post provides some scientific proof that it is indeed possible that he never did make it. It could, conceivably and under certain conditions, have been made by the bugs within- yes, by that I do mean the microbes and bacteria and viruses that live in his very body. At the time of the post, the Lookin that existed then might have meant what he wrote. But then, the microbes and their friends may have moved on to a new ho…
-
- 6 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Kathryn Tucker Windham was one of my favorite authors when I was a child. She wrote a great book 13 Alabama Ghosts and Jeffrey that dealt with the ghost that lived in her house with her. It was my first book that I remember that I read over and over and over again. She was a journalist and reporter. She lived to be 93. Farewell Ms Windham. May you rest in peace! http://www.npr.org/2011/06/13/137155004/alabama-storyteller-kathryn-tucker-windham-dies
-
- 7 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
perhaps this will speed your recovery=so you can get back to MJ's! http://www.afterelton.com/page/briefsguy-06-08-2011
-
- 18 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Have you seen any good movies lately? Are you eagerly anticipating any arrivals? Tell us about them? Likewise, is there any movie that you were really looking forward to, only to be let down once you saw it? I will start with a good one I just watched--500 days of Summer. It was a quirky story of love and life..starring the cute Joseph Gordon Levitt. I would give it two snaps up (in a Z formation).
-
- 11 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-