The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
Wonder if any of them are gay? http://www.afterelton.com/people/39-hottest-guys-in-theater?page=0%2C0
-
- 6 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I began taking "adult" vacations to Montreal in 2004. It was a year or so after the big raid on Taboo. According to most, the Village has been in a downward spiral ever since. I first visited Rio in 2008. Now, according to the same sources, Rio and the sauna has deteriorated in the last few years. I had hpoed to visit Amsterdam a few years ago, but then 9/11 happened and overseas travel wasn't a great idea at the time.. I hope to make it to Europe or Asia before the end of the year. Am I in for the quick and sudden demise of more of this boards "favorite" places? Was i born ( or just start traveling abroad) a decade too late??
-
- 1 reply
- 847 views
-
-
The LA Times lists all the local homicides, along with a convenient map showing the location where the body was found. Most of the deaths are young black or Latino men. http://projects.latimes.com/homicide-report/ But, the Times is also vigilant in listing the deaths of local men fighting for their country in our overseas wars for freedom. Would a young black or Latino man be more likely to die at home, or at war? I'll bet the odds are even. Sad as well are the guys who come home severely maimed. In this collection of 8 photos showing guys being rehabilitated, such as it is, only one appears to be white: http://framework.latimes.com/2011/06/03/caring-for-grievously…
-
- 0 replies
- 701 views
-
-
When I was 16, I went for the obligatory eye checkup, and came home with a brand new pair of eyeglasses, which,in various guises, I wore for the next 47 years. I even got bifocals at the appropriate point, you know, the ones with the lines that cannot be seen? Then Lenscrafters entered my life two years ago. Feeling the financial pinch, I decided to get cheaper glasses, and boy, am I glad that I did. I got a pair of bifocals from them, and my vision took on a new life. It seems that when I went to read with the new glasses, I couldn't. I had to take them off to read. So I asked the eye doc to take a look at them and see if they were the right prescription. They were, he …
-
- 3 replies
- 996 views
-
-
From today's mydesert.com: Kohler's new Numi toilet, a marvel of both engineering and conspicuous consumption — or in this case, conspicuous elimination. This is no mere utilitarian commode. This is voidance elevated to art. It warms you. It cleanses you. It plays music for you, because from what I gather from the promotional materials, you're going to want to settle in and stay awhile. Just working through the remote-control options ought to take you through about half of “Dark Side of the Moon.” And it can be yours for just $6,390. The Numi doesn't even look like a toilet. It has a squarish, sophisticated shape (check it out at http://www.kohler.com/numi). It's wh…
-
What a group are we. A man is a leader in his profession, an advocate for sick and elderly around the world, and his death merits less attention here than a Betty Boop outtake. Years from now Dr. Jack Kevorkian will be seen as a pioneer on the concept of choosing to die on one's own terms. Leading a movement mostly by himself, he foundered at times and might have used the help of a Hollywood PR artist, but his concept was sound. Why let pain and disease ruin the the last days of your life? Why become a burden to those who love you because science has a machine that can keep your heart ticking?
-
- 5 replies
- 1k views
-
-
For all of the TV watchers here, sad news indeed. James Arness, gunslinger and sheriff, has died. Arness, who never was able to ride a horse, was the sheriff of Dodge City, along with his sidekick, Chester (Dennis Weaver.) In addition to playing the sheriff for 20 ears, Arness made some 50 films, mostly westerns. Why there was hardly a day when a western wasn't popular on TV back in the day. Arness was the older brother of Peter Graves, who starred for years on the TV show Mission Impossible and appeared in many movies himself,including the Airplane movies. The younger brother died in March, 2010, so it shows that the mission was impossible- you had to be a sheriff!
-
- 3 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
-
Dude busted for jerking off on a United flight. http://gawker.com/5804921/man-arrested-for-masturbating-on-united-flight
-
- 16 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
The new TNT series Franklin and Bash had a scene were Mark got out of the hot tub naked. This guy has one amazing ass! I thought I saw something slinging between the knees as well but I'll have to watch the series premiere one more time to be sure! What the clip here: http://jezebel.com/5807852/whats-with-franklin--bashs-sexist-vibe Forget the horrible reviews, the bad acting, etc. This show has his ass in all hits glory!
-
- 5 replies
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Yes Bob Patrick is a real fella-and yes I have seen him nekkid. http://tosh.comedycentral.com/video-clips/sensitive-nips
-
I was going to post this in the politics forum then I decided it was really more about a sex scandal than politics so it has ended up here. John Edwards - douche-bag supreme has been indicted. But will he end up in jail? My guess would be NO. He'll cop a plea deal that will see him disbarred. His political career is kaput - so if he can't practice law, what's left for him? He could write a book - enough people are stupid enough to buy anything - or he could star in his own reality show on Fox TV. Or he could just shoot himself.
-
Judge agrees that a gay softball league can regulate how many gays are on each team. The case came up because a team came in second place in the league, but then it was discovered that three of the players were bisexual and not gay. The team argued that because all three players regularly had gay sex that they were eligible to play. The judge ruled that as long as they deal with pussy from time to time the league could nullify their victory for not being real gay players. How the fuck is a team supposed to ensure that their players never, ever taste the tuna tunnel is beyond me. http://gawker.com/5808143/judge-rules-gay-softball-league-must-be-filled-with-100-penis+…
-
- 4 replies
- 933 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Interesting budget hotel chain in London and the Far East. Deal is you pay one low price for a room - but all that gets you is a bed. If you want towels, or air conditioning or for your room to be cleaned or a window you pay extra. http://www.tunehotels.com/
-
- 1 reply
- 749 views
-
-
When you next have an airline meal put in front of you – should you happen to have paid for a ticket which actually entitles you to any food whatever – the new rule on Delta is: look carefully before you eat. At least one Delta aircraft has carrying quite a number of non-paying passengers. http://edition.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/04/20/delta.plane.rodent.droppings/index.html?hpt=Sbin An isolated incident? Do I hear spin? Ugghhhh!
-
This is like the Internet gone mad. First, The Onion does a joke article claiming Planned Parenthood is opening a $8 billion "Abortionplex" that will include family friendly restaurants, a theme park and a shopping mall. http://www.theonion.com/articles/planned-parenthood-opens-8-billion-abortionplex,20476/ Members of the Christian Right then believe the story is real and go nuts on Facebook. http://literallyunbelievable.org/ Someone then gets the idea to put the Abortionplex on Yelp for people to review. http://www.yelp.com/biz/abortionplex-topeka?rpp=40&sort_by=date_desc The reviews are insane and include such gems as: "Worst place to meet gay singles ever…
-
- 0 replies
- 703 views
-
-
Here is the first Zombie-proof home. hmmmm http://all-that-is-interesting.com/post/4956385434/the-first-zombie-proof-house
-
- 1 reply
- 682 views
-
-
SPG(Sheraton/Westin/W's etc,,,) Is running a pretty good promo for those of you that like to stay in nice resort places(RIO and Thailand come to mind)but do not like to pay too much. For every three stays at any Starwood property you get one night free at a resort property. You can stay at any cheap sheraton four points 3 times(one night stays are fine-just not consecuative nights)and get a free night at a really nice hotel that would cost twice your investment in this. https://www.spgpromos.com/getawayfree/?IM=Q2GF_GWGW_en_us
-
- 0 replies
- 766 views
-
-
Yes, I have had a crush on this hottie for years. He is currently in the drama Chase and I was looking for him online and found out TnT is doing a show in 2011 continuing the Dallas series. Jesse will be Bobby Ewing's son.
-
- 8 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
- 0 replies
- 691 views
-
-
There has been a lot in the papers recently after a famous newscaster from MSNBC was suspended for a bit for calling one gal a slut. That brought up many reactions from all over the nation. However, is that something to be suspended for? Fired for? http://www.salon.com/life/sex/index.html?story=%2Fmwt%2Ffeature%2F2011%2F05%2F28%2Fslut
-
- 9 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
When census gatherers went door-to-door visiting 5.6 million households across Nepal this month, they collected information not only on the country's men and women, but also on a so-called third gender. In what is believed to be a world first, Nepal's Central Bureau of Statistics is giving official recognition to gay and transgender people -- a move seen as major victory for equality in a country that only decriminalized homosexual relationships three years ago. Among those happy to stand up and be counted in the third gender category is Dilu Buduja, 35. "I was born as a girl, but as I grew up I felt I was a boy. Today I totally feel like a man," he said. A spokesman f…
-
- 0 replies
- 620 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I got a chance to see it today and I thought it was fantastic. It was not a great story and totally unbelievable but the stunts were fabulous and the movie was enjoyable to watch. It is the 5th movie in this series and the very end (after credits) tell you a 6th is coming! So, if you are looking for an easy movie to get away for the weekend and just enjoy some eye candy give it a go!
-
- 9 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dutch government to make it illegal for foreigners to enter the coffee houses and hash bars of Amsterdam by the end of the year. http://gawker.com/5806514/dutch-government-ruins-amsterdam-for-backpackers
-
- 6 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Does anybody have experience using the iPhone / iPad Grindr app for either finding or attracting escorts?
-
- 10 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-