Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Started by TampaYankee,

    The Most-Stolen Cars In The Country By Hannah Elliott | Forbes Think a tough economy automatically means more street crime? Think again. “We’ve been trying to pull that theory back a little bit,” says Frank Scafidi, a spokesman for the National Insurance Crime Bureau. “There is no empirical data to make that kind of broad statement.” If preliminary stats from the FBI crime division hold true, last year will have seen the fewest vehicle thefts since 1967. The most recent FBI crime statistics predict a 7.2-percent reduction in theft since 2009—the lowest rate in more than 40 years. Of course a lower theft rate doesn’t exactly mean all is well, especially if you driv…

    • 2 replies
    • 855 views
  2. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    So I always keep hearing how guys talk about how huge the dicks they take were...and that leads me to 2 questions because I'm really trying to understand the attraction. 1. Why are people consumed with bigger and bigger sizes? I mean I tried it a few times and (no offense to anybody else) but it hurt like hell. I know..you'll say the person didn't do it right. Well the limited people that wanted to get close enough to me to try it really haven't been all the interested in taking their time and working through the issues...if you know what I mean. Anyway I can't even IMAGINE taking BIGGER dicks! I mean I'm not trying to be obtuse but what does it feel like? Better than an…

  3. Started by Lucky,

    About a year ago, the omipotent Daddy of Daddy's reviews suspended me from his site for one year. He did me a big favor in doing so. I am here to tell you that I have every intention of remaining a poster at MER. You guys took me in when I needed a place to stay, and I appreciate it. I think I was truly hooked on posting there, and often got involved in a fight or two. At MER, I enjoy the smaller group, and the friendlier atmosphere/ I like many of the posters there, and, if you truly want to be read, that is the place to go. There are so may new names that I cannot begin to guess who they are. M<any of the guys to whom I felt an affection also post there no more. S…

  4. Humm, interesting idea. I wish I thought of Sugar Daddies! NEW YORK -- On a Sunday morning in late May, Taylor left her Harlem apartment and boarded a train for Greenwich, Conn. She planned on spending the day with a man she had met online, but not in person. Taylor, a 22-year-old student at Hunter College, had confided in her roommate about the trip and they agreed to swap text messages during the day to make sure she was safe. Once in Greenwich, a man who appeared significantly older than his advertised age of 42 greeted Taylor at the train station and then drove her to the largest house she had ever seen. He changed into his swimming trunks, she put on a skimpy ba…

  5. Hard to understand why this guys option was not picked up by those in power at Glee. He will be missed! http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/television/6322911-421/trouty-mouth-is-thrown-backas-actor-loses-regular-gig-on-glee.html

  6. Started by Lucky,

    Opening today in New York is a movie called House of Boys. It may not be as exciting as it sounds, we'll have to wait for some New Yorkers to see it and tell us what they think. I doubt it is opening nationally. Maybe in LA. The NY Times calls it: "A gay tragedy in three acts and more than a dozen excellent songs, “House of Boys” conveys an emotional honesty that overrides its dated style." But the review concludes: "The storytelling may be heavy-handed, but the soundtrack rocks, and the director’s bittersweet nostalgia should win over the most flinty viewer. Cue Roy Orbison and pass the Kleenex, please." So, check out the review, then, if you live in New York, go see…

  7. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Don’t ya just love it! Holding the country to ransom is one thing. Getting your figures screwed up is surely somewhat more elementary. Turns out Speaker Boehner miscalculated and his plan is in reality a whopping US$370 billion short. Instead of the $1.2 trillion he told the nation about, the spending cuts over the next decade he identified will only save $850 billion. Hence the need for a pause whilst new figures are worked out and legislation rewritten. Perhaps we should invite Mr. Boehner to a tea-party where the basic elements of mathematics can be explained On second thoughts, just let him continue his love fest with La Palin and her cohorts. No doubt their s…

    • 11 replies
    • 2k views
  8. The New York Times had a great side by side view of the plans proposed. It is obvious to me that they were close. I wonder what kept them so far apart? Is this going to the way things work in Washington from now on? This is a simple view of the circus in DC. http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/07/22/us/politics/20110722-comparing-deficit-reduction-plans.html?smid=tw-nytimes

  9. Started by Lucky,

    Global warming? Chicago yesterday had a record 6.91 inches of rain, larger than the cock size of the average resident. Temperatures soared across the nation, with Minneapolis recently showing a heat index of 116. Power outages in New York and elsewhere added to the misery. San Diego remained mercifully temperate at 73 degrees. So, sure, it's a weather report, but is it also a harbinger of things to come? We are at the mercy of the gods here, unless we take significant steps to reduce our carbon footprint. Cities across the nation did report a significant drop in electricity usage when a popular website closed for 8 hours for server maintenance. But that was a one-time th…

    • 10 replies
    • 1.6k views
  10. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Well, here’s one in the eye for Lancôme and Maybelline, and one in the pocket for the brand owner L’Oreal. The UK Advertising Standards Authority has banned ads featuring Pretty Woman Julia Roberts and supermodel Christ Turlington. It found both ads had been excessively airbrushed. MP Jo Swinton, who has long spearheaded a movement against “overly perfected images” of women in advertising, said - http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/jul/27/loreal-julia-roberts-ad-banned Wonder if the ASA standards apply to sites like gayromeo in the UK? If so, I imagine a number of XXL and XL descriptions will quickly be modified - downwards

    • 7 replies
    • 2.1k views
  11. Started by TotallyOz,

    The sad scene in Norway has really brought many conversations in the public. One long one on here. Luckily, there were heroes that day. Two were lesbian ladies who with their boat went to the island and loaded up and took campers to safety. They did this over and over. Some have estimated they saved about 40 people. http://www.samesame.com.au/news/international/7113/Lesbian-couple-are-Norway-heroes.htm

  12. Started by TotallyOz,

    There was a fascinating article in the NY Times today about a lady who was set up by a guy that raped her. He had a few acquaintances pledge they were robbed by her. She was arrested on 1M bail. After 7 months in jail in NYC, they dropped the charges. The story is here: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/26/nyregion/a-revenge-plot-so-intricate-the-prosecutors-were-pawns.html I knew of one guy in NYC who was set up the same way. It took him 4 years to prove his innocence and he was set up for deportation. Things like this happen more than you can imagine.

  13. The Pew Research Center did a study and I was quite surprised by the results. The wealth gap between Whites and Blacks and White and Hispanics is huge. Read a summary at NPR. http://www.npr.org/2011/07/26/138688135/study-shows-racial-wealth-gap-grows-wider?sc=fb&cc=fp

  14. Growing up in the South, I have always understood why Clay was closeted. I was until my late 20's and I was out of the south. I never once met an openly gay person my age in the south when I was younger. I hope that times have changed. we have many members here from the South, are you seeing more gay guys openly out? Here is a link to Clay's article: http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2011/07/22/Clay_Aiken_on_Being_A_Gay_Teenager_in_The_South/

  15. Started by TotallyOz,

    After 17 people were busted yesterday for running a prostitution ring that catered mostly to Wall Street clients, word is that the Brooklyn DA is considering charging the "Johns," the clients who ordered the ladies, too. So far, only 30 people total have been charged. But everyone expects more people to be arrested, because basically, besides how the prostitution ring worked, all the Brooklyn DA (Charles Hynes) spoke about at a press conference covered by NBC is how this case involves some of "New York's "wealthiest," most "sophisticated" and "high class" people on Wall Street. It seems like he's dying to tell us some of these names. In a press conference yesterday, he…

  16. Started by Lucky,

    Long known for her substance abuse problems and concert failings due to the same, singer Amy Winehouse has been found dead at her home in London. Details are still scarce, but drugs are suspected. She was 27 years old.

  17. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    I regret this merits a new thread, for it represents a disgustingly foul new low for Murdoch's British news empire - in of all newspapers, the mighty Times. And it comes just after Murdoch talked about the appearance before the parliamentary committee as "the worst day of his life." As we all know from the dreadful and horrific reports on TV, the drought in Somalia is the worst for many, many years. Readers of The Times would expect it to be treated with dignity, sympathy and sincerity, at the very least. So what does Murdoch's editor do? He prints a cartoon that shows some starving Africans, one with a bloated belly and a bubble caption reading: "I've had a bellyful…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.5k views
  18. Started by TotallyOz,

    How many of these have you eaten? http://www.cnngo.com/explorations/eat/worlds-50-most-delicious-foods-067535

  19. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    So i have a question...I'm still feeling this site out and don't know a lot about it. That means I have to start asking dumb questions now... My question is this: do people get upset if I post reviews for the same guy on this site and the "other" site? I'm trying to figure out if I'm supposed to or not. thanks, Gcursor

    • 2 replies
    • 895 views
  20. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    So...another new topic I'm starting..we'll see how long this one takes to die Let me explain the premise. Sometimes it is said that certain "skills" or "qualities" can be learned in 3 steps. There might be MANY more, of course, but there might be 3 key ones to start with. My challenge to you then is to do a topic (either humorous or not-so) giving 3 steps on how to do it. I know..you're confused (I would be at this point in time)..here let me give you my example... THREE STEPS on how to be funny (there are more but these are some of the key ones) 1. OBSERVE everything. What do you see outside your window right now? People might say trees and clouds. Look again though. …

    • 0 replies
    • 680 views
  21. Sorry for the inconvenience.

  22. Started by Lucky,

    While hundreds of gay couples plan to get married Sunday in New York state, activist Larry Kramer won't be attending any of the nuptials. Kramer says: “These marriages, in whichever state, are what I call feel-good marriages,” Mr. Kramer said. “Compared to the benefits heterosexual marriages convey, gay marriages are an embarrassment — that we should accept so little, and with so much hoopla of excitement and self-congratulation.” Progress is progress, Mr. Kramer. let those who wish enjoy this milestone in gay rights, even if it isn't the end zone of politics.

  23. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    As I watched the scenes today outside Amy Winehouse

    • 0 replies
    • 984 views
  24. Started by Lucky,

    They're coming to help me, I think. The shrinks said I needed maintenance too, so these men are now coming to my door...

  25. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    So the last 4-5 years, I've gotten so that I don't like giving "excuses" anymore. If something goes wrong at work then you might make up this elaborate story about what happened but I started thinking, "Why bother?" Seriously. I got so that when somebody discovered an error I made (and people tend to make errors now and then), I would tell them "sorry" and provide no explanation of went wrong. Inevitably by giving them an excuse of WHY something went wrong then people would spend INORDINATE amounts of time trying to discuss the "error" and try to place blame. I'm more of the type saying "Let it go! We might DIE tomorrow! Do you REALLY FRIGGIN' want to die with the last th…

    • 2 replies
    • 805 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.