Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    So I was surprised a few weeks ago when I actually learned they have these RENT A HUSBAND places all over the place. Want your pipes fixed? RENT A HUSBAND. Want your cracks sealed? RENT A HUSBAND. So let's see what other euphemisms can we come up with? Gcursor

    • 0 replies
    • 579 views
  2. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    A freshmen to be at an ivy league school is from a very rich family. The problem is that the kid's parents somehow hide their actual income so the kid can be qualified for a need based scholarship and the kid got it. I personally think that the kid is very talented and sweet but what that kid's parents did is very wrong. A kid that flies first class all over the world doesn't qualify a need based scholarship (zero contribution from parents). I just want to convince myself it's not my business so I should just close my eyes and let it slide. On the other hand I feel like I should do something about it for others who are really in need. I tend to get into trouble for good i…

  3. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    I happened on this clip this morning. I wonder how many will remember the name Tom Lehrer? A mathematician at Harvard, in the 1960s he developed quite a following in the west as a performer of satirical songs which he had composed. He hated touring and so most of his work was on TV. I well remember this song which is as relevant today as it was when it was written.

    • 0 replies
    • 1k views
  4. Most expensive cities for expats 1. Luanda, Angola 2. Tokyo, Japan 3. N'Djamena, Chad 4. Moscow, Russia 5. Geneva, Switzerland 6. Osaka, Japan 7. Zurich, Switzerland 8. Singapore, Singapore 9. Hong Kong, China 10. Sao Paolo, Brazil http://edition.cnn.com/2011/BUSINESS/07/14/luanda.expensive.city/index.html I guess I should not be surprised as I was recently looking into a visit there for November and my hotel wanted 700US a night. What the fuck? Up 11 and 17 places in the ranking respectively, São Paolo (10) and Rio de Janeiro (12) are now the most expensive locations for expatriates in both North and South America. In South America, Brasilia (33) is the thi…

  5. Apparently the rewards for reading 10 Million miles are great. They included having a plane named after him, never having to wait in line again, upgrades to everywhere he goes and more. I am at the 1M mile mark and that took 7 years. I can't imagine 10M. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14097038

  6. Started by Lucky,

    KMEM, or RA1, seems to be free and walking the streets, so this must not be a story about him! (I knew it wasn't!) A pilot suspected of possessing child porn is in jail, but, since he is acting as his own attorney, he is allowed to review the evidence- over 28 hours of kiddie porn tapes on about 100 tapes! Far from a cruel and unusual punishment, he is merely preparing his case as any other lawyer would. The UPS pilot is proving to the world what brown can do for you! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/13/weldon-marc-gilbert-child-porn-jail_n_897564.html

    • 1 reply
    • 696 views
  7. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    The latest addition to the sights in Moscow has some interesting exhibits, including - .http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2011/jul/12/moscow-sex-museum-sparks-controversy The Obama/Putin photo at http://www.artinfo.com/news/story/38096/see-highlights-from-moscows-new-sex-museum-where-art-politics-and-coitus-engage-in-an-unholy-threesome/ I'll be making a trip to Moscow in September and will try and take some photos - if the Museum is still open!

    • 2 replies
    • 2.1k views
  8. Started by Lucky,

    Rather than commending the good father, authorities have arrested him for paying a young man to make his hard, throbbing cock available to the priest's mouth...on more than one occasion. The priest is a chaplain, and his paramour is an inmate. Does it get kinkier than that? (No doubt the priest was paying the young man for his time only. He was doing time, you see.) A Queens chaplain was nabbed trying to pay an inmate for a most unholy act. Frank DeTucci, 70, had $200 in his shoe and another $153 in his wallet when a guard at the Queensboro Correctional Facility spotted him kneeling Sunday in front of the prisoner, officials say. When questioned, DeTucci admitted th…

  9. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    I couldn’t let the morning pass without a reference to a little article in the LA Times. Someone has been clearly throwing ‘stones’ by the bucketful at The Crystal Cathedral, that glass monolith to the fervor of the Christian right and its now retired ‘pastor’ Dr. Robert H. Schuller. With a grandfatherly smile that stretched from ear to ear, he’s the reverend, you’ll recall, who faced criminal charges when he was alleged to have assaulted a United Airlines flight attendant. He was, he said at the time, angered because he could not hang his ministerial robes behind his first class seat (he seemed concerned more about wrinkles and less about violation of Federal Aviati…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  10. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    So I'd like to open a topic for discussion. I'm wondering (because I wonder about lots of things) if any of you have any true ghost stories/hauntings or anything that you would like to share with the rest of us?? Gcursor

    • 8 replies
    • 1.4k views
  11. That was the news tearfully given me on the phone this morning by a very close lady friend. They have been married for 26 years,have a marvelous(fully grown)child and also have a business together. I have never had a whiff of bisex adventurism from her in the past=and I have known her a long long time. She says she needs more"passion" and tender love than what her husband has been giving her. I know this lady(in her 50s)is prone to hormonal hystaria(if there is such a thing) and advised her to just really wait on this for a long while. She describes her husband as a really good room mate.I told her there are worse things than growing old with a good and loyal friend-…

  12. Started by TampaYankee,

    Top 10 Scariest Food Additives By David Zinczenko with Matt Goulding Jul 01, 2011 There was a time when "fruit flavored" and "cheese flavored" meant "made with real fruit" and "made with real cheese." Today? It's artificial everything. Most of the food at your local supermarket is no more authentic than Snooki's tan. Our fruit comes packaged in Loops, our cheese delivered via Whiz. Sure, it's edible, but there's no way your great grandparents would recognize this junk as food. The problem with additives runs deep. The FDA currently maintains a list of ingredients called Everything Added to Food in the United States (EAFUS), which features more than 3,000 items and cou…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    This article from the BBC's website surprised me. A businessman has been rewarded by United Airlines with free upgrades and never having to queue when he flies again with United. All for having flown 10 milion miles with the same airline. I'm surprised because I reckon there must be quite a few international business travellers who have clocked up that number of miles - but perhaps not on the same airline. Michael, you must be pretty close!! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14097038

    • 2 replies
    • 2k views
  14. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PfEqR2B8UQ&feature=youtu.be A massive wall of dust, over a mile high and 50 ft wide, blanketed the city like a scene from an apocolyptic movie..

    • 23 replies
    • 2.1k views
  15. Started by Lucky,

    What a miserable week in the desert. Not only hot temperatures, but sticky hot. They always say it's a "dry heat" as though that makes it cooler, but I do prefer a dry heat to a humid and sticky week. The other day it was 55% humidity here, and only 45% in New York. We stay inside, but it's still sticky. Maybe I should move to Phoenix?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
  16. The Atlanta City Council has voted 14-0 to award the Atlanta Eagle Bar $1 million in response to a federal lawsuit filed by a private attorney on behalf of 19 clients unjustly arrested in a botched police raid last September, according to a report by WTVM News 9 and the Associated Press. The night of Sept. 10, 2009, four dozen police crashed the Underwear Night special event at the Atlanta Eagle, slamming patrons to the floor, using homophobic slurs, and arresting and detaining 62 people. Police targeted the gay bar on the pretext of illicit sex and drugs, allegations that were never proven. The owner of the Eagle, Richard Ramey, went immediately on the offensive agains…

  17. Guest consumerismsux
    Started by Guest consumerismsux,

    After about 30 years of HIV and AIDS, where are we? Do we really understand about the tests? Do we really know what AIDS is? Is AIDS the same for the whole world? Who really discovered HIV? To get the ball rolling, I recently discovered that there are 4 kinds of tests; 1] E.L.I.S.A. 2] Western Blot. 3] Rapid test. 4] PCR. I know what these tests do & I'm just wondering if anybody else knows what they do.

    • 9 replies
    • 3.6k views
  18. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iXXRj1v7W9E#at=99

    • 1 reply
    • 853 views
  19. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Last year it was protests which all but crippled the centre of Bangkok. Now it’s Kuala Lumpur’s turn. Up to 300,000 Malaysians are expected to descend on the capital tomorrow to demand electoral reform. The demonstrators had originally wanted a street rally, but the police prohibited it. So a sports stadium has been booked. Now the police have banned the rally altogether and say it is illegal. If you are in Kuala Lumpur or have a visit planned starting tomorrow, please keep away from the centre. Riot police will be out in force. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-14076424

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  20. Amazing history has been made tonight!

  21. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    So what are the last 3 movies that you've seen: good, bad or indifferent Mine would be: ANOTHER GAY SEQUEL: GAYS GONE WILD DEVIL ROSE RED

  22. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MM-psvqiG8

    • 0 replies
    • 1k views
  23. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    So here's a question Some years back (probably 5 or more now) , I used to go to strip clubs a lot. Typically when I would go, I would tip the dancer usually about 20 dollars each time when they were dancing. Now I'm big on "customer satisfaction" and "great customer service" in all aspects of life SO I was a little upset if I did this and the stripper would never come over afterwards to say hi or anything. I'm very shy and this was my way of saying, "Hi...you're hot! Could I meet you?" Honestly this is the only way I could show attention to the strippers...sometimes I would be so fearful of talking to them that I would have the bartender give the stripper a tip for me...…

  24. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    I guess we're used to Majesties, Royal Highnesses, Serene Highnesses, Holinesses, Worships - there are even Beatitudes in the Russian Orthodox Church. Searching on google today on a totally different subject, I found a reference to a title that's totally new to me - Tremendousness! Mind you, I can only find one - and he died 2 years ago. His Tremendousness Giorgio Carbone was the head of a small village in Italy (population 364). In 1963 he claimed sovereignty from the Italian government, producing documents from the Vatican archives to prove that the village was never the property of the House of Savoy and therefore not part of the Kingdom of Italy after 1861. He ins…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  25. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Its death throws have lasted for most of the last 100 years. But now the House of Hapsburg, one of the most important royal houses of Europe for centuries with roots dating back to 10th and 11th centuries, can finally be said to be officially no more! In its heyday, the Empire, ruled over many countries in Europe, including Spain, much of Italy and large chunks of Central Europe. It was the origin of all the formally elected Holy Roman Emperors between 1438 and 1740, a title that goes back to Charlemagne in the 8th century. By the mid-19th century, with the emergence of many new countries within Europe, the Austrian House of Hapsburg agreed to share power with th…

    • 2 replies
    • 2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.