Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest zipperzone
    Started by Guest zipperzone,

    Zipperzone here - just back from 5 weeks in the hospital. Feeling very weak almost have to learn how to walk again. Have I missed much around here? I am totally out of touch with the world i general.

  2. OK. I love this show and I watch it religiously. If you are also watching it, who do you think is going to win at this point in time? You can pick only one. I have listed all 10 above and next week, if there is interest, I'll list the ones that have survived elimination. Jordan Casanova and Tadd Gadduang dance a Nappytabs hip-hop routine. http://images.buddytv.com/marko-germar-photos/btv/1/800022554/1/434/593/0.jpg Melanie Moore and Marko Germar dance a Travis Wall contemporary routine Ryan Ramirez and Ricky Jaime dance a Spencer Liff Broadway routine Caitlynn Lawson and Mitchell Kelly dance a Jean-Marc Genereux samba Clarice Ordaz and Jess LeProtto dan…

  3. Started by Lucky,

    Okay, this tale goes back some many years, but I am always interested in how others might have reacted to a situation where I didn't know exactly what to do. Early in my career I moonlighted teaching business and consumer law at a Business College. I was closeted, but had already came out to myself. One of my students, actually the best one getting all As, was a beautiful young woman. Because she was smart and almost always knew the answer, I called on her a lot. She was cute, boyish-looking, and smart. Married, too. She took two classes from me and that was it. Until. That is, until I received a call from her at work one day after the classes were over. She said she …

  4. There is a great article in The Atlantic about the Defense of Marriage Act and the repeal of the Clinton signed legislation. http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/07/15-years-after-doma-hearing-reveals-a-nation-transformed/242273/

  5. Wells Fargo Illegally Pushed Borrowers Into Subprime Mortgages, Falsified Loan Documents, Fed Says Shahien Nasiripour shahien@huffingtonpost.com WASHINGTON -- Perhaps more than 10,000 Wells Fargo borrowers were inappropriately steered into more expensive subprime mortgages or had their loan documents falsified by bank personnel, the Federal Reserve said Wednesday. The bank, the largest U.S. mortgage lender, agreed to pay $85 million to settle civil charges. On Tuesday, the company announced that it turned a $3.9 billion profit last quarter. It's made $7.7 billion in profit thus far this year. The fine is the largest the Fed has ever imposed in a consumer case, the …

    • 5 replies
    • 887 views
  6. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    I have, I believe, a healthy skepticism about what I read and see in advertisements and TV commercials. The latest candyfloss gunge comes from the rapidly expanding Hong Kong-based Park Hotel Group in a series of TV ads purportedly being letters from satisfied guests. One praises all the staff, including the concierge who, when a limousine driver can not be found, actually gets into the car and drives him round. Uh?? A concierge

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  7. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    So has anybody seen that MISSION IMPOSSIBLE film where they steal this list that has agent's code names and then they have to steal another list that matches up the code name with the agent's real name? No? Okay..it doesn't matter anyway..I'm just setting the question premise... SO If you were a secret agent, what codename would you like to be known by? I'll start...I've always wanted to be called FALCON or DANGER DAN gcursor

  8. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    American Airlines has finally announced the start of its fleet replacement, and the winner is – Airbus. Well, not only Airbus, but the European planemaker comes out well on top. In what American is calling the “largest aircraft order in history”, the airlines will purchase 260 Airbus A320neos and 200 Boeing 737s. The order includes additional options for 365 Airbus planes and 100 737s. The deal comes with another twist for Boeing, though, as it has forced Being to upgrade its 737 to remain competitive. But details of the upgrades have not been announced. http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_world_business/view/1142121/1/.html

    • 0 replies
    • 943 views
  9. Started by Lucky,

    A post the other day mentioned that Mexican Coke, popular because it still contains sugar, also contains some ammonia. Now Coke shareholders are pushing an inquiry into whether cans of Coke made here in the USA contain Bisphenol A. "Dozens of laboratory studies have linked BPA exposure to breast and prostate cancer, infertility, early puberty in girls, obesity and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 93% of Americans have detectable levels of BPA in their bodies." So, if the high fructose corn syrup is your thing, you get the BPA with it. Here's the article on the BPA: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com…

    • 6 replies
    • 1.4k views
  10. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    • 0 replies
    • 461 views
  11. Started by Lucky,

    So today I am at a coffee shop chatting with a friend. We got to talking about diet and exercise when suddenly the guy from the table over who had been sitting at his computer interrupted me to tell us that, yes, he had been eavesdropping, and here, take some business cards of my friend who is a fitness trainer. What you have said to this guy? Was it okay to interrupt and hand out business cards to people you were eavesdropping on?

  12. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    WHERE WOULD YOU GO IF you were given the chance to go ANYWHERE in the world for one week all-expenses paid with the only stipulation being (there's always a catch, isn't there?) that you have NEVER been there before? I'll start...I've always wanted to go to Tibet and visit the monk temples. Gcursor

    • 24 replies
    • 2.3k views
  13. Started by Lucky,

    In what may be one of the biggest milestones in how far we have come, the US Senate voted 80-13 to confirm an openly gay man to the federal bench. Think about that- the divided US Senate managed 80 votes for a gay man: The U.S. Senate on Monday confirmed a New York City lawyer to become the first openly gay man on the federal bench. James Paul Oetken - a Greenwich Village resident and adjunct law professor at Fordham University - was approved for the prestigious post by an 80-to-13 margin. Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2011/07/19/2011-07-19_senate_oks_city_lawyer_as_1st_gay_man_for_fed_bench.html#ixzz1SYiJMCBb

    • 3 replies
    • 891 views
  14. Started by eeyore,

    • 2 replies
    • 745 views
  15. At the sites that I have found myself going to on an almost daily basis when I am not traveling-- it has been mighty slow in terms of threads and posts. This site is indeed indicative of the paucity of topics and threads and posts. What could be the cause? Summer holiday? Outdoor activities? Folks weaning themselves from their computer? What do you think it is?

  16. For the first time, it is believed, 200 members of the US Military openly march in a Gay Pride Parade. Truly a Day to be Proud. San Diego Union-Tribune newspaper link: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/jul/16/troops-turn-out-san-diegos-gay-pride-parade/ Atlanta Journal Newspaper link: http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/troops-march-in-san-1019898.html

    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
  17. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I had a minor melt down and got into a verbal argument with the security at Micky's in West Hollywood on Wednesday night. Wednesday night is one of the best nights to go to Micky's for their dancers. They generally have 15 - 20 dancers every Wednesday and it's a fun night. If I go in I usually take an elderly gentleman friend of mine who is 82 because he enjoys it so much and he can't drive at night anymore. So around 9:30 - 9:45 security starts going around the bar to remove all of the bar stools/chairs in an effort to allow more people up to the bar to get drinks. Basically they want it to be a standup bar from that point on unless you are sitting at a table orderin…

    • 4 replies
    • 1k views
  18. Man says blood center rejected him because he appeared gay. This has caused quite an uproar on many websites. The man, Aaron Pace, says he is not gay but looked gay. The blood center rejected him. Read the story here: http://www.suntimes.com/news/6495246-452/man-says-blood-center-rejected-him-because-he-appeared-gay.html Do you think that Gay/Bi Men should be allowed to give blood?

  19. Guest simon
    Started by Guest simon,

    Hello to everyone this is my first post and I hope that I am presenting it in the correct place. I am somewhat of a shy gay guy (until you get to know me and me you) and will be having some vac time coming the first week in August. I will need to spend it in Fla., but am asking for any advice about Ft. Lauderdale or Miami accommodations that you might have. I'm looking for modern accommodations, nothing dated, and in an area where they might be gay activities with-in walking distance or short drive or taxi. I love the beach but to my knowledge most gay activity is more off beach than on? Plus any hot escort suggestions for smooth, muscular, verbal jock-types (20-26) (t…

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  20. Guest Hoover42
    Started by Guest Hoover42,

    Well, I hear a 10-mile stretch of the 405 freeway in LA is shut down for the weekend. Carmageddon Photos From the LA Times: http://framework.latimes.com/2011/07/15/carmageddon-los-angeles-405-closure/ Any board members experiencing that first-hand?

    • 6 replies
    • 806 views
  21. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    Someone used my email addy to send a link to 3 individuals. If anyone else got email from hitoallusa then please do not open it and make sure you delete it. Thanks.

    • 2 replies
    • 611 views
  22. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    This photo speaks for itself.

  23. Joe McElderry, who won X Factor in 2009 and came out as gay last year was tonight crowned the winner of ITV’s Popstar To Operastar after a performance enjoyed by the judges and telephone voters alike. http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2011/07/10/gay-singer-joe-mcelderry-wins-popstar-to-operastar/

  24. From USA Today: http://yourlife.usatoday.com/health/medical/story/2011/07/Pills-prevent-HIV-infection-studies-find/49339540/1 ATLANTA (AP) – Two new studies found that daily pills prevented infection with the AIDS virus in heterosexual men and women in Africa, bringing new hope for someday offering a medical shield against HIV infection. "This is good news. This is a good day for HIV prevention," said Dr. Lynn Paxton of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, who has coordinated the agency's research into HIV prevention. Earlier this year, another study found the same pills did not prevent the AIDS virus among women in Kenya, Tanzania and South Africa. Bu…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.