Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Started by TotallyOz,

    Anyone use Evernote.com? It is a service that allows you to upload notes, photos, documents, snapshots, etc. I have just started using this and have enjoyed it so far as I think a good way to store things I often forget. It has an Iphone app that I have not tested yet. Apparently, you can take a snapshot photo of a business card and it will read it into the site. Has anyone else used this site? Service?

  2. Started by Lucky,

    I picked this up at towleroad.com: A 41-year-old man has been arrested by police and charged under the country's sodomy laws after having consensual gay sex with a 17-year-old, the AP reports: The age of sexual consent in Grenada is 16 but while the sex in question was consensual, local law prohibits sodomy under the charge of "unnatural connection." Grenada is one of several Caribbean nations that has laws banning sex between men. The penalty in most islands, including Grenada, is up to 10 years in prison, although Barbados and Guyana have life imprisonment, according to a 2010 United Nations report. (And when I say don't go there, it's because of the anti-gay laws, …

  3. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Following the international Football Federation (FIFA) awarding the 2018 and 2022 World Cups to Russia and Qatar respectively, I wrote in December on another Board about corruption within FIFA and in particular about the autocratic style of its President, Sepp Blatter. I’ll quote part of one post because in the last few weeks FIFA has now become totally embroiled in a whole variety of corruption allegations – and Blatter himself is finally under investigation. http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1966 Today, according to the BBC’s website - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13574338.stm

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  4. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

  5. Started by Lucky,

    There are other sites on the internet besides this one wherein guys post their thoughts much as we do, and occasionally someone comes along and complains. In this case, the "someone" hasn't posted on the site since September 15, 2009, yet he says people write to him when they are upset with something about the site. Really. Here's the quote: "It's not just you and it's not limited to that travel thread. I think this is generally something many members - if I'm to believe the emails I've received, which prompted me to take a look - are finding to be a turn-off." Get that? He doesn't read the site anymore, has no interest in it, by golly. But when the folks email him, wel…

  6. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    So it's Fleet Week in New York and this is the first Fleet Week where the sailor boys will actually be able to hook up with dudes instead of babes. Should make The Cock and various other gay bars interesting places to be for the week.

  7. Started by Lucky,

    Sure, some people feel full of themselves, others are a bunch of hot air. But New Zealand truck driver Steve McCormack can claim that it wasn't his fault after an air hose became lodged in his buttocks during a freak injury and he soon started the inflation process. He's lucky to be alive, they say. Read the story here: A truck driver in New Zealand nearly popped after an air hose accidently got lodged in his buttocks... "I felt the air rush into my body and I felt like I was going to explode," he told 3News in New Zealand on Tuesday. Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2011/05/25/2011-05-25_new_zealand_truck_driver_steven_mccormack_nearly_pops_after_getti…

  8. Started by Lucky,

    The linked NY Times article talks about the problems maids can have with guests. Most of them involve a man exposing himself to the maid. As I was reading the article, I thought that it would never occur to me to think of the maid in a sexual manner. But, of course, most maids are female. I then remembered a night in Bangkok some 20 years ago at a very luxurious hotel. Two guys were doing the night time turn-down service while I was in the room. I probably did look at one of them a second too long, but he apparently didn't mind. When his colleague went to get towels, he came up and kissed me. Well, I kissed back. So, it could happen, but never by force! (BTW- I was fully…

  9. Floccinaucinihilipilification - the act of saying that something or someone is worthless and without value. "When I talk about Sarah Palin I am often guilty of floccinaucinihilipilification."

  10. Started by Lucky,

    If you are taking Niacin to raise your good cholesterol, you know the side effects. Now, the NY Times reveals a study showing that niacin is worthless in raising good cholesterol. The US (Obama) is trying to withhold secret information from the judge in a case involving CIA matters. She is quoted as saying she is "literally speechless" at the government's assertions. Two prominent U.S. Senators warned the American people today that the Patriot Act is being widely misused.Ron Wyden, a Democrat and member of the Senate Intelligence committee, said" I want to issue a warning this afternoon: When the American people find out how their government has secretly interpreted the…

    • 0 replies
    • 715 views
  11. May 25, 2011 Letter to Arne Duncan A letter from David Reber, who teaches high school biology in Lawrence KS Mr. Duncan, I read your Teacher Appreciation Week letter to teachers, and had at first decided not to respond. Upon further thought, I realized I do have a few things to say. I'll begin with a small sample of relevant adjectives just to get them out of the way: condescending, arrogant, insulting, misleading, patronizing, egotistic, supercilious, haughty, insolent, peremptory, cavalier, imperious, conceited, contemptuous, pompous, audacious, brazen, insincere, superficial, contrived, garish, hollow, pedantic, shallow, swindling, boorish, predictable, duplicitou…

  12. Started by TotallyOz,

    Does anyone play the games on Facebook? Thomas from the Corner Bar got me addicted to them about a week ago and I have been obsessed with them ever since. They are fun to play but for those of us that have little self control, it is easy to spend real money to get upgrades to different things faster. I always wondered how games like Farmville was able to make money. Now I know. Millionaire City is a Digital Chocolate game that the guys at Corner Bar recommended. Here is the city I have built. Anyone else have cities? Farms? Islands? Other gaming experiences?

    • 20 replies
    • 5.2k views
  13. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I think it is Country Idol tonight. . . There is no doubt that Scotty is going to win hands down. My "sources" at Fox have told me that Scotty has had more votes than all the others combined for weeks mainly because of the southern vote and the little girl vote. But I have to say that this performance by Lauren Alaina was an amazing performance and my favorite of the season. Lauren has been my favorite from the start. She will do well as long as she gets the right help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-9ncI3NVsg

  14. Guest zipperzone
    Started by Guest zipperzone,

    Dancing with the stars had a bit of a twist ending tonight. Hines won - as expected. I would have preferred to see it go to Chelsea but that was not to be. What blew me away was that Chelsea was eliminated leaving Hines and the Sherman Tank as the last two standing. Absolutely not a dancing competition - nothing but a pure popularity contest. How could anyone with eyes & a brain think The Tank was a better dancer than Chelsea? :frantics: The hit of the night for me was Josh Grobin singing while Dimitri danced in the tightest white pants imaginable. What a perfect ass that man has.

    • 1 reply
    • 541 views
  15. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    So if anybody on the forum is interested in making a new friend then check my profile out and send me a private message...I'm not looking for sex but just looking for good people to talk to Also I've joined some of the dating sites looking for pen pals but typically my picture scares people off...are there any good sites you guys know of where I can find people to write to? thanks, Gcursor

    • 0 replies
    • 637 views
  16. The hunt for a hooker in Midtown proved a little more difficult over the weekend as Atlanta police posed as gay men seeking sex and busted scores of alleged prostitutes. The arrests of 50 alleged male hookers along corridors long known for gay sex for sale—Cypress Street near Peachtree Street, as well as Ponce de Leon Avenue—came as the Atlanta Police Department notched 79 arrests in a days-long sting that ended Sunday. Operation Summer Heat included 61 arrests for prostitution—50 men and 11 women, eight “johns” seeking a prostitute, and 10 narcotics arrests. In addition, seven vehicles were impounded and $1,000 was seized, according to the Atlanta Police Department. Th…

  17. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    A company has started selling luxury condoms for $56 a package. Naked condoms use latex that is thinner and softer than the latex used in other brands' "ultra thin" condoms. They feature a hypoallergenic lubrication that is 10 times slicker and more expensive than the standard lube and an easy-tear wrapper with six layers of foil that took the company three years to develop. And the packaging, Ireland says, is elegant enough to double as nightstand décor. The biggest difference, however, is in Naked's patented "pleasure fit" design. Around 85 percent of males have a penile width of roughly 52 millimeters. In order to get a custom fit for each user, Naked condoms come …

    • 3 replies
    • 801 views
  18. Started by TotallyOz,

    Check the link to see all the men! I think they put Chord on the wrong number. http://www.afterelton.com/2011-hot-100-results?page=0%2C0 1. Darren Criss 2. Adam Lambert 3. Chris Colfer 4. Neil Patrick Harris 5. John Barrowman 6. Luke MacFarlane 7. Jonathan Groff 8. Jensen Ackles 9. Anderson Cooper 10. Ricky Martin 11. Jake Gyllenhaal 12. Cheyenne Jackson 13. Ryan Reynolds 14. Chris Evans 15. Matt Bomer 16. Jared Padalecki 17. James Franco 18. Chord Overstreet 19. Russell Tovey 20. Mark Salling 21. Alexander Skarsgård 22. Gale Harold 23. Cory Monteith 24. Ian Somerhalder 25. Matthew Mitcham 26. Trevor Donovan 27. Nathan Fillion 28. Eric Sheffe…

  19. Guest tomcal
    Started by Guest tomcal,

    First let me say that if this belongs in another forum feel free to move it, since i am discussing the costs of Brazil vs. Europe(prague) and a lesser extent the U.S. I wasn't sure were to put it! Europe is starting to be more Price attractive than Brazil, while both are still considerably less expensive for hourly escort rates than the U.S. After just getting back from Prague and getting reservations made for a return trip to Rio in June, I started thinking about the costs of paying for sex in Brazil, Europe and here in the U.S. and the changes in the past year or so. Brazil used to be a travel bargain for Hotel, food , and sex! But with Brazil becoming a world forc…

  20. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    The season finale of Saturday Night Live with Justin Timberlake as host and Lady Gaga as musical guest was by far the funniest and most entertaining episode of the year. In case you missed the digital short starring Justin, Lady Gaga and Andy Samberg, you have to watch it here:

    • 2 replies
    • 867 views
  21. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    After hearing that the Westboro Baptist Church wanted to picket last night's show, comedian Lisa Lampanelli said that for every person who showed up to protest, she would donate $1,000 to charity Gay Men's Health Crisis, "the nation's oldest HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care services provider": Lisa tells TMZ, "It's gonna be hilarious to write out the checks to the GMHC and have them send thank you notes to the WBC for their 'generous contributions.'" "I'd love to see their inbred faces when they open those thank you notes! Hopefully their jaws will drop so fast that their three remaining teeth and cro-magnon foreheads will plummet to the floor." http://j…

    • 3 replies
    • 883 views
  22. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    Anyone get taken up in the rapture today or are you all still here?

    • 12 replies
    • 1.5k views
  23. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    In case you missed Lady Gaga's performance of "Born This Way" on SNL last night. She suddenly became pregnant half way through the song. . .

    • 1 reply
    • 571 views
  24. Started by TownsendPLocke,

    I know at least one person on this board that can match this guys record! http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2011/5/12/125113/195/hotels/When+You%27re+Tired+of+Living+in+Hotels%2C+You%27re+Tired+of+Life+%28Except+in+London%29

  25. Started by Lucky,

    I wasn't lookin forward to seeing the Mets play, but even before the game started they got my attention. Ruben Tejada

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.