The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
Bit of Brit drollery occasioned partly by the new, evidently dreadful 'Day the Earth Stood Still' remake... How to write the perfect disaster movie As Roland Emmerich prepares his latest epic and The Day the Earth Stood Still invades cinemas, we offer a 10-point plan for the ultimate disaster film Roland Emmerich, the king of the disaster movie, is back. Not content with sending a tidal wave crashing over Manhattan in The Day After Tomorrow or allowing aliens to destroy the White House in Independence Day, Emmerich, in his new film 2012, is gearing up to unleash volcanic eruptions, huge cracks in the surface of the earth, enormous typhoons – and more floods. If you …
-
Van Johnson, Film, Television and Stage Star, Dies at 92 (CNN) -- Van Johnson, whose boyish looks and earnest manner made him a Hollywood heartthrob in the 1940s and '50s, died Friday in an assisted-care facility, a friend told CNN. Johnson, 92, died around 11 a.m. of natural causes at the Tappan Zee Manor in Nyack, New York, where he had lived for seven years, said Wendy Bleiweiss. Johnson's career stretched over six decades and across genres, from comedies and war films, such as "The Caine Mutiny" and "30 Seconds Over Tokyo," to Broadway musicals and television shows, including a guest spot as the Minstrel on the campy 1960s series, "Batman," according to…
-
Both entertainment megastars in my parent's generation. As a kid I watched many old war movies with Van, Diana Shore or many others. Betty Page along with Bett Grable were the cream of the Pin Up Girls during WWII. Van and Betty left their mark on that generation and posterity. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/13/movies/13johnson.html http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081212/ap_on_...t_bettie_page_8
-
- 0 replies
- 720 views
-
-
New review going us seem to frequently still not be showing their city to me. Right now, daniel, arekk, and andrewjustice all aren't showing their city. Is this still an issue for others or is it just me?
-
I recently bought an iPhone after I cleverly left my last cellphone in my pocket and then washed my pants. I was dubious at first. I used Mac computers in college years ago, and thought they were fine, even good, but overhyped. But I like it, quite a lot. Internet access is pretty good, and it's easy for me to get news on it. Anybody have any must-have applications they've found for it. I'm liking Shazam, a free app that you can hold up to any song, and it will tell you what it is. For a guy trapped in 80s music, it's a real boon.
-
- 0 replies
- 882 views
-
-
Betti Page died yesterday. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/12/arts/12p...tml?_r=1&hp Good obituary. “I want to be remembered as a woman who changed people’s perspectives concerning nudity in its natural form.â€
-
- 0 replies
- 669 views
-
-
And not in a good way Last weekend my 1 hour flight turned into a 4 hour flight. I am now running at 85 percent delayed flights for the year-and over half of these are over three hour delays. I like flying,I adore traveling.But you know-with the airlines cutting routes and services,nikcle and diming even those of us with FF status-it just is not any fun at all anymore. The Airlines main business is getting me from point A to point B in a reasonable amount of time.That is what I am paying for.I might get from point A to B but they are certainly not getting me there in a reasonable amount of time. I would ask any of you who share my frustration to join(or at least chec…
-
Got a general question regarding status of partner if you choose to "marry" someone from abroad. In the UK if for istance I wanted to "marry" a Thai guy and live together in UK would this be permitted? Also would said partner then also be allowed to work in UK? Any info would be helpful but am not really interested in arguments as to whether or not the Thai guy would get even a visitor visa to come over in the first place. Let's please start from the premise that the Thai guy has a visitor visa and is already in UK. Thanks.
-
I was at The Grove in LA yesterday and I sure noticed the decline in business.No trouble finding parking and the shoppers were much fewer than on normal weekends-let alone holiday weekends. The avaerage price for my gift has gone down from $60 to $45 including shipping.The retailers are only selling if they are discounting so almost all are discounting. So---are you cutting back this Holiday season?
-
- 5 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
Today’s review of Daniel (12/10/09) mentions that the escort followed-up the session with a note saying what a good time he had. From my limited experience, that doesn’t happen often. When it does, I agree it’s a great touch and makes the memory all the better. When I hear nothing, it sort of takes away the glow. This assumes, of course, that it was a first-rate session. Anyone else experience this?
-
This show has to be one of the funniest shows ever on television. It just gets better with age. The satellite feeds in Thailand are a season behind but you can get the current season in Itunes and it is simply amazing to watch.
-
I tried booking two different gay hotels in two different cities for two different dates.One is the Blue Moon Resort in Las Vegas the other is Camp Palm Springs Only reason I would stay in one of these places is because I am attending events held at these properties. Both hotels had outrageously high rates for the events -ok I am not happy about that but I can live with it. Both required minimum stays(2 nights).I just did not want to stay in these places let alone be blackmailed into staying two nights so I refused. BTW-up to that point I had been dealing directly with the properties. Just for giggles I tried Orbitz and Travelocity-sure enough both properties were av…
-
- 1 reply
- 1k views
-
-
I just came back from a weekend visiting family.I do this between Thanksgiving and Christmas to relieve some stress-and for a cheaper trip. We had one dinner and one lunch together=in restuarants and I was so bored the entire time it was painful. I have nothing in common with these folks besides blood.We share no interests at all.I try to find mutual ground but these folks do not read,go to movies,or watch anything but the most common TV programs,nor do they have any idea of what is going on in the world. Conversation for them involves gossiping about people I have no idea about,or taking trips down memory lane visiting folks I do not care about-nor remember. And of c…
-
- 11 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
He has taken over the Drakes on SMB in WeHo. Grand opening is this weekend.I was invited to a party Thursday night for the opening-but am having to be in Las Vegas for work-I do hope one of my Fellow MERmen will attend in my place and give us the full report. http://www.xbiz.com/news/video/102202
-
- 0 replies
- 804 views
-
-
LA is installing new pay station parking meters.The ones downtown will run till 8 pm 6 days a week and the ones in popular areas(Hollywood,Third street,Melrose)Will run till 8 pm Monday through Wed,and till MIDNIGHT!on weekends. Most have two hour time limits and range in price from $2-$6 an hour I wonder how much the two companies that manange 80% of the parking lots in LA sliiped into the city bastards(and bitches) pockets to get this passed?
-
- 1 reply
- 977 views
-
-
This issue was recently touched on in the Site Comments and Suggestions. I’m raising it here thinking it might be of more general interest. I was told that reviews for retired escorts are removed. What’s the rationale behind that decision? I can understand removal of pictures and contact information, but once reviewed, why wouldn’t that stand? What if the escort comes out of retirement? Are those past reviews revived, or does he start over again? Has this always been the policy?
-
- 2 replies
- 972 views
-
-
I love the orgasms of a little prostate rubbing..Look deep into my blonde eyes as i cum for you!!!
-
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/12/05/oj.sim...cing/index.html I am sure many will be happy with this outcome. He went from bad to worst over the years. Good luck to him in prison!
-
From The Sunday Times November 30, 2008 Britain on top in casual sex league A new study has found the British are the most promiscuous western nation Roger Waite BRITISH men and women are now the most promiscuous of any big western industrial nation, researchers have found. In an international index measuring one-night stands, total numbers of partners and attitudes to casual sex, Britain comes out ahead of Australia, the US, France, the Netherlands, Italy and Germany. The researchers behind the study say high scores such as Britain's may be linked to the way society is increasingly willing to accept sexual promiscuity among women as well as men. Th…
-
NEW YORK (CNN) -- After spending nearly 28 years in an irreversible coma, heiress and socialite Martha "Sunny" von Bulow died Saturday in a New York nursing home, according to a family statement. She was 76. Von Bulow was subject of one of the nation's most sensational criminal cases during the 1980s. Her husband, Claus, was accused of trying to kill her with an overdose of insulin, which prosecutors alleged sent her into the coma. He was convicted of making two attempts on her life, but the conviction was overturned on appeal. He was acquitted in a second trial. His retrial in 1985 received national attention. "We were blessed to have an extraor…
-
- 5 replies
- 2k views
-
-
Amsterdam to Close Many Brothels, Marijuana Cafes By TOBY STERLING, Associated Press Writer AMSTERDAM, Netherlands – Amsterdam unveiled plans Saturday to close brothels, sex shops and marijuana cafes in its ancient city center as part of a major effort to drive organized crime out of the tourist haven. The city is targeting businesses that "generate criminality," including gambling parlors, and the so-called "coffee shops" where marijuana is sold openly. Also targeted are peep shows, massage parlors and souvenir shops used by drug dealers for money-laundering. "I think that the new reality will be more in line with our image as a tolerant and crazy pl…
-
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081206/hl_af...ds_081206201447 Nobel medicine laureate sees progress on AIDS vaccine STOCKHOLM (AFP) – Luc Montagnier, co-winner of the 2008 Nobel Prize for Medicine, Saturday stood by his view that a "therapeutic vaccine" for the AIDS pandemic could be created within four to five years. "It is difficult to say, but it is perhaps a case of four to five years," he told AFP, following a press conference in Stockholm ahead of receiving the prestigious prize next week. In October Montagnier, 76, said an AIDS treatment could be possible in the future with a "therapeutic" rather than preventive vaccine for which results might be published in …
-
I believe this war has been a crime against humanity. I do not think we should have entered into it and do believe the American people will suffer for generations because of this horrendous act. How long will it take for the USA to get out of the ungodly war?
-
The Gay and Lesbian Humanist Association (GALHA) has condemned the Vatican's opposition to a declaration against discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. The declaration, which is officially supported by the European Union, is due to be presented to the UN General Assembly later this month. Monsignor Celestino Migliore, the Holy See's permanent observer at the UN, claims the declaration could be used to force countries to recognise same-sex marriage. "If adopted, they would create new and implacable discriminations," he said. "For example, states which do not recognise same-sex unions as 'matrimony' will be pilloried and made …
-
If that headline didn't deter readers from clicking into this thread, this photo surely won't offend... Incoming Obama administration director of speechwriting Jon Favreau (L) and a friend pose with a cardboard cutout of incoming Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton at a party. (Obtained by The Washington Post) By Al Kamen Question No. 58 in the transition team vetting document for the Obama White House asks that applicants: "Please provide the URL address of any websites that feature you in either a personal or professional capacity (e.g. Facebook, My Space, etc.)" Question No. 63 asks that applicants "please provide any other information ... that could ... be…
-
- 0 replies
- 763 views
-