Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Started by TampaYankee,

    I started musing about this in another thread and thought it interesting enough by itself to seek the views of others. Your opinion (and mine) on the most gay friendly place in: the US, (South Beach) North America, (Montreal) Europe, (Amsterdam) Latin America, (Rio?) Asia, (Pattaya) the World. (Thailand?)

  2. Guest slackersam
    Started by Guest slackersam,

    He was interviewed by The Blade. http://www.washingtonblade.com/thelatest/t...m?blog_id=21367

    • 2 replies
    • 2.6k views
  3. Started by TotallyOz,

    I want to rent a full time place in Sao Paulo. I have had great difficulty in finding anything online before my next trip. Craig's List sucks for Sao Paulo and very few places are offered. Does anyone know of any sites that have apartments for long term rental?

  4. Recently received: I wrote an extensive review of the time that I spent with xxx on mm/dd/yy/. I wrote this two days ago. Why is it taking a while to be printed here? Thanks, yyyy. I'm not quite sure how to respond to this. Maybe a 'Breaking News' column for escort reviews?

  5. Started by TotallyOz,

    Patrick first came onto the scene in Miss Saigon in a tour group. I remember it as one of my favorite musicals ever. I saw it at least 20 times. Not quite as many times as Les Mis or Rent but close. I first remember him in The Full Monty and how sexy he was. I had an instant crush. I was lucky enough to score some 2nd row tickets to the Tony Awards when The Full Monty did a short song as part of the night. The last part of the song was when they all got naked and the lights go off. Well, sitting second row, I was able to have the back lights light up what we were not supposed to see. My friend and I both opened out mouths with awe. Linda Lavin turned to us and sa…

  6. Started by TotallyOz,

    Rosie is doing a variety show on Nov. 26th on NBC. It is rumored that if successful, it may turn into a regular series. Having watched her over the years, I have always enjoyed her spirit. On her talk show, she was funny, witting and engaging. On The View, she kept the ratings up by always speaking her mind. Thanks to her and Ellen, daytime has many people not only listening to gays but adoring them. In my opinion, they have helped the cause of gays tremendously. I have heard that Rosie is a pain in the ass to work with, but hey, I guess you can't have all good things said all the time.

  7. I still remember when the word AIDS was first mentioned on television and when Ronald Regan first uttered the words on tv. That was a long time ago and medicine to treat those with HIV have come a long way. Studies are being done all over the world to find the cause and to find a cure. The more we know the better grasp we will have to find a way to cure this disease. NEW YORK (AP) -- The AIDS virus has been circulating among people for about 100 years, decades longer than scientists had thought, a new study suggests. Genetic analysis pushes the estimated origin of HIV back to between 1884 and 1924, with a more focused estimate at 1908. Previously, scientists had e…

  8. Started by TotallyOz,

    I have lots of programs I use all the time. Itunes, Skype, Firefox are part of my daily routine. But, if I had to pick a favorite program that I really enjoy to use it would be Delicious Library. It allows me to hold a book, or anything with a bar code, to to my web cam and it scans the code in, analysis', it and then adds that to my library with a full photo cover, cost buy new and current retail value. It is a great way for me to keep up with the books I read, movies I buy and games I get the Boyfriend. What is your favorite program?

  9. Started by TotallyOz,

    Some really hot guys this year. I like Marcus: http://www.omgblog.com/2008/09/omg_survivo..._marcu.php#more Hit tally wanker hanging out is adorable. I also like: Charlie - Adorable, cute and pretty. Matty is one hot MF. Dan is also hot. Ken as I like Asian boys but don't think he stands a chance. The first 2 are voted out and gone. Who will win? It is really way to early to tell, but I am hoping for Matty. Can he stay cool?

  10. Started by Gaybutton,

    Legendary Actor Paul Newman Dies at Age 83 Saturday September 27 9:16 AM ET Paul Newman, the Academy-Award winning superstar who personified cool as an activist, race car driver, popcorn impresario and the anti-hero of such films as "Hud," "Cool Hand Luke" and "The Color of Money," has died. He was 83. Newman died Friday after a long battle with cancer at his farmhouse near Westport, publicist Jeff Sanderson said. He was surrounded by his family and close friends. In May, Newman he had dropped plans to direct a fall production of "Of Mice and Men," citing unspecified health issues. He got his start in theater and on television during the 1950s,…

    • 4 replies
    • 2.5k views
  11. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    I've never seen so many promos for a returning series as for this one, all of them elaborately produced. As everybody knows by now, the show's premise is a bit dark. But it's a great favorite of mine, as is the to my mind red-hot Michael C. Hall. Great actor too. http://www.tv.com/photos/viewer.html?type=...8&tag=photo

  12. Started by TotallyOz,

    Well, for me I like them average but: We are remaking the MER site and we want to know what screen size most of you want. It was suggested that we make it larger but any suggestions? This is the first step in the site design as the entire site will be based on this. Your advice and comments are appreciated.

  13. I got this letter from cyberpimp regarding the German event of Hustlaball. I have known Jeff for many years and hope that whatever disputes they are in with Tom are resolved to everyone's satisfaction. Tom threw many amazing parties before he retired and Jeff threw a fabulous event in Las Vegas last year and I am sure the one in NYC will be great as well. Lets come out and support him for these great events and hope that they are able to resolve their disputes amicably. Dear friend of the Hustlaball: You may have recently received a vaguely threatening and intimidating email from Mr. Tom Weise regarding “marketplace confusionâ€� relating to certain upcoming Hustla…

  14. Started by TotallyOz,

    I have subscribed to the new season on Itunes (my only way to get them as I don't live in USA). The new season is going to be five years in advance. I am so excited about this show and it is my favorite show in the world now that Sex and the City is gone.

  15. Started by AdamSmith,

    At the risk of being banned, I just can't resist... Martha Stewart Likes Big Wieners The always primp and proper Martha Stewart dedicated an entire episode of her daytime show this week to everything Hot Dog related. The Martha Stewart Show featured all kinds of hot dogs and toppings. They even had a special 15-foot hot dog created by Empire National in Brooklyn that was hand delivered to Martha's studio. And showing you can never be too proper, Ms. Stewart added, "For those of you who don't think length matters, I disagree – especially when it comes to wieners." How saucy, Martha! "There's just never enough bites in a hot dog," she added. http://perezhilton.c…

  16. Started by AdamSmith,

    Bill Melendez, 91; Award-Winning 'Peanuts' Animator Bill Melendez, 91, an Emmy Award-winning animator who transformed the two-dimensional drawings of the "Peanuts" comic strip into some of the most beloved cartoon characters on television and film, died Sept. 2 at St. John's Health Center in Santa Monica, Calif. The cause of death was not reported. Mr. Melendez, who began his career at the Hollywood animation studios of Walt Disney and Warner Bros., found his greatest renown as the animator of "A Charlie Brown Christmas," "The Great Pumpkin" and dozens of other Peanuts presentations. With producer Lee Mendelson, Mr. Melendez formed a 43-year partnership that has genera…

  17. Started by TownsendPLocke,

    My little travel laptop(Asus EEE I LOVE IT)runs linux. I am having troubles viewing pix and buttons on the MER site when using it. This is why I am not posting when I am on the road Any suggestions(besides loading a MS program-so happy to be MS free)?Thanks in advance.

  18. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    More Tina Fey as Sarah Palin on SNL last night http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/vid...in-open/704042/

  19. Started by TotallyOz,

    On the verge of my first marathon, I find myself excited, scared, exhilarated and depressed all at the same time. First, I am not really sure what someone my age is doing running his first marathon. It seemed like such an impossible task when I first thought about the idea. To run 26 miles on one day just seemed like something only a lunatic could do. The more I thought about it, the closer I started looking at races and which one would suit me the best. I picked a race and a city and started getting ready for it. Instead of loosing weight, I have gained weight on this journey. I am not sure if I am eating more or I am just not concentrating on the workouts the w…

  20. Bravo to Bravo! http://ads.jossip.com/www/delivery/ck.php?...l/MAcontest.php

  21. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    So, how dumb do you have to be to blow off a talk show host who has a bully pullet he can use five nights a week until the election? And, how long until dave stops pummeling McCain every night?

  22. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    It looks like we're wasting our time trying to forecast the weather unless we go to the wasps and squirrels. http://washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/a...8090903091.html

  23. I will be there-hope to see lots of MERmen there as well http://partywithbrandon.blogspot.com/2008/...ers-friday.html

  24. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    In principle, I don't care if I never see another vampire show again. In the case of this one, what matters are the scenes featuring Ryan with his clothes off. There are lots of them. There's more beefcake besides him. I wonder if the show is really about vampires. http://justbeautifulmen.blogspot.com/2008/...t=1215144720000

  25. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    According to the Times, there will be a re-make of the Lone Ranger, of all things. In keeping with modern tastes, maybe he and Tonto will mix it up a little. On a completely different note, has anybody clued Johnny Depp into the various translations of "kemo sabey"? http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/26/arts/26a...amp;oref=slogin

    • 0 replies
    • 729 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.