Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Started by AdamSmith,

    Don't you just hate when this happens... Chinese 'classical poem' was brothel ad Science journal mistakenly uses flyer for Macau brothel to illustrate report on China A respected research institute wanted Chinese classical texts to adorn its journal, something beautiful and elegant, to illustrate a special report on China. Instead, it got a racy flyer extolling the lusty details of stripping housewives in a brothel. Chinese characters look dramatic and beautiful, and have a powerful visual impact, but make sure you get the meaning of the characters straight before jumping right in. There were red faces on the editorial board of one of Germany's top scientific ins…

  2. Guest GaySacGuy
    Started by Guest GaySacGuy,

    This is from an Associated Press story on Yahoo News. I think that this is going way overboard on security!! I know, I know...they can't be too careful. But, when you can't even have a chair, and no stroller for a kid....bullshit!! What a free country the USA is....NOT!! I hope they enjoy waiting hours being miserable to hear Rick Warrens invocation!! More power to them. WASHINGTON – No strollers near the U.S. Capitol. No tents on the National Mall. None of that Silly String on the parade route. That's just a sample of the items forbidden from President-elect Barack Obama's inauguration for security reasons. And while many people say the inconvenience …

    • 1 reply
    • 1.4k views
  3. Calif. AG Urges Court to Void Gay Marriage Ban SAN FRANCISCO (AP) – The California attorney general has changed his position on the state's new same-sex marriage ban and is now urging the state Supreme Court to void Proposition 8. Jerry Brown filed a brief Friday saying the measure that amended the California Constitution to limit marriage to a man and a woman is unconstitutional. He says it deprives gay couples of a fundamental right. After California voters passed Proposition 8 on Nov. 4, Brown said he would fight to uphold the initiative in his role as attorney general, even though he personally voted against it. He submitted his brief in one of the…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  4. Started by AdamSmith,

    Sacrilege. But fairly funny. Inhale beforehand: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU4TQ1NTo50

  5. Started by TotallyOz,

    I love my IPhone and use it often. My favorite game on it is Twister. I find I can sit and wait for something for hours and play this game. I finally finished all the levels on it and am now Twister Master on the game. Any other recommendations for games?

    • 8 replies
    • 2.5k views
  6. Started by TownsendPLocke,

    I am a fat man.I love food.I have been trying to diet(and yes this is unusual)so that I do not go into my fifties in a wheelchair or a stretcher. People who are otherwise kind and intelegent have been sending me goodies this year-even those who know I am trying to be good. I know the mean well(at least I hope so)but c'mon!Would you send an alchie a bottle of wine?Of course not.Even my mom sent candy and she knows what I am trying to do I do not mean to come of as ungratefull-but honest I would not miss the candy or the cookies or the Tower o' Sweets this year(or next as a matter of fact) I am going to play Santa tommorow night at Numbers and give my goodies away to …

  7. Guest MonkeySee
    Started by Guest MonkeySee,

    I was waiting for a bus in the open air waiting area. There was a westerner that lit up a cigarette while standing next to a no smoking sign. Three different “no smoking” signs were in clear view, but this guy paid no attention. I noticed a Thai lady move away when the guy lit up. Why is it the lady did not say something to the inconsiderate guy? Is it a gender thing? Is it a class thing? Or are Asians meeker compared to farangs?

    • 3 replies
    • 1.9k views
  8. Started by TownsendPLocke,

    This year instead of placing a cute but disposable ornament on top of my christmas gifts I tied one of these to the bow. http://www.zadkit.com/sportinggoods-337530...ashlight_3_Pack Not very cute-but man are they ever practical!I reccomend everyone have at least three of these,one for the house,one for the car,and one for your travelsac-yes-you might get stopped by security(although I never have)but let's just ask KYTop about being stuck in the dark in a strange hotel room shall we?

  9. Started by TownsendPLocke,

    I find his attempt to preach the sermon of better pay for those who run charities more than a little self serving. I actually feel that he is doing the orginization he works for which organizes,among other events.the AIDS Rides (that some in this forum participate in )much more harm than good. Pallotta has been in hot water before for his questionable expenses and the high management fees he charges the AIDS rides .His stated salary is over $400,000 plus his expenses. That is much more than many CEOs of small cap companies bring in-and this IS supposed to be a non profit.His very defensive posturing really ranckles those of us who would happily write a check-if we knew h…

  10. Guest GaySacGuy
    Started by Guest GaySacGuy,

    By Katharine Q. Seelye updated 6:06 a.m. ET Dec. 18, 2008 Barack Obama has selected the Rev. Rick Warren, the evangelical pastor and author of “The Purpose Driven Life,” to deliver the invocation at his inauguration, a role that positions Mr. Warren to succeed Billy Graham as the nation’s pre-eminent minister and reflects the generational changes in the evangelical Christian movement. ..... The choice of Mr. Warren, pastor of a megachurch in Orange County, Calif., is an olive branch to conservative Christian evangelicals. Mr. Warren is an outspoken opponent of abortion and same-sex marriage — litmus-test issues for Christian conservatives. In fact, his selecti…

    • 2 replies
    • 3.4k views
  11. Videos available at: http://cbs4.com/local/Adam.Walsh.Abduction.2.888349.html _________ Fla. Police Close Books on '81 Walsh Killing AP- HOLLYWOOD, Fla. – A serial killer who died more than a decade ago is the person who decapitated the 6-year-old son of "America's Most Wanted" host John Walsh in 1981, police in Florida said Tuesday. The announcement brought to a close a case that has vexed the Walsh family for more than two decades, launched the television show about the nation's most notorious criminals and inspired changes in how authorities search for missing children. "Who could take a 6-year-old and murder and decapitate him? Who?" an emotional John…

    • 6 replies
    • 2.5k views
  12. Started by AdamSmith,

    • 26 replies
    • 4.4k views
  13. Simply amazing,A fairly random five digit number,He did win a nice bonus for the correct guess also. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzic6WGJBvs I have not watched the show in a while-is Drew Carey any fun?

  14. Guest Conway
    Started by Guest Conway,

    http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com/2008...have-in-common/

  15. Guest Conway
    Started by Guest Conway,

    Gents, just a heads up for those of you located outside of NYC who are considering a trip there this winter. Hotel rooms have hit rock bottom in terms of price. I'm headed there on business the first week in January. My recent search of Orbitz turned up a 5 star hotel (the Benjamin) for $269 a night. If your standards are lower (as are mine) there are plenty of reasonable, non-flagged, options for under $200 a night. This time last year, when looking at a similarly timed trip, I couldn't find a room for less than $450.00 a night. On another note, I have been flying back and forth between Chicago and Denver a good bit lately. The airfare on that route has dropped from …

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  16. Guest GaySacGuy
    Started by Guest GaySacGuy,

    REDMOND, Wash. – Microsoft Corp. is taking the unusual step of issuing an emergency fix for a security hole in its Internet Explorer software that has exposed millions of users to having their computers taken over by hackers. The "zero-day" vulnerability, which came to light last week, allows criminals to take over victims' machines simply by steering them to infected Web sites; users don't have to download anything for their computers to get infected, which makes the flaw in Internet Explorer's programming code so dangerous. Internet Explorer is the world's most widely used Web browser. Microsoft said it plans to ship a security update, rated "critical," for th…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.4k views
  17. Started by caeron,

    Senator Craig lost his latest appeal to overturn his guilty plea to indecency in a public restroom. I can't imagine what the conversations at home are like. But I'm more curious about the fascination with T-rooms. I had a good friend in college (20+ years ago) who went a lot until he met his boyfriend in one. But they never much appealed to me. Maybe because I'm more into greek than french, and getting all naked in a public loo just seems a bit nasty. What were others experiences with T-rooms? Did you do them then? Do you do them now? What appeals?

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
  18. Guest MonkeySee
    Started by Guest MonkeySee,

    Arthur Shawcross 63, also know as the Genesse River Killer died on November 10. Shawcross was a convicted serial killer who was serving life in prison for strangling eleven women dating back to the seventies. He killed the Rochester, N.Y. area women. He then dumped the bodies along the river. Mitch Mitchell 61, the jazzy and versatile British drummer in the Jimi Hendrix Experience died November in Portand Oregon. Florence Wald 91, former Yale University nursing school dean who brought the hospice movement to the US. She started the first American hospice unit. She died November 8 in Branford Conn.

    • 5 replies
    • 2.3k views
  19. In this article titled the Talented Mr. Raywood http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu8la2UdJmF0A...aspx%3fid=11074 It is about a Gay Interior Designer who is scum.Unfortunately it is an oft told tale. My first BF was a designer in Sacramento.He worked in commercial furniture/planning.He was a total con artist.His four bedroom apartment was chock full of antiques,Baccarat and Lalique objets.Chichilla throws and the like.The apartment was located in a low income housing development He was constantly scamming insurence companies by claiming pieces of art and jewelry were stolen.He also was a serial bankruptcy claiment.He was gorgeous,tall and blond and had a big dick=I lov…

  20. I was listening to Michael Feinstein on the radio the other day.He sang As Long As He Needs Me from Oliver-but changed the "He" to "She" He is publicly out, has plenty of dough and is big demand on the concert/cabaret circut-in other words he has nothing to lose by singing a love song about another guy-especially if the original lyrics are about a guy. Other performers do this also. I lose a little respect for the performer each time this happens-how do you feel about it?

    • 4 replies
    • 1.4k views
  21. Started by TownsendPLocke,

    There is a hotel in Las Vegas that I am a frequent guest.I have stayed there since the month they opened and this last stay was my 20th stay there. Well I have had some real customer service issues at this property.The front desk folks are all smilley and nice-but they really seem to hate guest who have status with the national chain they belong to.I have caught them up in lies several times,I have also had arguments with junior manangers about the perks and promotions that the national chain promotes-only to have this property tell me incorrectly"no-sorry the rate you are staying at does not qualify"or some such nonsesnse.I write a letter to the GM's office,one of his j…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  22. Guest Conway
    Started by Guest Conway,

    Not me. The only folks that I would have hurt by doing that would be my co-workers and my company-both of whom are friendly to the cause.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.5k views
  23. Guest MonkeySee
    Started by Guest MonkeySee,

    Here is a clip from a newsweek article on gay marriage. The full article is: http://www.newsweek.com/id/172653?gt1=43002 Opponents of gay marriage often cite Scripture. But what the Bible teaches about love argues for the other side. Let's try for a minute to take the religious conservatives at their word and define marriage as the Bible does. Shall we look to Abraham, the great patriarch, who slept with his servant when he discovered his beloved wife Sarah was infertile? Or to Jacob, who fathered children with four different women (two sisters and their servants)? Abraham, Jacob, David, Solomon and the kings of Judah and Israel—all these fathers and heroes wer…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.8k views
  24. Started by Gaybutton,

    It isn't just Thailand, folks. Welcome to corruption, American style: _____ Illinois Governor Arrested in Obama Successor Probe AP - CHICAGO – Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich was arrested today on charges that accuse him of trying to benefit from his ability to appoint President-elect Barack Obama's replacement in the U.S. Senate. The U.S. Attorney in Chicago says federal investigators bugged Blagojevich's campaign offices and placed a tap on his home phone. At a news conference on Tuesday, U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald said the corruption charges represent "a truly new low." An FBI affidavit says the 51-year-old Democrat was intercepted on wiretap…

    • 11 replies
    • 3k views
  25. Guest MonkeySee
    Started by Guest MonkeySee,

    A Marilyn Monroe portrait by fashion photographer Bert Stern is up for auction next week at Christie auction house. This image by Stern is one of the last pictures of Marilyn before her death. The photograph could break the $63,000 U.S. mark set in 1994. Maybe you can put in a bid via the telephone?

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.