Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/09/us/polit...amp;oref=slogin I suspect that Obama will find it politic to forgive. I wouldn't. Particularly interesting is a statement from O'Reilly, who says that the he and his colleagues in sleaze will make sure their "oversight will be intense" over Obama. Using the strict standards set during the Bush tenure, no doubt. I take that to mean that if Obama doesn't say something stupid at least once a day and subvert the Constitution at least once a week, their judgment will be harsh.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. Guest topjohn5
    Started by Guest topjohn5,

    Stu Rasmussen was elected the first time in Silverton, Oregon it says as a man.....but then elected the next time as a "women".....That makes this one unique..... A little side note: I was a bank manager once long ago in this little town, hahaha....and it is a fairly conservative place! http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=6211839&page=1

    • 1 reply
    • 1.9k views
  3. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    I was moved by the classy eloquence of McCain's concession speech. There hadn't been much of that in evidence in the latter stages of his campaign. The election was lost by Bush, and I doubt that anything McCain could have done would have reversed that. Still, he might have come out of the debacle cleaner if he'd stuck to what originally got him the admiration he used to enjoy. At the other end of the spectrum we find Liddy Dole. I was never convinced by her patently fake airs of simpering Southern Ladyhood. The real self she showed in that last lying commercial lost her the election, I like to think. I don't know why I should be so viscerally glad of her defeat. …

  4. Guest twinklover
    Started by Guest twinklover,

    I loved the latest review of Ricky Cruz. For some of us who really love a beautiful twinky boy from time to time, I'm thrilled about Ricky Cruz and, yes, Damien Lucas and Ricky Flores (well, I like other things too, witness Aaron Mark in Vegas, Trey Thurston from Raleigh and Christian Owen in San Francisco). When you meet an awesome boy, be like our resident (Olympian?) member MarcAnthony. If people are half as good to their boys as he is, the boys will be very happy. :-) I'll just close with a RENTBOY plug. Rentboy events are always hot, with the Hustlaball parties in Vegas being the best I ever attended. The pics didn't copy over, but the text did (see below). We're …

  5. http://www.newsweek.com/id/167582

    • 0 replies
    • 1.7k views
  6. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    Male national leaders are, in the great majority, messes to look at. I nominate three who, to my mind, depart from the generality. There must be more, depending on tastes. Obama -- Top of the line. Lean swimmer's body, a manner so cool it's hot, handsome face, dazzling smile. I fantasize endless tongue duels. Putin -- Ol' Vlada's body is truly hunky. Great face. His sinister expression and hard taskmaster's demeanor promise a howling good time to adepts of chain and whip. Sarkozy -- An unquestionable hottie in younger days, now a bit careworn, but my instinct and an occasional flash of basket suggest to me that he has a dick like a horse. If his work habits ar…

    • 0 replies
    • 740 views
  7. Guest StevenDraker
    Started by Guest StevenDraker,

    From the AIDS/LifeCycle HQ It’s no secret that AIDS/LifeCycle participants are among the leaders in the fight against HIV/AIDS. Who else do you know who would voluntarily spend seven days on a bicycle seat, pedaling all the way from San Francisco to Los Angeles? It takes an extraordinary commitment to do this ride, either as a Cyclist or a Roadie, and an extraordinary commitment to raise $3,000 or $5,000 or $10,000 or more. We’re grateful for all that you do, and we’re here to support you in whatever way we can. World AIDS Day is the one day when individuals and organizations across the world join together to bring awareness to the global AIDS epidemic. We at …

    • 0 replies
    • 737 views
  8. Started by TotallyOz,

    Great movie and I really enjoyed it and so did the boys. It was missing several main characters which I am use to seeing in every Bond flick but it had a lot of action and some great scenes. Sadly, not too many gadgets. I once loved the gadgets. But, all in all a very nice movie and worth seeing.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.7k views
  9. Guest lvdkeyes
    Started by Guest lvdkeyes,

    I don't know if anyone is considering seeing DISASTER MOVIE, but I would strongly recommend against it. It is, by far, the worst movie I have ever seen, my BF agreed. Save your baht!!!

    • 3 replies
    • 2.6k views
  10. Why the hell they don't throw every one of those pieces of shit into jail goes beyond me! _____ AIG Execs' Retreat after Bailout Angers Lawmakers By ANDREW TAYLOR, Associated Press Writer Tue Oct 7 Days after it got a federal bailout, American International Group Inc. spent $440,000 on a posh California retreat for its executives, complete with spa treatments, banquets and golf outings, according to lawmakers investigating the company's meltdown. AIG sent its executives to the coastal St. Regis resort south of Los Angeles even as the company tapped into an $85 billion loan from the government it needed to stave off bankruptcy. The resort tab inclu…

    • 4 replies
    • 2.1k views
  11. Started by Gaybutton,

    "We're in the midst of a serious financial crisis . . ." George Bush Really? Thanks for letting us know. Three guesses who put us there in the first place.

    • 12 replies
    • 4.8k views
  12. Started by KhorTose,

    OBAMA WAS JUST DECLARED PRESIDENT ELECT OF THE USA. THE NIGHTMARE OF REPUBLICAN RULE IS OVER.

    • 5 replies
    • 2.8k views
  13. Started by TotallyOz,

    Ran across a word that I needed to know the meaning of and had to find some research on it. limn \LIM\, transitive verb: 1. To depict by drawing or painting. 2. To portray in words; to describe. Oh, yes, I write, as I limn the familiar perfections of his profile, "you look very well." -- Kimberly Elkins, "What Is Visible", The Atlantic, March 2003 In telling these people's stories Mr. Butler draws upon the same gifts of empathy and insight, the same ability to limn an entire life in a couple of pages. -- Michiko Kakutani, "Earthlings May Endanger Your Peaceful Rationality", New York Times, March 10, 2000 But used faithfully…

    • 3 replies
    • 2.5k views
  14. Started by TotallyOz,

    Brasilia - Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva on Wednesday described Democratic candidate Barack Obama's victory as an "extraordinary event" and asked the US president-elect to lift the decades-old embargo on communist Cuba. Lula said Obama's historic rise underlined the democratic aspects of US society. "It could only happen in a democratic regime in which society expresses itself." The Brazilian president also expressed a desire for the next US president to end the US-imposed embargo on Cuba. "We await the end of the blockade on Cuba, because there is no explanation for that blockade." Lula, however, also cautioned that there is "a very big difference betwe…

  15. Started by Gaybutton,

    If you are in the USA, you know what the best thing is about the election? No matter who wins, that's the end of all the political ads.

    • 3 replies
    • 2.3k views
  16. Started by TotallyOz,

    What is your favorite gay sites? What do you wake up to and find you have to visit. For me, other than this site, I will hit 365Gay, Xbiz and Gaydar. Any other sites I need to not miss?

  17. This guy was an American treasure-he will be greatly missed http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...3985&live=1

    • 1 reply
    • 1k views
  18. Started by TotallyOz,

    A new day is dawning and I wish his people the best in preparing for the coming years to come. It was a hard fight and I am many sacrificed a great deal. This historic election has captured the hearts of the world. I hope it really is the new beginning we have been promised.

  19. According to some hotly contested polls, race will cost Obama about 6 percentage points in the election. Is that possible? It does not seem likely to me but that is what is being said. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/12/weekinre.../12zernike.html

  20. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    I was there by 7:15, and the line was already around two corners and half-way down a long block. When I left an hour later it was longer yet. A poll worker told me she got there at 5:30 and already found a line. Even for an area that usually takes its voting resposibility pretty seriously, this is extreme. Unexpectedly, the process was essentially glitchless and fast. It makes me wonder what might have been if this many voters had been there in 2000 and 2004.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  21. Started by AdamSmith,

    The Most Accurate Election Forecast? Hardcore Gamblers Keith Thompson, Huffington Post Recently I was in Kentucky, reporting on horseracing for Garden & Gun. A "whale" (bettor of thousands of dollars per day) I interviewed, Mike Maloney, successfully traded securities, options and futures, but chose to go to the track every day instead because it offered him a greater challenge. "There are many, many, many more factors to consider in betting horseraces," he said. Maloney is a youthful fifty-two, with alert, light blue eyes and a cheerful demeanor. He doesn't chomp on a cigar. He's in no way a Damon Runyon character. I have reason to believe he's a sort of mathema…

  22. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    At the beginning of the show, Tina Fey as Palin and the real John McCain did their ad on QVC (a network in the US that only sells products all day long); also Cindy McCain makes an appearance here pushing McCain gold. http://widgets.nbc.com/o/4727a250e66f9723/...storeInPid=true During Weekend update, John McCain gave us his final campaign tactics (he was booed during this scene) http://widgets.nbc.com/o/4727a250e66f9723/...storeInPid=true This is an NBC film of the McCain’s being interviewed backstage after SNL: http://widgets.nbc.com/o/4727a250e66f9723/...storeInPid=true

    • 0 replies
    • 760 views
  23. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    I beg sympathy for the Manhattan child who longs to trick-or-treat but who lives in an apartment building. For all or most parents, venturing out to the street is unthinkable. So a sheet of paper is posted in the lobby requesting apartment numbers of tenants who don't mind kids coming to their doors. And so it transpires, lamely compared to what we're told real trick-or-treating is. Even more sympathy is due the one who knocks on the wrong door and may encounter the updated version of "Beat it, kid. Ya bodda me.".

    • 0 replies
    • 763 views
  24. Started by lookin,

  25. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    With apologies in advance, I call this a new slant on eating pussy: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/20...malwelfare.food

    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.