marcolastrauman

X Boys chsrging 500baht/ drink

Guest abang1961

Sorry I am a cheapskate ...

500 is wayyyyyyyy too expensive to see skinny boys on stage.

Sorry they can charge whatever they want but we the consumers, can ignore them altogether.

Why do you need to go to a bar to get an off when there are plenty of apps to know "fresh" meat?

Anyway we have seen the show once, do we want to endure the same routine again repeatedly?

Having never been to X Boys, I would like to hear if the show itself is really that special or not?

I went a couple of times to BoyzBoyzBoyz in August and the drinks there were 250 baht but there were some decent cock-shows and opportunities to get hands-on (for 100 baht tips).

I went to X Boys last night instead of Dreamboys. Dreamboys had a full house and as mentioned a bit on the expensive side.

We had a pretty good time at XBoys. They did some Halloween themed routines. Lots of hot boys and plenty of nudity. Not quite a full house. I have seen it busier. The drinks were 360.

It was a bit slower than I thought it would be on Soi Twilight. Halloween is so big in the US. It hasn't really caught on in Thailand, though each year seems to be growing a bit. Some heavy rain around 11pm probably didn't help. Soi 4 was packing them in.

I was invited, but didn't go, but sounded like it was going to be a big night at the discos . Many boys were talking about about going out dancing, and many were leaving work a bit early (midnight) to go out. All in all it was a fun night out. Lots of boys in good moods.

I did not go near Dreamboys / X boys last night, instead I went to some nearby bars and equally had a great time. I don't really enjoy SHOWS in the sense that I think I've seen them all. To the point that I usually go out if the show is starting and the mamasans are like "why are you leaving , the show is just starting", i just say that i'm there to look for boys not to watch shows. 

Anyway, last night was really a great time, one of the best sex i had in BKK, the kind of pampering i got from my boy was really amazing, it was not a hurried sex, very sensual and soooooooooo much kissing. hahaha. gosshh i try not to go crazy but it was really hot. I think I wan't to settle down. 

Dreamboys usually sets the standard in the Soi, not X-boys, so I wouldn't be surprised if they charge even more for drinks. I guess off fees will also rise accordingly, along with the "suggested" tip for the guys. Where will it all end?

for me in Bangkok Massage or Bonny's , I like shows and boys on  the stage but I rather have massage with body contact than a drink with just a view.

Sorry I am a cheapskate ...

500 is wayyyyyyyy too expensive to see skinny boys on stage.

Sorry they can charge whatever they want but we the consumers, can ignore them altogether.

Why do you need to go to a bar to get an off when there are plenty of apps to know "fresh" meat?

Anyway we have seen the show once, do we want to endure the same routine again repeatedly?

you are not, 500 is what freelancers at Saranrom are still charging so bars are close to out of hand pricing.

Apps have  a lot of advantages but actual human  interaction is not one of them, not everybody flying 10-20 hours does so in order to spend vacation time on the phone and computer.

And after coming that far shows are more interesting then for those who are 2 hrs hop away 

Having never been to X Boys, I would like to hear if the show itself is really that special or not?

I went a couple of times to BoyzBoyzBoyz in August and the drinks there were 250 baht but there were some decent cock-shows and opportunities to get hands-on (for 100 baht tips).

I'm not sure you realized that all talk here is about XBoys in Bangkok, not Pattaya ones.

It was report about show in XBoys Pattaya in one of threads today by Alkoe

That was Halloween, they probably had higher price for Halloween (similar in Saunas for special events). I guess it will be back to 350 now.

I made the mistake to go to meet a friend in Khao San. I don't like loud music and crowds, so it was just a passing "hello" and then leaving without even sitting down. The whole episode took me 25 min from one end of Khao San to the other.

Guest Jason105

Dream Boy was celebrating an anniversary last night and the drinks were 500 baht. After the show which had a few new acts you could take your drink downstairs where the shows continued. I was surprised by how few guys there were in costume. Guess Halloween is not quite the big deal it is in US. Side note: the music was so loud that I could feel my seat throbbing to the bass beat. I remember when we used to say "If the music 'scene too loud you're too old! " My ringing ears may be trying to tell me something. Will share some other observations in another post.

In my usual sense, if it's an anniversary the establishment should have 50% anniversary promo, and not 50% additional promo. haha. Well, I would say this is how they model their business. Being in Business Development I would say that if you believe that your service/product is worth that much, then by all means stick to that price, don not go for price war. haha.

I admit IMHO ,X Boys/ Dream boys stands will stand out if compared to the other bars in the area. 

Heading to Pattaya now

I went to Dream Boys on Halloween night and paid 500, the anniversary/special show price. My first thought, most places have sales/discounts/promotions for their anniversary; oh well, this is Thailand.

The show was nothing special, except the addition of the live sex show. The boys were the same, the dancers were the same, and the other varied shows had the same people as before. All in all, same-same, except the price. The added live sex show was nothing exciting for me. However, the Asian customers seemed to really enjoy the show because they gave out a lot of tips during the show.

After the second of five shows, I left the half empty upstairs bar and went down stairs. The downstairs bar was packed. Perhaps the people stayed inside to escape the heavy rain: who knows?

Was the show worth the price increase? For me, no; for others perhaps. Nevertheless, I was there. Next Halloween, drink prices 1,000? Ghostly!!

I admit IMHO ,X Boys/ Dream boys stands will stand out if compared to the other bars in the area. 

Heading to Pattaya now

I was always of the same opinion and expressed it in my reports but to my surprise in May I liked line up at  XSize much better. 

So may be those high prices are reducing number of offs and boys start moving away?

Enjoy your time in Pattaya and don't forget to report your findings.