Guest whall

Cambodia? Just got back from Thailand

Hello all...Its been about a month since I've been back from my wonderful trip to BKK and Patt.

I'm already planning to go back in 2016. I'd love to do about 4 or 5 days in Cambodia first.

Do they have the same type of sex tourism that Thailand had? It was just fantastic.

Any sites for Cambodia like this one that someone can recommend?

Thank you!

I'm not sure anywhere has it "like Thailand".

I'm headed there in a couple of weeks. There are a couple of saunas and massage places. And in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap a few gay bars. But no gogos. Certainly there is nothing on the scale of Bangkok and Pattaya. I'm guessing the hook up apps could be popular. I'll know for sure soon enough.

I think the reason to go to Cambodia is different. If you are just looking for sex tourism then Thailand is a better option.

If you look in the "world" or other country forums on this site and the other gay Thailand sites you will find some Cambodia info.

The main reason to visit Cambodia is to see the stupendous ancient and natural sights. The guys are very handsome like everywhere else...some South Asian mixed in which I like. 

On my previous visits I don't recall any hanky panky but it's been a few years since my last visit and the hook up apps weren't around then. I did visit the gay bars in Phnom Penh. Definitely some hustler/mb's there. Blue Chili was a bit more laid back than the other one I went to. But that was a while ago.

utopia-asia.com has fairly up to date listings for venues and so forth.

These gay guys have a blog of their travels including a lot of time in SE Asia http://nomadicboys.com/category/travel-diary/southeast-asia/cambodia/

I've just returned from a 3-night stay in Siem Reap. My original intention was to visit the Preah Vihear temple ruins straddling Cambodia & Thailand border where their army boys exchanged gunfires some years ago. Alas I was not able to join any group tours due to low demand, and I wasn't prepared to do it alone.

Nevertheless, I had a great time with three other tourists in a group tour by car to Kulen mountain, about 50km outside the city. We were taken to the waterfalls, and a temple at the peak. In fact the highlight of the trip was swimming at the waterfalls amongst tourists & locals. Especially memorable was the incident when a novice monk in his monk swimming habit scrambled up the rocks and sat himself on my left thigh as we enjoyed the water falling from above. His friends sat on either side of me. The locals are spontaneously friendly!

As it was a repeat visit to Siem Reap for me, I did not go to any of the temples, but instead spent half a day at the national museum , and walking around the streets & riverside. The weather was clear throughout, and very hot in the afternoon.

As for massage, I decided to help the blind masseurs, who gave me strong massages for US6 per hour. I did pop into Linga bar for tea, after dinner of crocodile meat in one of the restaurants at Pub Street. There were a few toned guys waiting for customers outside the pub, but only a couple of them offered massage services. From what I remember on the menu was something over USD20 for 60 minutes. But I didn't ask if that includes extras.

As for apps for meeting guys, those were very useful if you're into moneyboys, who were generally very coy to show their private parts. Those who worked in saunas would invite you there, whereas others offered to come to your room, with USD30-40 being the oft quoted figures.

I did not encounter any problems bringing one to the hotel room.

Speaking of hotel rooms, if you book online, most hotels will offer a free pickup from the airport. Going to the airport by tuk2 cost USD4-5. I paid around USD20 per night for a comfortable room in a hotel with a small swimming pool, which I found refreshing during the late afternoon after the tours.

Thanks guys! So it sounds like it isn't like Thailand with the money boys being everywhere and the gogo clubs with the numbers. I'm wanting to go for Angkor Wat. I'll just have to save the sex part for bkk and patt. Lol

I visited Siem Reap a couple of years ago; Angkor Wat and the other temples are great. On my last evening I discovered a sauna in Siem Reap called Men's Sauna. During the day it is a gay resort/spa but at night it opens as a sauna. It is very difficult to find so maybe it is best to take a tuk-tuk? The facilities are very good. There were not many guys there but I had some fun. First a young Cambodian guy asked me if I could help him; he took me into a room and told me he was leaving soon and could I fuck him before he left...well what can you do but be polite :acute:Later I met another handsome young guy who ended up staying the night with me and taking me to the airport on his motorbike the next morning. He didn't ask for money but I gave him some American dollars to pay for his room rent and for petrol. 

Finding MBs in the Blue Chilli in Phonom Penh has worked for me on all 3 previous visits.

Going back about 8 years Siem Reap used to have quite a number of them in Linga bar, but on my last visit, I didn't see a single one.

The number of Cambodians working in Thailand seems to have increased during that time.

What you can reliably get in Siem Reap is a massage.

It is best to go to Cambodia for the sightseeing & expect some fun at night, but not quite with the scale or consistency of Bangkok..

I posted some comprehensive reports on numerous trips to Cambodia over on sawatdeenetwork, so I won't repeat the information here.

It's certainly harder to find guys in Cambodia compared to Thailand, but you can still have heaps of sex of you know where to look.

I found that in Phnom Pehn money boys are only available at Blue Chilli on Friday and Saturday nights. Weeknights were very quiet. I never saw any at Rainbow Bar or 2 Colours Bar. One of the guys working at the Space Bar told me he could organise guys for me, but I never took up his offer.

In Cambodia the easiest way to get laid is to go to a massage place. The Hatha Khmer massage places on PP and SR are great.

In PP I stayed at Arthur and Paul Hotel. I've stayed there three times - it's awesome! It's 100% gay. And just around the corner from the massage place. They have a sauna / pool/ jacuzzi and it's open to the locals. It's particularly busy Saturday afternoons and evenings.

In Vientiane in Laos the two guy bars were a waste of time, but I did have fun at the massage place across the road from the Novotel Hotel. Nothing at all in Luang Prabang.

Laos is a lovely place to visit, but difficult to find company.

On my first trip to Vientiane (-7 years ago ?), there used to be MBs around one of the fountains in the town centre. I hooked up with one and went off on the back of his motorcycle to some suburban short time hotel. Prior to a shower, he carefully removed his underwear with a towel wrapped around his waist to protect his modesty. Just as I was thinking this wasn't a good start, he followed me to the shower, dropped the towel and joined me in the shower. A good time was had.

In Luang Prabang I met one 30 something guy in the semi-gay bar that used to be opposite the Lao Lao Garden restaurant & we went off to his room.
Maybe a couple of massages with HE in Vientiane as well.  

The waiters at the Lao Lao garden were remarkably handsome, making it a nice place to dine. .

On the secont trip.
Pakse: No action
Savannakhet: Met one guy on Planet Romeo and went off to the word's most rustic sauna for some quiet fun.
Vientiane: No hotel action. Could have hooked up with a fit, but hopelessly drunk local in the gay bar on one night. Declined that.  Met a more promising guy on the second night, but he was just back from Phuket and demanding over 1500 baht short time. I would have paid it, but I also got the feeling he would under deliver so did not take him up on it.
Did find a mixed massage place with a number of handsome boys outside. Walked up to the one I liked and asked for a massage. Knowing no farang ever speaks Laos, the one girl on the till said something to the other including the words "chuck wow".
He was great, radiant smile took all his clothes off (after I started the process), great massage. Seemed very pleased when I tipped him almost $10.
On the next visit, he jumped up out of his seat & greeted me with a big smile.  

I am headed to the area next week. 

I'm returning to Luang Prabang (first visit was 7 or 8 years ago), then flying down to the south and taking a cruise down the Mekong, a couple of days around Bolaven Plateau, fly to Siem Reap (another return visit) for several days including a visit to Koh Ker, Beng Mealea and  Preah Vihear (overnighting there), driving down from SR to Phhom Penh with stops along the way at various sights before flying back to Thailand....Christmas in Pattaya for a few days, then Bangkok for a few days. 

My guess is that things will be quiet in Laos, but I will have a little more time free in SR so we'll see how that goes. Seems to be several guys there active on Gay Romeo.

Savannakhet: Met one guy on Planet Romeo and went off to the word's most rustic sauna for some quiet fun.

Can you elaborate on the sauna in Savannakhet?

I have been to basic mixed gender saunas in Vientiane and Luang Prabang, out of total 4 visits combinded I chatted with one cute boy in Luang Prabang in the sauna.