Alizizou

hotel fee

yes difficult to understand, at least with western logic. Might be because:

- the guest is not registered and therefore doesn't qualify as the second person the room was booked for. If you register your guest, there should be no fee, though of course then you are stuck with that registerd guest, and bringing others on other days will not work, or rather incur the "joiner fee"

- they want to discourage bringing "guests" to the rooms (for whatever reason, maybe because they don't want to be seen as supporting prostitution)

- make some extra money off of the sex tourist

- some inecplicable Thai logic

Well if that's how the Wall Street behave, cancel your booking right now and go for another hotel.

If possible, make sure they know why you cancel.

There are loads of hotels which don't charge these joiners fees.

Tq for your information..how about nantra place?

Nantra Silom is definitely NOT charging any guest fees, in fact they don't care at all whom you bring and when. 

You will be charged 200 baht if you request an additional towel which will be a case of threesome or if you bring another guest on the same day and you want him to have a fresh towel.

Firecat is right, chances of  having fee problem are minimal as long as you pay for double room .

Those hotels who charge such a fee should be publicly shamed here so we will not be supporting them.

Tq..i already cancelled my booking at wall street inn n now make reservation at nantra silom..

Good decision. 

No one should stand for joiner fees, if they have already paid for a double room.

Nantra Silom is definitely NOT charging any guest fees, in fact they don't care at all whom you bring and when. 

You will be charged 200 baht if you request an additional towel which will be a case of threesome or if you bring another guest on the same day and you want him to have a fresh towel.

Firecat is right, chances of  having fee problem are minimal as long as you pay for double room .

Those hotels who charge such a fee should be publicly shamed here so we will not be supporting them.

Lot cheaper to buy towels on the street and throw them away!

Whilst the 200 baht for the third towel is a little bit steep, at least it is a genuine extra, so some kind of fee might be justifiable in a budget hotel.

The 1000 baht joiners fee is paying extra for something you already paid for. That's not justifiable. 

For joiners fees, perhaps we should compile a blacklist & white list ?

Lot cheaper to buy towels on the street and throw them away!

or let boy take it for home use

but as z909 note , at least this is justified  charge for genuine extra

cheaper way of obtaining extra towel is to talk   to a cleaning lady with wink and say, 50 baht note 

There is security guard downstairs at Raya, will he check the boys ID?

not when he walked in with me , possibly if boy will be coming alone but he will have access to floor 5 only where reception is .

All other floors are accessible with card only.

Security guard is absent quite often anyways 

I wonder why some hotel in bangkok ask fee for customer guest when the customer is already pay the room for two person..

Pure greediness by hotel management, fleecing some unsuspecting tourists. Similar charging guests for WiFi. Should not be supported.

Same for displaying prices in menus in restaurant with a footnote that they are subjected to VAT and service charge. In civilized countries, such practices are outlawed.

Another thing to look out for is minimum age. Malaysia hotel has introduced a minimum age of 20 years for guests to rooms (this is merely hotel policy, not based on any law), I don't know other hotels that have 20 years minimum age, but 18 years for obvious reasons.

In Thai hotels, it does not seem to matter how many people you bring in. I had three cases (Pattani, Nakon Sawan, Uthai Thani) where I paid for a room with double bed, and three people slept in it. No questions from staff. I guess when the Thais travel, they will stay with a whole family in a room that is designed for two guests.