abidismaili

Do we go to Thailand because we do not settle for less?

Guest cdnmatt

Without reading any of the replies, I have to say I disagree with your OP.

Have you never been truly in love before, and had that love returned?  I mean, yes, when I'm looking for a BF I need to be sexually attracted to them, and I think same goes for everyone.  And I'm generally quite picky on physical appearance, and only want the best of the best.  However, love is a pretty blinding thing, so once I've fallen in love and we're living together and so on, then physical appearance means nothing to me.

I've only been in two long-term relationships in my life (one farang husband, one Thai BF), but both were the same.  Of course upon initially getting to know each other I want someone who is good looking, but upon falling in love and getting into a serious relationship, then that no longer matters.

Heck, I remember Kim's friends would keep telling him how fat he's gotten, but I never personally seen it.  When I looked at him, he was still as gorgeous as the day I met him in my eyes.  Again, love is blinding.  Seriously, I had no clue why his friends considered him fat, because he wasn't at all.  But then he was about 67kg, so I'm guessing he must have been at least a little chubby by then, but I just didn't see it.

In short, I'd say the majority of people very much differentiate between making love to someone and having sex with someone, and most prefer the former.

Bkkguy makes some mistakes in his reasoning.

pot and kettle anybody ...

Since females did not experience selection pressure to like only young (females can much more easily get aroused by a 40 or 50 year old) this means many feminine gays (more or less females in a male body) can indeed get aroused by mature men

Darwin must be spinning in his grave - a handful of aging sexpats trying to justify their personal preferences as scientific theory

and while we are all having it off with 25 year olds we are I assume all on a Paleo diet as according to our genes are all still hunter/gathers?

bkkguy

In short, I'd say the majority of people very much differentiate between making love to someone and having sex with someone, and most prefer the former.

If you read what the OP wrote, he makes a distinction between a relationship and having sex.  And his comment was mainly about having sex, in particular with being aroused by the attractiveness of the other person.

Of course you can have sex with someone who is not attractive.  And someone unattractive can arouse you, all he needs is to be able to give a good blow job.

It is difficult to generalize if people prefer to make love or to have sex.  This depends on the circumstances. There are times when one is desperate for sex,  and then for some the only consolation is to make love with the old partner, which is what the OP was saying.

Darwin must be spinning in his grave - a handful of aging sexpats trying to justify their personal preferences as scientific theory

and while we are all having it off with 25 year olds we are I assume all on a Paleo diet as according to our genes are all still hunter/gathers?

bkkguy

Your "while WE are all having it off with 25 year olds" confirms that you are one of the "aging sexpats" having sex with young boys. If so, what pleasure you get in insulting the very group you belong to?

What is wrong if some who have your same traits like to explain their acts with an evolutionary theory?  Why you want to contradict them with some twisted arguments you concoct in your masochism to feel bad about yourself?

It turns out that the OP thinking is in line with Darwin. It's too late to ask Darwin if he would prefer to have sex with younger boys or men his age,  but he would strongly agree that there is a reason that young adults are much more seductive than old folks. Young genetic material is of better quality than old one.

If the young are more seductive, then it makes sense that one is more aroused by the young.  Or not?  

What is wrong if some ... like to explain their acts with an evolutionary theory?

sometimes nothing, but you have about as much understanding of and respect for evolutionary theory as the Creationists do - perhaps you and your "scientific" friends here should get together and start a group to pressure governments to start teaching your "theory" in schools!

bkkguy

Guest cdnmatt
What is wrong if some who have your same traits like to explain their acts with an evolutionary theory?  Why you want to contradict them with some twisted arguments you concoct in your masochism to feel bad about yourself?

Please don't tell me you seriously believe you're more evolved than your peers because you travel / moved half-way across the world to have sex with young, cheap, starving prostitutes.  You really believe you have stronger DNA than your peers because of this?

Ummm...  I don't know, I'm lost for words on that one, lol

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking you or anything.  Hell, I'm a pervert too, I know that, and I'm completely fine with it.  I don't want sex with some same-age guy in his mid-30s.  I'd much prefer the cute 20 year old twink, with a nice plump bubble butt that curves perfectly from his back to his thighs.  That's much more to my liking.

Or if you want to get into theories, how about instead of us having better DNA than our peers, from my experience, most of us end up here due to failed relationship and / or life in West.  When you life falls apart in that manner, it's a natural human reaction and a defense mechanism.  Our minds are telling us we don't want to get hurt in that manner again, so we turn directions, and search for the complete opposite in life, hence we end up here.

I know that's how I ended up here.  After my first relationship fell apart, I wanted something completely different, which is why I pursued Kim.  I figured a poor, uneducated Issan rice farmer would be perfect -- I figured it'd be a nice, simple relationship filled with pure love, would be easy to keep him happy, without worrying about all the complicated BS my previous relationship had.  BTW...  boy, was I ever wrong, lol. :)

I now find myself doing the same thing again.  Previous two relationships were with really cool, fun, life loving, adventerous type.  Now I'm eyeing up a nanotechnologist of all people, who's probably the biggest geek you could imagine, because my mind is telling me he could provide the stability in life I'm looking for.  Now that I've been burned twice with the cool, life loving guys, my mind went in the complete opposite direction again, and now I'm going for the boring, geeky guy.

That's the way the human mind works.  It's a natural defense mechanism.

sometimes nothing, but you have about as much understanding of and respect for evolutionary theory as the Creationists do - perhaps you and your "scientific" friends here should get together and start a group to pressure governments to start teaching your "theory" in schools!

bkkguy

Can you please explain what is wrong in my evolutionary explanation? I know quite well how this theory works.

Women below 40 are fertile. If you as a male have lust for 40+ your genes will not make it to the next generation.

If you like 16-25 your genes will make it easily, those females are very fertile. In prehistoric hunter-gatherer societies 30+ was old, you died around 40, so for humanity to survive males had to like 16-25.

So it is not strange males have dna to make them like young sexually ripe bodies. Other dna would mean humanity would cease to exist.

Guest cdnmatt

Can you please explain what is wrong in my evolutionary explanation?

Couple holes I can think of.  Gay people don't reproduce, and an 8yo child having a 70yo father who's confined to a walker / wheel chair and can't take proper care of his son probably isn't the best thing for the gene pool?

EDIT:  Oh, and according to this research study, our DNA changes as we get older, hence if we're making babies when we're 65, we're probably not passing along our best & strongest DNA.

http://genetics.thetech.org/original_news/news91

EDIT 2:  Oh, and the fact that the chance of us making babies lessens as we get older to the point it becomes impossible is maybe an indication too that older folks are not supposed to be donating to the human gene pool.

bkkguy

Oh sage,

maybe it would be more productive if instead of your heavy cynicism you give some explanation of why we are wrong, in your opinion?

Please don't tell me you seriously believe you're more evolved than your peers because you travel / moved half-way across the world to have sex with young, cheap, starving prostitutes.  You really believe you have stronger DNA than your peers because of this?

Thank you.  I should feel flattered because you seem to be dreaming about me.  :)

Only in your dreams could I have said something that justifies your comment above.  In real life, I don't pretend to be more evolved than anyone else or have any stronger DNA.  Also, I have never encountered a starving prostitute.  I like slim bodies, but not starving ones. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking you or anything.  Hell, I'm a pervert too, I know that, and I'm completely fine with it.  I don't want sex with some same-age guy in his mid-30s.  I'd much prefer the cute 20 year old twink, with a nice plump bubble butt that curves perfectly from his back to his thighs.  That's much more to my liking.

Or if you want to get into theories, how about instead of us having better DNA than our peers, from my experience, most of us end up here due to failed relationship and / or life in West.  When you life falls apart in that manner, it's a natural human reaction and a defense mechanism.  Our minds are telling us we don't want to get hurt in that manner again, so we turn directions, and search for the complete opposite in life, hence we end up here.

I am glad that you recognize to be driven by the same inclinations that we have, and that you are fine with this.

I share your theory that failed relationships in the west drives many westerners to Thailand in search for better partners. This does not invalidate our theory that many also come here FOR BETTER SEX.  This is my case.

Long time ago I was in a marriage that failed. It was not a disaster but a learning experience that left me with an excellent child. My second relationship has now been going on for 19 years, and it is successful.  He is about 20 years younger than me, and has many of the qualities that I lack. We complement each other.  But It is an "open" relationship where sex is not the reason we are together.  I am not monogamous, and so I periodically travel overseas in search of satisfying sex in the places I think it is the best.  And BKK is one of my preferred destinations.

So I'm not talking about hypothetical cases, but about my own experience.  I hope that both you and me we can keep finding satisfaction in this nice land that offers so much.

Couple holes I can think of.  Gay people don't reproduce, and an 8yo child having a 70yo father who's confined to a walker / wheel chair and can't take proper care of his son probably isn't the best thing for the gene pool?

EDIT:  Oh, and according to this research study, our DNA changes as we get older, hence if we're making babies when we're 65, we're probably not passing along our best & strongest DNA.

http://genetics.thetech.org/original_news/news91

EDIT 2:  Oh, and the fact that the chance of us making babies lessens as we get older to the point it becomes impossible is maybe an indication too that older folks are not supposed to be donating to the human gene pool.

Gay males are biologically male, they have the same dna as hetero males for most important functions, for a penis and the dna to like young sexually mature bodies. The 'hole' you found is no 'hole'. The second remark that dna changes is highly controversial and not generally accepted among biologists. Most deny this happens. Sometimes I have the idea I am the only one in these forums with a reasonable education.

Guest cdnmatt

No reason to get angry.  You're the one who's basically implying that a 65yo male pumping his semen into a 19yo males ass is somehow benefical to the human civilization due to Darwin's theory of evolution is, well...  a bit of a stretch.

Again, don't get me wrong, I have no problem with it.  As long as you're both consenting adults, I could care less what you do in the bedroom.  Hell, I'm here for the twinks too.  I don't care for anal, but nonetheless, I definitely like the twinks.

However, I don't believe I'm benefitting the human civilization by having gay sex with a cute 19 year old.

No reason to get angry.  You're the one who's basically implying that a 65yo male pumping his semen into a 19yo males ass is somehow benefical to the human civilization 

Where did I ever imply it is beneficial to human civilization when I fuck Thai 19yo males??

How can you read what I wrote in such a strange way?

I say it is far more normal to feel sexual attraction to a 20 year old, than it is to feel it for a 40 year old. And I give evolution as reason how this evolved.

And I am also convinced most gay couples age 40 and above who have sex together do not feel sexually attracted to their partner. They just have sex without the sexual attraction (they can settle for less). And yes, there are exceptions. I am talking about the rule, not the exceptions.

However, I don't believe I'm benefitting the human civilization by having gay sex with a cute 19 year old.

Oh...  you and your boy are not members of the human civilization ?

But if you and your boy are and you benefit yourselves having this gay sex,  don't you benefit the human civilization?

Guest cdnmatt

Well, 1)  I don't have a "boy" (I hate that term) right now, and 2) if/when I do again, I'm not going to believe we're benefiting human civilization on an evolutionary scale by having sex.  Again, gay people don't generally reproduce, so our DNA isn't getting re-introduced to the gene pool.

And, I'm done with this thread.  This is a little absurd now.

I don't believe I'm benefitting the human civilization by having gay sex with a cute 19 year old.

As this is presumably sex with consent, there is a small benefit to civilization, as he is happy to receive your money & you are happy to participate as well.

I guess Thai GDP goes up by at least 1000 baht, although I suspect it has no effect on their measured GDP.  We all know true GDP is more important than measured GDP.

Of course this is much better for civilisation than straight sex for breeding purposes, as you are not contributing to the obscene population problem. 

So in conclusion, it does more for civilization than some alternatives.

Well, 1)  I don't have a "boy" (I hate that term) right now, and 2) if/when I do again, I'm not going to believe we're benefiting human civilization on an evolutionary scale by having sex.  Again, gay people don't generally reproduce, so our DNA isn't getting re-introduced to the gene pool.

And, I'm done with this thread.  This is a little absurd now.

Well, maybe what is a little absurd is to think that all our acts have to "benefit human civilization on an evolutionary scale".

When I eat ice cream I'm not benefiting anything on an evolutionary scale, but I'm enjoying myself, which, in reality, should be the goal of evolution.  If evolution does not bring more joy... what is it good for?

When you are having sex with your boy  young male you are defying an absurd condemnation by homophobic and religious fanatics,  and by this you are doing something positive for good evolution.

Guest cdnmatt

Ok, and this is just getting dumber, because you quite obviously have no idea what the world "evolution" means, which is the entire premise of the OP and this thread.

Guest abang1961

Ok cut some slack and chill.

There is seriously pointless to "debate" in this forum as this is social media..believe in 50% of what you read.

For most farangs, Thailand is affordable, relaxing and rewarding despite the long flights involved.

To the Thais, we bring in the much-needed foreign exchange.  They welcome us with opening arms knowing that we have FAT wallets and probably FAT waistlines.  To the more impoverished folks, they are envious of our electronic gadgets and our generosity towards them.  After all,  prices are less expensive than we would be paying at home.  So, just enjoy the sights and sound, the companionship provided and not to think beyond the lines.  

World Peace and bring in the tourist dollar to Thailand and other parts of South East Asia (Singapore needs you too!)