paulsf

Pattaya Marriott no longer Marriott

Shy and Pattaya   - now there's two words that should really never have to be put together in the same sentence.......There's nothing we could think or do that hasn't been done a million times before, so don't waste your time and holiday with shy, get up and get on with whatever makes you happy, it's not like anyone there REALLY cares :-)  

( * assuming you're not doing anything particularly offensive of course that is as then you might find that they start to care "a bit" :-) 

Shy and Pattaya   - now there's two words that should really never have to be put together in the same sentence...

of course you are right but in more mainstream hotels one may be wary of getting unfavorable comments from other guests and this is where shy part comes to. Not everybody is inclined to pick up fights with strangers.

I'm privy to story of guy who tried to economize on hotels and found cheap place in soi Bukaow , when marching with his boy through the lobby he got an earful from very supposedly straight patrons there.

Some of us don't like girls in our bars , some straights may not like gays in their hotels

I have stayed in a hotel directly above a straight gogo bar & the only comments were flattering ones from the bar girls to my latest boy.

Gay & straight hotels are OK. The type of hotel I would avoid is that frequented by Arabs, Indians, Russians or young backpackers. Primarily because of their reputation for noisy partying.

For what it is worth, not many young British go to Pattaya, but if they did, I would also want to not share a hotel with them.

Guest sattahip

Effective Nov 1 the Pattaya Marriott will be rebranded Avani. It was a great place to use my points. Stayed there many times. Will be missed.

A new Marriot Renaisance Resort and Spa is about halfway through construction on the beach in Ban Amphur which is about 15 kms south of Pattaya. Maybe good for using your points.

Guest TK2526

I am writing to you on behalf of Pattaya Marriott Resort & Spa.

We would like to inform you that with effect from Tuesday November 1, 2016, the hotel will no longer be associated with the Marriott brand but will continue normal operations under the same ownership as the AVANI Pattaya Resort & Spa.

This change does not affect your existing reservations which will be fully honored by the hotel however; certain conditions such as earning Marriott Rewards points will not be applicable beyond November 1, 2016.

We encourage you to call the hotel directly at +66 038 412 120 or contact the hotel via email at pattaya@avanihotels.comshould you need to re-confirm, change or cancel your current room accommodations.

Alternatively, you may contact Marriott reservations at +66 2 656 7700 or via the internet at www.marriott.com or via your booking agent prior to November 1, 2016.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may cause to you.

Once again, I would like to assure you that your existing agreement shall not be affected by this change. I also hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you to a Marriott Hotel in the near future.

Guest ryanasia

Dear TK2526,

Please disregard the shenanigans that some of us members talk about in regards to what we do in hotel rooms on this site. We were just exaggerating. 

Guest ronnie4you

My fist visit to Pattaya, there was no Royal Garden,just a sign  that the mall was coming. We stayed in a motel that would be in front of where the mall now is.

I did stay once or twice at the Royal Garden after it opened. The A/C at the Ambiance was giving me a sinus infection. I don't know how often they change the filters. There wasn't much atmosphere at the Royal Garden. Later I stayed there when it became Marriott. Except for better breakfasts, I didn't see much change.

Guest ryanasia

The rooms are boxes but the pool and bar is good. I stayed elsewhere and paid I think around 500 Baht to use the pool. It is an oasis in the otherwise bleak day time landscape of Pattaya.

To put it in perspective the pool on the top of Mike's mall was the other public pool and I wouldn't bathe my dog in that.