Guest ryanasia

Fraud warning

Guest ryanasia

I would normally put this in the GR section but this is important enough to do it here. The user atthisit253 took a bank card from me and made out with around 15,000 Baht from fraudulent charges. Unfortunately the bank card I am issued doesn't use a nam on it so it is easy to scam. I don't care about the money but beware of this guy.

He has obviously blocked my profile so i can't give you profile pictures. i can give you other pictures but they won't match. Anyway be very careful of this profile. If it was csh on the night stand I wouldn't bother to report but he took atm cards and this is something I have never been exposed to in all my years here.

I made a rookie mistake and I admit this but you need to stay away from this guy. It isn't the Burmese guy if that's what people are thinking. I didn't involve the police and can only hope he cleans his act up. Pretty short sighted move when I was willing to help.

Thai ATM cards here don't have your name embossed on them and this can be dangerous. Anyway just a heads up and protect your cards. I thought I knew this guy he had been to my place many times and I was somewhat shocked at the audacity. I am ashamed to admit it but felt I had to say something so others know.

Ugh. Sorry to hear that! We probably all have horror stories like these. I hope you can get the stuff back or money from him. I hate when scammers get away with stuff.

Guest ryanasia

Normally I wouldn't do this for a misunderstanding. I didn't call the police because it isn't worth the time. I did text him and tell him I called the police however. The cards are cancelled of course. 

Guest ryanasia

right thanks for your advice. there were two farang in the condo and we let things slip. He obviously deleted the profile but thanks for the insinuation that I am being less than truthful.

He obviously deleted the profile but thanks for the insinuation that I am being less than truthful.

Perfect!  Despite the fact that the way I worded the post could have been interpreted in a great many ways, I knew I was going to see a post from you saying that. 

Others may believe and sympathize with you, but since you couldn't help writing that response, yes - I see right through you and you can't stand it.

If it was csh on the night stand I wouldn't bother to report but he took atm cards and this is something I have never been exposed to in all my years here.

I made a rookie mistake and I admit this but you need to stay away from this guy.

I feel badly for anyone who gets ripped off, but I'm a little surprised that it happened to you. A first-timer might be less cautious, but you'd said in your "Ask a former money boy anything" thread that you were in the business yourself ("I have worked all over the USA, Europe, Tokyo, and a little bit in Thailand back in the day"). But again, sorry if you were taken advantage of. 

I am confused what a bank card is that you refer to. ATM card is useless unless you were stupid enough to give him your pin. If it was a cc then you call the company and report the fraud and you lose nothing.  

I never heard of a CC where your name is not on it .  I don't get the whole report.

I have known guys for years but trust

None of them when it comes to money

Or my security. Sad but necessary.

My room is on complete lockdown and

Ready before i bring guests.

Sure there are still risks but gonna

Make very difficult for them.

Some guys may disregard long term gains

For quick easy theft.

right thanks for your advice. there were two farang in the condo and we let things slip. He obviously deleted the profile but thanks for the insinuation that I am being less than truthful.

I don't see that GayButton insinuated anything against you.  That must be a misinterpretation. 

I had my issues with him, but I recognize that he is a decent guy.

I am confused what a bank card is that you refer to. ATM card is useless unless you were stupid enough to give him your pin. If it was a cc then you call the company and report the fraud and you lose nothing.

I never heard of a CC where your name is not on it . I don't get the whole report.

Thai ATM cards nowadays are usually Visa, MasterCard or Union Pay debit cards. Unfortunately, unless you reduce that particular limit to zero with your bank, they can be used for purchases at shops without the PIN code (signature only, and no clerk bothers to check). Many people don't know.

Thai credit cards, on the other hand, do have the cardholder's name embossed just like anywhere else. Still, no clerk would stop a Somchai making a purchase with a card issued to an Alex, so that alone doesn't help much either.

Ryan, if you have his phone number, you can probably still contact him using line or whatsapp.  

As far as being blocked on Planetromeo, I have 5 different log-on names on Planet romeo.  If I am blocked on one name I use a different name to view their profile.

Some members of these forums have me blocked from their Planet Romeo profiles.  I didn't know it until I was swiping through Planet Romeo and found that I was blocked by a stranger.  I used another account to see who was blocking me and found it was a fellow board member.

If you should ever want to track someone down in Thailand, It is not too difficult if you ever feel it is worth the effort.

I'm sorry for your loss.  I was in your shoes.

I have a Thai bank debit card/ATM which has no name on the front but it has a signature strip on the back.

I agree with Alexx that I have never noticed a cashier in a shop checking the signature against the signed receipt (in any case it probably isn't too difficult to copy the signature when you have seen it on the signature slip) so I assume if someone stole the card, without the pin number they couldn't extract cash but they probably could use it to buy goods.

Guest rappa999

gaybutton is only trying to get even as he lost the last sparring match on here with the OP as he never managed to get the last word, clash of egos and internet silliness!

Ryanasia is an excellent and interesting poster on here and why anyone would doubt his story?

I'm just new to this lifestyle and have lots to learn, met a guy from GR recently, a very popular one who I imagine most of you have been with as he's gorgeous and someone even posted his photo on here in the "sexy moneyboy" discussion anyway after seeing him twice, thought maybe we got along ok, he contacted and said he needed 2000b for his mama and could he borrow it, I didn't believe him but as I liked him and the fact he said he'd give me his I.D card for security so gave him it, he never paid me back, started playing hard to get and promised to come round and spend the night in repayment but never showed, very strange behaviour, I.D's must be easy to replace?

I contacted him on my last day and told him to come and get his I.D card and was 2000b down, a lesson learned.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me that they have an atm card where a Pin is not needed. I don't believe there is such a thing.

I'm also waiting for someone to tell me that they have a CC where a simple call to the company does not erase the bogus charge immediately. I have done this numerous times all around the world. Cards from every bank and AMEX, Diners etc all protect you against unauthorized charges .  At most you can be liable for a very small amount of money.

Happened to me recently. Someone used the card to purchase stereo equipment online. 1 call charge was erased and I assume the crook gone after.

Bottom line the story makes no sense ,as far as actually losing anything , unless it was an ATM card and the person had the pin.