hurstwickham

Jupiter becomes two.

As for walking with the boy in tow, nothing in book says you need to do this , tell him to follow you or that you will follow him at some distance and it should work. Old Jupiter was much mere discreet location when comes to that

As the boys walk along the runway, it's easy to get a good view. They wear camo themed shirts and pants with most of the guys taking their shirts off.

I counted over 30 guys and most were athletic to muscular with plenty of six-packs on display. I recognized some of the guys from the old Jupiter (including Mehkin formerly of Tawan) but there were familiar faces from other bars like X Boys and Screwboys.

No thanks. I can see fully dressed, or some shirtless, elsewhere for free.

I should go to the Bangkok bars more (or rather: go there at all) to see who is in the trade. Yesterday I saw a boy whom I would take for free in a sauna, and then learnt from a friend that that boy is money boy and would be available for 4000 Baht (sic!). Another boy (friend of the money boy) who showed an interest in me (but too fat for my taste) told me he is currently unemployed, but used to work as dancer before.

Guest DThump

Was at Jupiter Soi 4 last night......place tottally full up with Chinese tourists about 20% woman.....8 boys on stage...confirm drinks are 250....see no reason to return.

It seems that they've arrived on a sustainable business plan. It may not be the plan some would prefer but we don't have to worry about paying the rent and other expenses.  To start a bar in a high-rent, high-visibility location like Soi 4, you need to promote to the those with both the baht and the interest. To omit half the potential audience would be unwise. The Chinese figure huge in that equation as the German who runs Dreamboys on Twilight has learned.

Guest DThump

It seems that they've arrived on a sustainable business plan. It may not be the plan some would prefer but we don't have to worry about paying the rent and other expenses. To start a bar in a high-rent, high-visibility location like Soi 4, you need to promote to the those with both the baht and the interest. To omit half the potential audience would be unwise. The Chinese figure huge in that equation as the German who runs Dreamboys on Twilight has learned.

You are correct it is a very successful business model, it cetainly is not a gay venue but more like a freak show for the Chinese, there is actually what is like an admission both on the outside of the bar enterance!

It does feel something like Chippendales with all the women and many of the guys obviously favoring them. It used to bother me but I just change my strategy and go before the tour groups arrive. I'm really just going to look at attractive guys and occasionally take one home. They certainly like my baht just as much.

This past weekend was another Chinese holiday (dragon boat days) so Silom was full up. DJ Station was packed. Gotten to the point that it's good to check the PRC holiday schedule.

Well a447a, as chance may have it, I stopped by Screwboys over the weekend. Unfortunately, it was quite crowded. Doesn't seem like the tour groups go there, but the touts are quite effective at drawing in Chinese couples/small groups mulling around Patpong.

Despite that, Screwboys seems to be doing quite well. It's one of my favorite bars these days (despite the smoke, loud music). There are a lot of boys working there and a wide variety. Good mixture of Vietnamese, Cambodian and Thai guys. Drinks are reasonable at 300 baht. Maybe not to everyone's taste but I certainly enjoy it for what it is.

Thanks for that.

Screwboys has always been a favourite of mine, even though these days I get my fun elsewhere. But every time I'm in Bangkok I stop by, and am always surprised at the number of customers. Some great guys there, too.

So I don't see the need to visit Jupiter.