Guest jones

After BKK & Pattaya, Where next to find boys?

Hi....I've been to Thailand 8 times now and will return in March.

Although i love Bkk and Pattaya i do get a bit bored of seeing the same guys in bars night after night and I'm wondering where should i head to next?

I'm into my twinks massively and I'm wondering if any of you guys have any suggestions of where i could explore next?

In the past i have taken boys from bars in Pattaya who have mostly happened to be from Laos and Isaan and they have shown me pictures of cute guys from their home areas which got me thinking should i try those places out myself.

I like a bit of adventure, i usually have a walk around saranrom park in Bkk amongst other areas on the look out.

I also hear guys say that Thailand used to be good years ago and that people are now going to other countries but never say which other countries!

My question is, if i want to explore outside of the usual areas in Thailand where could i head to in a search for cute boys?

Isaan?

Cambodia?

Myanmar?

Laos?

Philippines?

Indonesia?

When i look on hornet at guys in those areas i see the kind of guys i like, but what are they like for meeting up with boys? Obviously i wouldn't want to head to somewhere far which is going to be hit and miss.

Also factoring in money. It is almost cheaper to just stay home and rent a money boy here. They are twice as expensive in Western Europe - 100 EUR (4000 baht) is the minimum - but when you factor in that you not have to pay a plane ticket, not have to pay hotel, not have to pay the drink prizes, you can almost (we aren't there yet)  have the same amount of boys for the same total prize.

Any other countries, youll have to be more discreet, the gay spot is usually well hidden, with no signage and locked doors. At least that is true for my country, malaysia. There are still alot of activities going on, infact, a lot of the boys are from neighboring countries. In KL, there are a mix of boys from thai/viet/myanmar/laos etc, then theres the indonesians, nepalese, bangladesh, most of which used to work as constructions workers. Not to forget the local malays, chinese and indian. Nothing beats bangkok/pattaya scene though :) so no gogobars, beer bars, host bars. Majority here are massage centers and saunas.

Guest abang1961

As a Singaporean, I dare say that many local young men are in for the sex.

Most of them are either in national service or in university and the chance of becoming a money boy is the remotest.

Having said that, there are still masseurs and other professionals working in Singapore.

I try to analyse things and this is my take (if only I go for Thai boys)

Why don't I save my money and stay home?

Well for one, it is variety and availability.

Next due to my fear of being seen in the company of ...., I would rather be seen overseas.

I can let my hair down and pain the town red.

Of course, the exchange rate is favourable too.

From all my travels, Pattaya is by the the most convenient, biggest choice, reasonable prices.

Sure I can get local boys for 500 Baht (no off fees, no drinks), but it takes a while to get them and they are not to order from the stage.

The sauna scene in Phnom Penh, Saigon, Taipei is comparable* to Bangkok (although lower number of venues), and the gay hot spring in Taipei is unique.

*Unfortunately, that means that most other customers there are too old and too fat for my taste, same as in Bangkok. With Taipei a notable exception: few fatties.

Guest abang1961

Does this mean most Singaporean males are gay?

Or does this mean the concept of "gay" has a different meaning in Singapore and there sex with a male doesn't make you homo?

Oh my goodness you narrow-minded person, trying to generalise things and jump to conclusions.

I don't think it is fair to call you "naive".

Of course gay men are still a minority and despite doing the compulsory National Service (army) stint for about 20 months, not many become gay and as a matter of fact, the straight guys are definitely tvery homophobic.

I raised the point of many Singapore males (READ:GAY MALES) are not professional sex workers.  These gay men are doing it purely for their personal interest ... so unlike my poorer "cousins" in other South East Asia countries, if you guys happen to do a search on any apps, these gay males can be contacted and you have consensus sex without any payment..not even a hamburger is needed.

1 Pattaya is in a class of it's own. Many bars & such a high percentage of young lads on the apps are working.

2 Bangkok. Has expensive gogo bars. Can find boys on line, but it takes a little while to sort the ones working from those dating.

3 Chiang Mai & Phuket. Although it's been several years since I visited either, there are bars where you can pick up boys.

4 Phnom Penh. A small number of gay bars. There have been openings & closings since I was last there, but back then The Blue Chilli had a couple of available freelancers & the other gay bars did not.

5 Siem Reap. The situation here has deteriorated, probably since all the people who would work are now in Pattaya. On my first trip here, the Linga bar probably had about 10 eligible money boys. On the most recent trip, I didn't encounter any, so action was confined to the sauna & massage places.

6 Vientiane used to have the odd boy cruising by the fountain, but since they put fancy restaurants there, that has stopped. A couple of massages with extras were as good as it got on the last trip. If you want to find Lao boys, the easiest place is Pattaya.

7 Luang Prabang. One meet up with a guy in his mid 30s in 4 days.

8 Pakse. Nothing.

9 Savannakhet. One freebie Gay Romeo date, where we met up in a sauna.

10 Malaysia. I think the phone apps actually improve the availability here, but the choice is a long way below Pattaya.

11 Burma. The most promising discussion in 10 days was with a visiting Thai guy, but since "his sister had his passport", there was no chance of meeting. Also visited a very good massage shop, but there are very few of these.

12 Japan. A good choice of boys in host bars, prepared to provide outstanding service for a high price. If I had a Bill Gates style bank balance (without the accompanying fame), I would visit regularly.

I suppose someone else should comment on the Philippines & Indonesia.

1 Pattaya is in a class of it's own. Many bars & such a high percentage of young lads on the apps are working.

2 Bangkok. Has expensive gogo bars. Can find boys on line, but it takes a little while to sort the ones working from those dating.

3 Chiang Mai & Phuket. Although it's been several years since I visited either, there are bars where you can pick up boys.

4 Phnom Penh. A small number of gay bars. There have been openings & closings since I was last there, but back then The Blue Chilli had a couple of available freelancers & the other gay bars did not.

5 Siem Reap. The situation here has deteriorated, probably since all the people who would work are now in Pattaya. On my first trip here, the Linga bar probably had about 10 eligible money boys. On the most recent trip, I didn't encounter any, so action was confined to the sauna & massage places.

6 Vientiane used to have the odd boy cruising by the fountain, but since they put fancy restaurants there, that has stopped. A couple of massages with extras were as good as it got on the last trip. If you want to find Lao boys, the easiest place is Pattaya.

7 Luang Prabang. One meet up with a guy in his mid 30s in 4 days.

8 Pakse. Nothing.

9 Savannakhet. One freebie Gay Romeo date, where we met up in a sauna.

10 Malaysia. I think the phone apps actually improve the availability here, but the choice is a long way below Pattaya.

11 Burma. The most promising discussion in 10 days was with a visiting Thai guy, but since "his sister had his passport", there was no chance of meeting. Also visited a very good massage shop, but there are very few of these.

12 Japan. A good choice of boys in host bars, prepared to provide outstanding service for a high price. If I had a Bill Gates style bank balance (without the accompanying fame), I would visit regularly.

I suppose someone else should comment on the Philippines & Indonesia.

Thank you for the info. Japan sounds interesting.

Also i see hong Kong has some real cuties does anyone have any info on HK and China?

My friend wants me to visit him in Philippines and from what you see on the tv one would assume that you can pick up boys anywhere in Phils for low money but I'm not so sure. I would hate to waste time out of my Thailand trip to find the Phils boys are not up for it.

For Japanese massage boys, you can take a look at the sample list of boys and price range from

http://kids-jp.com/en/ok/s/

This one is in Osaka but there're a few places like this in Tokyo Shinjuku area.

I think it's not much more expensive than thai boys and the Japaneses are known to have better service mind.

With the weak yen and the current economic recession in Japan, i would put Japan on the list of adventure.

post-16109-0-18776100-1487293483_thumb.png

HKG has a plethora of male massage spas. Prices certainly higher than Thailand but not outrageous. On my most recent visit I had a good time at Aloha Spa. I was only in town for 24 hours though so I didn't have time to explore the scene much.

Taipei also has a number of male spas with lots of cute guys. The apps are pretty popular there as well. And Foutainhall has told us about his experiences at the hot springs there.

Indonesia the apps were also pretty popular when I was there...at least on Bali anyway. Met a MB on Grindr there. Lots of guys on GR as well in Jakarta and elsewhere.

Headed to Seoul in a few weeks. It will be interesting to check things out there. Looks like there is a handful of massage places there. Prices similar to HKG, Taipei, Singapore.

I haven't encountered anywhere in SE Asia that is like Bangkok or Pattaya, really. 

Japan price for gay massage are around 11000 yen ~ 100usd+ per hour, and only a hand job for extra. The host bars prices should be slightly more

Thanks. And as a tourist how to recognize a host bar from a normal gay bar (before I go I want to have a list of these bars to visit, but a quick search on the Internet yesterday talks about gay bars, I failed to find yet a bar clearly marked as host bar)?

For me a host bar is where you can sit with a boy who works at the bar, have drink and take him to your hotel (after paying an off fee). This is the concept of a host bar also in Japan? 

The site listed above also has a Tokyo branch, if you navigate to it. Just a little initiative.

For approx 15000, you can have drinks and off someone for pecisely 1 hour of top notch service, which includes anything shown in the catalogue for that boy.

This is very expensive compared with Pattaya. However the service is the best. I have been several times.

Yes, there are a few hosts bars or gay bars with boys that u can off. Mostly in shinjuku ni chome in tokyo. There are also a few sauna, and cruise club with specific requirements to enter. Some of the host bars are easy to recognize since they have pictures of the guys posted on the entrance

Yes, there are a few hosts bars or gay bars with boys that u can off. Mostly in shinjuku ni chome in tokyo. There are also a few sauna, and cruise club with specific requirements to enter. Some of the host bars are easy to recognize since they have pictures of the guys posted on the entrance

Thanks, I manually changed the link to http://kids-jp.com/en/tk/ and then the Tokyo site comes up (couldn't find that link from the Osaka site).

Many very beautiful boys. The first 3 nice twinks I try l however list as their 'sexuality': heterosexual.

I don't care about that really. But something I notice.

I would be interested to hear off anyone who has any info on philippines. I may head there to check it out. Whenever i see cute boys in Facebook groups they are always in Phils!