Nasherich

Trip Report - 2 nights in Bangkok March 2017

Guest abang1961

Has anyone any inside information about the ACTUAL earnings of a bar boy?

I mean, it seems that they need to offer a cut of their earnings to the bar and other bar staff.

Makes me wonder what is the possibility of them making more than THB 15 000 in a month?

Do they earn more?

There are two reason I didn't counter offer (I've read enough posts on here from others to figure out what's fair): I very much doubt the boy would have got more than 1000B of the 3000B so his cut would no doubt have been severely reduced. Secondly I think if you're going to quote unrealistic prices, you deserve to get no business until you do.

Has anyone any inside information about the ACTUAL earnings of a bar boy?

I mean, it seems that they need to offer a cut of their earnings to the bar and other bar staff.

Makes me wonder what is the possibility of them making more than THB 15 000 in a month?

Do they earn more?

I've not heard them commenting about having to share their earnings around.  I've seen some who take their 1500 long time tip (price a couple of years back) & always pay the first 1000 into their account in the machines in Tuk Com. 

I've also seen one in Fresh Boys who left Classic Boys because the mamasan asked for 2000 baht after he took a holiday. Gogo boys are adults & should be prepared to tell mamasans to sod off l (as in this example).

I suspect some earn well in excess of 30,000 baht a month in high season.  When some of the boys in Cupidol were clearly seeing more than one person per night & the average short time tip is unlikely to be less than 1200, the earnings may exceed 30k in 2 weeks.

Others may deserve & earn much less.  

However, that's the way the world works.  If I was on stage in a gogo bar, there would be no 1000 baht tips, so I need to get a proper job.  Likewise in Thailand, those who do not look good & perform need to find another career.

Guest myskipper

in my imagination, one night at least 2000 can make them really rich, hahaha. I`m the poor guy here actually, hahahaha.

do a rough calculation, one week let`s say they got customer 4 night, that`s at least 8000, 4 weeks makes it up to 32000/month, and I think their income should be more than this than lesser. or else, what`s the point for them to take this as their business career other than a proper job. see those brand label most of them carries, u will know.

Tips following an off are a big part of a boys potential earnings and this will very greatly. Attractive twinky boys can be offed most nights and gays like me sometimes go early to bars like Cupidol to secure their services. However there are other incomes such as tips for sitting with bar customers and a minority can receive remittances from farangs with whom they have had a relationship. I did this eight years ago when I stayed in Pattaya for 10 weeks and had a boy staying with me in an apartment for 5 weeks at the end and planned to return shortly afterwards. He said he would remain at his Isaan home on my sending him money via Western Union, which I did in the shape of two 15000 baht payments. He probably stayed in Pats working in the bars and I wasn't able to get back for over a year so the relationship lapsed. Ridiculous really as he was 20 and I was considerably older. But my point is that I wonder how many boys have daddy's like I was.

Guest myskipper

that`s why i will never do that, i love the boys, i will still thinking about them after i`m back from the holiday, but that`s it, i know this kind of relationship can only survive in my imagination, bring it to live will kill it immediatley.

that`s why i will never do that, i love the boys, i will still thinking about them after i`m back from the holiday, but that`s it, i know this kind of relationship can only survive in my imagination, bring it to live will kill it immediatley.

Right. You won't fall in love like that if you love yourself enough.