lilbob69

Has anyone stayed in Hua Hin?

Has anyone stayed in Hua Hin recently?

I have a friend that has just returned (not gay so no good info) that says it's a great place. Good food, clean beaches not as tourisy as Pattaya ( ie no touts for massage etc)

I can only see a couple of gay bars (old info). Whats a good area to look for accommodation? Any recommendations? Anyone had luck on hornet etc?

I might like a couple of nights there next trip. Near the beach and gay bar if possible

No, I have not stayed there for a few years.  But when I did stay there, my experience was  the same as what your friend said.  The town shut down earlier than Bangkok or Pattaya. Many enjoyable restaurants, clean well-controlled, no sleaze.  I was able to find a decent guest house near the beach and restaurants. Because a Royal home is there, it is tightly controlled. No scams, touts, or sex visibly for sale.

The gay scene was very subdued, nearly non-existent.  I took a friend and felt that was more appropriate.  We had a great time. Perhaps there is more phone contact available today, I don't know.

I didn't try Grindr because my BF (BurBoy) was there,

Numazu.....so good to see you posting again. I was interested to read two of your posts today. Earlier in the year after your first visit to Mexico, you were thinking you were going to have to end your relationship with Burboy after your Songkran trip and that in future you would be concentrating on Mexico.

Now from this post we see Burboy being named as your BF (I recall your BF was previously back home in USA). Also from another post, I see you are to be back in Bangkok again shortly and taking up your usual bar seat on Soi Twilight.

This looks like great and exciting news. Sounds like the love, attention and allure of Burboy has lead to a change of heart and that the amazing Burboy (who from your posts is damn close in both looks and character to being Mr Perfect) has won your heart. If that's right, so happy for you both. I and I'm sure other board members would love an update on your activities when you have a moment.

There is a Hua Hin trip report here somewhere, but this terse summary will do.

The terse summary was fine thank you! Perhaps Smiles will chime in here about Hua Hin, too. Now that the ferry seems to be running again between Pattaya and Hua Hin I may well visit my friends there again next trip.  I'd highly recommend a visit to Maruekatayawan, the royal home on the beach nearby to anyone who goes to Hau Hin and has a bit of extra time.

Loved the sunset photo, by the way!

The terse summary was fine thank you! Perhaps Smiles will chime in here about Hua Hin, too. Now that the ferry seems to be running again between Pattaya and Hua Hin I may well visit my friends there again next trip. I'd highly recommend a visit to Maruekatayawan, the royal home on the beach nearby to anyone who goes to Hau Hin and has a bit of extra time.

Loved the sunset photo, by the way!

Thanks man. I'm just trying counter the negative energy floating around here with some positive, useful and practical information. Which is what this board is about! At least I think it is anyway. I'm an eternal optimist!

One more thing about Grindr in Hua Hin. I turned it on at 5 am one of the mornings, and there were not enough boys in the Hua Hin area to fill the Grindr grid all the way, so Grindr was picking up boys from Pattaya, who were miles away across the gulf of Thailand. Some where cute too and made me wish I was in Pattaya for a minute. Hornet may be more popular but I didn't check.

Hornet is definitely more popular than Grindr anywhere in Thailand outside of Bangkok; in areas less touristy than Hua Hin to an even bigger extent.

In Bangkok, my view is somewhat mixed, the total numbers are higher here for Hornet as well, but a higher percentage of those on Grindr is in my target group (and interested in me as well).

Thanks Numazu. Those pics are amazing. The beach looks so clean!!

I might try and do an overnighter from Pattaya next August and perhaps take a friend with me!

I'll echo others sentiments and hope that you update us with your trip reports. I have missed reading about BurBoy. I feel like I know him from reading your posts!

Hua Hin is certainly worth a visit, or several (but now that a friend has a condo there and I have been multiple times, we have to go on daytrips by car to find interesting stuff).

I always go by bus or train, travel time door to door can easily exceed 5 hours. For those on holiday and with more money than time, taxi is a good option. However the train station is worth a look, the most beautiful train station in Thailand with a Royal Waiting Hall.

Hua Hin is touristy, Thais and Foreigners, and prices reflect this (but still reasonable, unlike Phuket). For amazingly cheap seafood go to Prachuap Khiri Khan where prices are less than half of what you would pay in Hua Hin (local oysters, 10 for 100 Baht!).

That there is less traffic is a rumor that I can't confirm.

The traffic intersection Petkasem / Soi 61 / Soi 76 (leading to railway station) is a place to avoid: the electricity/communication lines are full of birds, there is birdshit everywhere and the birds are constantly making noises (they are NOT singing!).

I have written on Hua Hin a few times:

http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/search/label/Hua%20Hin

but there is much more to do (and I have done much more).

I was going to say search Hua Hin at the top of the forum, but the search facility does not work with 3 letter words.   Maybe Scooby can look into that ?

I stayed at the Hotel Visa.  

That was very nice, clean modern & was around about 1000 baht.  Hotels of this standard in Bangkok or Pattaya seem to be a few hundred baht more.

As you can see from the map, it is a few minutes walk to the nearest gay bar.  

I found the place by googling "girl friendly hotels" & checking the list on one of the straight forums against trip advisor.   If they allow girls in, then they are likely to allow boys in.  My one male joiner walked straight up to my room with no problems.

I think my room rate excluded breakfast, in any case, I did not try that.

The gay scene was very quiet.   New Guy was a host bar, with only one host I fancied.  Had an upstairs massage which was OK, but also rushed so much, there was no chance of him getting a repeat off.   I don't think the massage room gets used much, which is just as well, as the only reason guests don't stick to the bed is probably because any fluids have time to dry out. 

Red Indian had 3 staff, none of whom interested me.

The apps are NOT teeming with willing rent boys, although I did get one up to my room in 3 nights.

After walking around, I figured there must be over 100 straight bars & straight massage places.  However, only 2 gay bars.

I think it would be a great place to visit if bringing a boy.

Arrived by a pleasant northbound Train from Surat Thani  & left by the excellent Bell Travel service onto Pattaya.

(Maybe I will remember to search this term next time HUAHIN )

Guest ryanasia

Go to Pattaya get yourself a takeaway boy. Get the ferry from Pattaya to HH and then shag the boy to death upon arrival. Other than that it is slim pickings in HH. Particularly if you want younger good looking guys available for money. You can probably find a few older guys that work there in normal jobs on an app. No self respecting moneyboy would stay there.

Go to Pattaya get yourself a takeaway boy. Get the ferry from Pattaya to HH and then shag the boy to death upon arrival. Other than that it is slim pickings in HH. Particularly if you want younger good looking guys available for money. You can probably find a few older guys that work there in normal jobs on an app. No self respecting moneyboy would stay there.

I'm definitely thinking of going this way, at least for the first visit. Would hate to waste a night 

Extra points for the first board member who posts a video of enjoying himself with a boy on the ferry.

Is there an equivalent of the mile high club, just with boats?

I'd hate to see the video end up on facebook or some Pattaya News site

Guest ryanasia

I'd hate to see the video end up on facebook or some Pattaya News site

Those photos would show up here first, after that they would be out in the wild. 

Thanks everyone for the useful information. I will be visiting HH this winter to see a friend there and play bridge with her. But I expect to have lots of time on my hands, too. I note some possible money boys there on Hornet, but maybe they are really across the bay in Pattaya. I'm probably too "mature" to get a free one, but one never knows.