reader

Belly fat

I don't drink water from bottles. Instead I have a good filter at home.

To be pedantic, I was talking about ordering drinks, so the context is hanging out with a group of friends.

I'm not criticizing your lifestyle, it just doesn't sound fun to me. Each to their own.

To be pedantic, I was talking about ordering drinks, so the context is hanging out with a group of friends.

I'm not criticizing your lifestyle, it just doesn't sound fun to me. Each to their own.

Don't worry, no damage was done  :)

It gives me a nostalgic feeling of earlier times when to be "cool" one had to do the harmful things and be bad. How would I not smoke marijuana when everyone else was?  And so I did.  And I can still be cool if the situation warrants it.

Fortunately I don't have to hang out with buddies every night, and instead live my disciplined sour life which I like. I just should not talk about it... 

Water, what's that?  Oh, I know, it's the waste product of drinking wine.

Wine is the name of water when it has added some small quantities of organic materials.  For the real connoisseurs, these little materials can make the water worth thousands of dollars. 

It gives me a nostalgic feeling of earlier times when to be "cool" one had to do the harmful things and be bad. How would I not smoke marijuana when everyone else was?  And so I did.

Marijuana is probably healthier than beer, but they're obviously no match for your home-filtered water. :)

I don't drink water from bottles.  Instead I have a good filter at home.

I don't drink water from bottles, and I don't have a filter at home. I drink water straight out of the tap, without ill effect.

As for willpower and belly fat, genes play a huge role. Some boys just have perfects abs and pecs without ever setting a foot in the gym. Even if I went to the gym, I wouldn't reach their perfection. Anyway, I care little about my own abdomen and pecs, more about others.

Those with the wrong genes fight an uphill battle trying to get slim. Unhealthy food contributes.

I am blessed with taste buds that tell me that cold (refrigerator or iced) tap water is about as delicious as a drink can get. Sometimes orange juice or watermelon fruit shake can top that.

And my sensation of hungry and full is that I only ever feel full after an all-you-can-eat-buffet. Before a normal meal I'm hungry, and after a normal meal I'm not hungry any more, but would have to eat the same meal (or similar amount of another dish) again to feel full. So basically, my nutritional status vacillates between hungry - not hungry. (Ten years ago, I had a friend who used to open the top button of his pants and hyperventilate after meals.)

As for willpower and belly fat, genes play a huge role. Some boys just have perfects abs and pecs without ever setting a foot in the gym. Even if I went to the gym, I wouldn't reach their perfection. Anyway, I care little about my own abdomen and pecs, more about others.

Those with the wrong genes fight an uphill battle trying to get slim. Unhealthy food contributes.

Genes define what we are at birth.  As time passes, our doing has more influence and could eventually surpass the genetic predisposition.  As a skinny boy I always envied my peers with perfect bodies. Today I have good muscles and I'm satisfied with my body, while many of my former beautiful peers are deformed by fat, have chronic diseases, and many are dead. 

And my sensation of hungry and full is that I only ever feel full after an all-you-can-eat-buffet. Before a normal meal I'm hungry, and after a normal meal I'm not hungry any more, but would have to eat the same meal (or similar amount of another dish) again to feel full. So basically, my nutritional status vacillates between hungry - not hungry. (Ten years ago, I had a friend who used to open the top button of his pants and hyperventilate after meals.)

You are doing very well by going from hungry to just satisfied, without ever feeling full.  One day when you are older you may want to also skip the hungry.  I rarely feel real hunger anymore, and I go from some appetite to satisfied.  I only get full on social celebrations with big meals  (and also in all-you-can-eat buffets when I like the food and want to take advantage).

My eating is not driven by hunger anymore, but by the clock.  Four or five times spread over the day comes the task to eat moderate meals. So I have no reason to get hungry, unless I am out of town.  I am the happiest because my eating is a NON ISSUE, and I hope it stays this way forever. 

On the subject of fat, does anyone else lose weight while in Thailand ?

I find that my appetite dies with the heat when I get there, and I eat very little.

Coupled with the extra exercise that the kindly Thai boys give me, i have got home a full stone lighter on one trip ..

It seems to be quickly replaced in Fellang land tho. ..Lol ..

Interesting.

I would have said the opposite.

I spend a lot of time downstairs in Siam Paragon, where there are lots of new restaurants, especially along the canal. I usually end up at the dessert restaurants, many from Japan. Yummo!

I find Thai food quite healthy, apart from all that coconut milk. But you only live once.

I get back to normal weight quickly one I get back home.

And that must be quite a work-out your boys are giving you! Half your luck! Lol

I remember a couple of boys who stayed with me for a week when I was renting a house in Nong Khai.    Relaxing days, plenty of sleep, very good Thai food helped them gain a kilo or two.    I, of course, expended so much energy in bed with them (one at time, not both visiting at the same time, though in retrospect that would have been ideal), that I lost a kilo or two.   

Being a top definitely expends a lot more energy. No surprise there.

As I am only interested in masculine guys, many guys I meet in Thailand are top only. But when I'm back home, I tend to top.

So,.........that's the secret to my quick return to my normal weight.

I never thought about that!

When I visited Thailand as a tourist, I always lost quite a bit of weight in the 1-2 weeks I holidayed here. Unfortunately, once I moved to Thailand, I eventually started to gain weight, probably due to a less active lifestyle (office instead of sightseeing and fewer long nights out).

You are doing very well by going from hungry to just satisfied, without ever feeling full.  One day when you are older you may want to also skip the hungry.  I rarely feel real hunger anymore, and I go from some appetite to satisfied.  I only get full on social celebrations with big meals  (and also in all-you-can-eat buffets when I like the food and want to take advantage).

My eating is not driven by hunger anymore, but by the clock.  Four or five times spread over the day comes the task to eat moderate meals. So I have no reason to get hungry, unless I am out of town.  I am the happiest because my eating is a NON ISSUE, and I hope it stays this way forever. 

One could say I'm too lazy to eat. Most other activities are more interesting than eating, so I postpone eating until I feel hungry. I would rather put my finger into a power to recharge my energy instead of eating. When I travel, I have to make the most out of daylight. By getting up at 9 and leaving at 10 (after breakfast), I lose 4 hours already, so I might only have a snack during day not to waste time eating, and wait for nightfall for my second meal of the day (after breakfast).

When traveling with friends, eating is always a contentious point. I can eat anywhere, anytime, almost anything, whereas my friends are picky (especially concerned about cleanliness of the place).

One could say I'm too lazy to eat. Most other activities are more interesting than eating, so I postpone eating until I feel hungry. I would rather put my finger into a power to recharge my energy instead of eating.

---

When traveling with friends, eating is always a contentious point. I can eat anywhere, anytime, almost anything, whereas my friends are picky (especially concerned about cleanliness of the place).

LOL!  You would have to eat a lot of lithium and grow some internal wiring for that to work! 

If being driven to eat by hunger works well with you, this is fine, it can be a matter of habit.  

Should I carry a can of gas and let my car run out of fuel and then add it from the can?

I rather refill the tank when it is half empty (or half full, depending on ideology).

I also usually yield to the eating desires of my companions, since I care little where to eat outside home.

A place can be as clean as an operating room, and still the cook may have scratched his itching scalp or his hemorrhoids before putting his hand in the food... 

I also usually yield to the eating desires of my companions, since I care little where to eat outside home.

A place can be as clean as an operating room, and still the cook may have scratched his itching scalp or his hemorrhoids before putting his hand in the food... 

Or the sky could fall.  There's always that.

I rather have the sky fall on my food than my plane fall off the sky.

I suspect that your plane may have simply got caught up in an air stream of consciousness that periodically befuddles your writings.

But here's where we agree and disagree:

DISAGREE -- I don't think I'd be concerned if a cook touched his scalp (cooking isn't really surgery is it now).

AGREE -- If you observe your cook sticking his finger in his ass, your ass or the ass of others it may be cause for concern.

NOTE -- If your sexual partner also happens to be a cook, you'll have to make up your own rules in this matter as you go along.

I think the Thai guys working the bars will be more interested in how fat my wallet is.

Indeed they are.  Stevie labors under the belief that they are more interested in his abs. 

Abs can't buy you love, Stevie, but 1500-2000 can come damn close ST.

I think the Thai guys working the bars will be more interested in how fat my wallet is.

Surely.  While they can receive some content of a fat wallet, they cannot cut out a slice of belly fat to use in their deep fryer.

Indeed they are.  Stevie labors under the belief that they are more interested in his abs. 

Abs can't buy you love, Stevie, but 1500-2000 can come damn close ST.

I realize my terrible mistake.

I should have know that the best remedy for belly fat is wallet fat.