baobao

Your favorite breakfast place in Jomtien?

In past trips I've sometimes gotten onto a baht bus and taken the ride down to the Jomtien area for breakfast, even if I'm not staying there. The morning walk along the beach used to be a nice one, although it looks like it's going to be a mess for a while.

Tui's and the now-closed Bondi used to be spots I liked to sit, have coffee and breakfast, read the paper and people watch. The Poseidon used to have a nice breakfast, too, but I haven't been there in a long while. Tui's is, I suppose still a going concern.

Where do you go for breakfast in the Jomtien area, and why? If you have an idea of prices, add those for us, too, please.

I tried a few different places and settled on Friends Cafe, which has a Norwegian theme. A generous cooked breakfast is 115 Baht.

Its a quiet spot down a side street.

The other day a film crew were working right beside the Cafe. Provided an entertaining breakfast watching some cute Thai boys running up and down the street for the camera.

Interesting topic. I too used to take the baht bus to Jomtien in the mornings just for breakfast and a walk along the beach, altough staying inside Pattaya. I too ate at the norwegian Friends cafe and enjoyed their American breakfast for then 99 baht.

On later visits however I stopped visiting Friends cafe because of the many ants that were everywhere there, including in my food.

I stay at the Poseidon and truly look forward to dinner there.  Breakfast is o.k. but pricey compared to other spots.  Preference last trip was to walk to Dongtan Beach and eat at Sandbar.  Wide range of breakfast options, Thai, American, international (e.g. Eggs Benedict)  Reasonable prices and immaculate restrooms

Do any cafes/restaurants have really crisp crumbly croissants? I love to finish breakfast with one or two with lashings of marmalade and a large espresso. Almost everywhere Ive tried that offers them have what feel and taste like thick cold lumps of dough. Nowhere near the taste of even a moderately decent croissant.

My breakfast is quite simple usually. Bran flakes with banana and blueberries, orange juice and then my espresso and croissants. I agree with Alex. The croissants in Laos were great. Those in Vietnam were also very good. Surely they cannot be difficult to make. Thats why I cannot understand why most Thai cafes and quite a few good hotels serve just thick lumps of dough.

Tui's - for European breakfast, Moo's kitchen for Thai breakfast. Hoek's terrace for coffee   

Thanks, Moses - would you give us an idea as to the locations of Moo's and Hoek's Terrace? I didn't find either via Google.

Thanks, Moses - would you give us an idea as to the locations of Moo's and Hoek's Terrace? I didn't find either via Google.

Moo - local "kitchen" what serves almost all Jomtien rainbow beach sections - it is located next door to formerly DD Inn - on right. You can just walk via Bamboo from main road to soi and will see Moo in front of you. They have small terrace - just 2 tables. Moo's delivery boys and girls wear bright green caps and are very visible on the beach.

Hoek - short name of "Hoek van Holland" caffee on the corner next to right from formerly Bondi 

on google street view https://goo.gl/maps/zoarjfrnAks

Moo located about 100 meters far on left side of this small soi

Guest Tomas1576

Linda's is also good place for breakfast. Good choice, acceptable prices (not like the lunch and dinner, which are outrageously expensive

Tried Sandbar for the first time this morning. Very disappointing. The 'English' breakfast was missing 2 or 3 things listed on the menu and I found the coffee undrinkable - though that's quite common in Thailand. PeterRS - they do have help yourself toast & croissants as part of the breakfast & a toaster oven to warm the croissants. I didn't try them so can't comment on their crumbliness.

(The croissants in Starbucks aren't bad at all nor the ones in the supermarket downstairs in TukCom)

The Continental Bakery has a good range of breakfasts. I like their fruit, yoghurt & muesli breakfast which comes with good bread - always pay extra for the wholemeal. Again, the coffee is undrinkable.

The only place so far in Jomtien I've had a half decent coffee is the Pig & Whistle. OK breakfasts but not spectacular.