Boy69

View Talay Condos Pattaya ?

Try dancewatchers.com  They have units in all the View Pattaya buildings.. They provide lots of towels and service once a week or for a liitle extra  Always great WiFi etc and all the View Talay's have laundrys. Drop  off and pick up next day.

If the guard at the elevator is awake he may ask for boy's id to keep until he leaves. Never seen one look at it.

Try dancewatchers.com  They have units in all the View Pattaya buildings.

they list rooms in VT6 (Pattaya) and VT 2A and 5C (Jomtien), none at 700 Bht per night and none including a gym in the building so it may not help the original poster - most of their rooms are 1,200 Baht up per night up though you may get one of their rooms in 2B for less then 1,000 Baht per night in the off season if booking more than 10 nights, and I don't remember any of the VT buildings in Jomtien having a gym

at Jomtien beach VT 1 (A&B) and VT 2 (A&B) are older (and thus cheaper) but do not have direct beach access, VT 5 (C&D) and VT 7 do have direct beach access

there are many rooms at VT5 and VT 7 on airbnb at grossly inflated prices and on most of the hotel booking sites at slightly better prices, and all of the VT properties have agents in offices on the ground floor with rooms to rent in those buildings and while VT 1 and 2 may have some rooms at less than 1,000 Baht off season for bookings longer than a week 1,200 up is more usual for VT 5 and 7 for a few days or a few weeks, or 15,000 up baht per month for 6-12 month bookings

I have never had a problem at VT 5 with a guest, and have seen many guys with (male or female) "guests" in the pool area or eating in the sala cafe etc

I would like to see a URL and more details of the 700 Bht room mentioned by Boy69 - I am about to book a room for December at VT 5D for 1,300!

bkkguy

View Talay 5 does not have gym facilities. In 10 years I've never had or seen a problem bringing people into the condo.

I recommend the Pattaya side of building C because it only has sun in the afternoons and is away from the noise from the Jomtien Complex. The views are better from the front of the building than in the back which is partially blocked by the Grand Condotel.

Building C is closer to the water than Building D. I don't recommend booking in Building D near the main road as it can be very noisy.

Be aware that the beach in front is being renovated and changed from what it used to be.

there are many rooms at VT5 and VT 7 on airbnb at grossly inflated prices and on most of the hotel booking sites at slightly better prices bkkguy

And if you use airbnb read the details about the extra costs on some VT airbnbs like large deposits, 1000 baht for final cleaning and electric /water charges. Some do not have internet. Read the reviews about the owner and their other properties before booking.

"they list rooms in VT6 (Pattaya) and VT 2A and 5C (Jomtien), none at 700 Bht per night and none including a gym in the building so it may not help the original poster"

First of all the OP never mentioned anything about 700 baht. He did say cheap and that word means different things to different people.  Yes December is more expensive as is every property in Pattaya.

Having rented from a number of agents in View Talay complexes over the years, you get what you pay for. With Dancewatchers , you will get great mattresses , big shower, everthing you need in the kitchen , many big bath towels as well as pool towels . The WiFi will be fast and depending on the room and price , possibly Gold Package for TV.  Big enough safe for a laptop etc etc etc.

And most importantly if the AC stops working or any other thing happens the response will be fast. And no I am not involved with the company!

Scooby, actually the OP's second post mentioned 700 baht :)

Stayed at VT1, VT2, VT5 and VT7 at different hots' rooms through Airbnb, yes all depends on the particular host. No slightest questions regarding my visitors. Although too many Russians were in VT5 and I was feeling not easy sometimes in the lift, but it shouldn't apply to people from other countries. I liked the most VT2, not sure why. Of course, the view from seaside high floors of VT5 and VT7 should be more pleasant but by its own cost.

Didn't know, that they are at Booking.com now as well - thanx

And if you have a few guys coming by a washer is nice to have for fresh towels in a pinch.

all of the VTs have multiple laundry services available that will do a few towels for you in a flash - and cheaper than a flash or a pinch from your visiting guys!

and if you stay at VT 7 best avoid talking to anyone at Jomtien Complex Condotel - which actually has a gym, but now no views and still some strong owner resentment even after the final court decision on the definition of "200 meters"

bkkguy

A note about the Jomtien Complex Condotel: Buyers were told nothing over 4 floors would be built on the land between the Condotel and the Gulf. The land was mostly vacant at the time as was the land to the North (Pattaya Side).

Like love, another good reason to rent only in Thailand.

all of the VTs have multiple laundry services available that will do a few towels for you in a flash - and cheaper than a flash or a pinch from your visiting guys!

and if you stay at VT 7 best avoid talking to anyone at Jomtien Complex Condotel - which actually has a gym, but now no views and still some strong owner resentment even after the final court decision on the definition of "200 meters"

bkkguy

I like my fun at night. I don't think any laundry is open after 9pm till 4 or 5 am.