ggobkk

Blast at DJ Station

The blast last night around midnight sent DJ Station patrons scrambling.  According to management It was the result of an electrical malfunction and the smoke was the fire retardant used to combat it.  

At least that's the summary of the report - its concerning to see the videos posted on line or in this article and to thinks what it might have been like if the emergency was more serious.

Here is a news summary and some videos

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2017/09/27/midnight-blast-siloms-dj-station-electrical-malfunction/

I was in Silom the night eight years ago when fire broke out in the popular GSM sauna in Chinatown.  The sirens of fire engines from around the city converging on the location seemed to go on for an hour. One man was killed and many rescued from the seventh floor.

Photos from Fridae site

57077.jpg

Link to news article on Fridae site (it also mentions fire safety at DJ Station)

http://www.fridae.asia/gay-news/2009/01/06/2186.fire-in-bangkok-gay-sauna-kills-patron

Here's the SN post about it:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?8846-Another-Fire

I had a few friends that were there when it happened so heard about and was getting pictures during the situation. They heard the explosion and there was a bit of a stampede heading for the doors. They said it was difficult to breath because of the dust and fire retardant. Several boys said it will be a while before they go back.

It has crossed my mind that gay places in BKK can be attractive for terrorists who are also fundamentalist homophobics.  One occasion like this is a foam party at Babylon during Songkran, for example.  And it crossed my mind being there, in the middle of it. But I put that thought away, thinking that it is as negative as thinking of a catastrophe while flying at 30,000 feet in a plane.

steveboy, that you're still worried about a terrorist attack instead of a heart attack when attending a Babylon foam party is probably a good sign - you're confident in your good health. ;)

Oh, I'm not worried about a heart attack anytime soon.  Maybe in 16 years at 90. And if by then I happen to pass out at a Babylon foam party...  what better way to go?  :)