rollingstone

Holiday Inn Pattaya

Has anyone stayed at holiday inn pattaya before? I have always stayed in Boyz Town area in recent years (mostly in Copa); did stay in Sunee area a few times (just more than a couple perhaps).

I can see 'problems' with holiday inn (on beach road).

It is far from boys scene; may have difficulties going back to hotels with company in tow (motorbike will be the natural choice but safety could be a concern? after some drinks).

Would assume the hotel will have no problem with joiners (it is pattaya after all!) But families staying at the property could be a problem?

Any other problem I am missing?

Am also thinking about Agate in Jomtien but if Agate is chosen the offs will (predominantly) be from Jomtien as it does seem a daunting task to travel with boys from BT or SP to Jomtien (I know it's doable but kind of a hassle).

Decisions, decisions and advice appreciated.

stay in boyztown like before and you will not have problems with "daunting task of travel" neither with  your guests nor visiting families with added bonus of supporting small business  not some multinational corporate fat cats.

If you stay in Agate , baht buses  are running into late hours so you can off easily from BT , not to mention some boys have motorbikes ( in Dec last year I offed ABomb boy who had a car )

Why not try Baan Souy, midway between Boys Town and Jomtien, easy to get motor bike taxi or baht bus from either at night, boys all love the place as welcoming for them and great pool (and gym if your type of boy is in to that!)  mega friendly and just a great hotel/small resort?

I am sure Holiday Inn is fine but a hell of a long way out of the areas you probably want to be in and the issues of straight groups of guys, families and potential issues which you certainly wont get at Baan Souy?

Worth consideration?  

Why not try Baan Souy, midway between Boys Town and Jomtien, easy to get motor bike taxi or baht bus from either at night, boys all love the place as welcoming for them and great pool (and gym if your type of boy is in to that!)  mega friendly and just a great hotel/small resort?

I am sure Holiday Inn is fine but a hell of a long way out of the areas you probably want to be in and the issues of straight groups of guys, families and potential issues which you certainly wont get at Baan Souy?

Worth consideration?  

Stayed Baan Souy once. The property was good but it is far away from anywhere! I know I know it is only a short ride away. Will not stay there. It's just me.

Also stayed at the Venue once some years ago; could not remember much now other than Jomtien then was not as vibrant as described by members here. Never stayed at Jomtien again.

Looks like I m not staying at Holiday Inn after hearing the feedback ... for sure. Maybe try Agate.

Last three visits I’ve stayed in Jomtien. I’ve off’d a boy from BBB, told him where I was staying and he led me to the baht bus. I’d suggested a taxi, but bus was his choice.

Haven't tried a taxi yet in Pattaya. Anyway they are 'spotty' at best. No? How taxi works?

Baht bus still a distance away from Soi 3 (even further from Soi 1) and there is the wait (and potentially negotiating with the driver). Mmmm ... I know I should not fret over these. LOL :)

The baht buses to Jomtiem are 5 minutes walking from Sunee or BT and it's a ten minutes drive to Jomtien complex it's really easy to get there. Also you can take a motorbike taxi 80-100 baht if you want directly from Sunee or BT.the advantage of staying at Jomtien complex that it's very close to the beach you have plenty of bars and massage parlors open day and night while at day time BT and Sunee are ghost town.I wouldn't take the Baan Souy either it's in the middle of nowhere and it's rather expensive.

I choose a hotel in Pattaya based on where I will be spending most of my time - sometimes I stay right in the centre of Sunee, and other times in BT. At the end of the day, it's a short walk between those two areas so it isn't a big deal.

No matter where I travel, if it's for a sex holiday I always look for a gay hotel. I do not like taking an elevator up to my room with a guy if I have to share it with a heterosexual couple, or worse, a family with kids.

I would never catch a motorcycle taxi in Asia as statistics tell a frightening story about the dangers involved. In Thailand too many guys ride motorcycles under the influence of alcohol and /or drugs.

Also, I wouldn't rely on taxis to take me anywhere in Pattaya, as I have no desire to bargain with the driver, especially late at night when they want to charge more.

Getting to and from the Holiday Inn is not difficult from BT but the Avani (old Marriott) is closer. Having a gym, pool and good food on premises are definitely plusses.

Yep old Marriot is of course a property of better quality. Stayed there a few times. I dont remember the food there though; in other words they must have been forgetable :)

... based on where I will be spending most of my time ...

... if it's for a sex holiday I always look for a gay hotel. I do not like taking an elevator up to my room with a guy if I have to share it with a heterosexual couple, or worse, a family with kids.

I would never catch a motorcycle taxi in Asia ...

...  wouldn't rely on taxis to take me anywhere in Pattaya, as I have no desire to bargain with the driver, especially late at night when they want to charge more.

All agreed!

But have to admit I took motorcycle many times from SP to BT (less the other way around). From bottom of my heart, I know it is risk taking (perhaps unnecessary risks) but still telling myself it is a short distance ... short distance .... hopeless me lol.

All agreed!

But have to admit I took motorcycle many times from SP to BT (less the other way around). From bottom of my heart, I know it is risk taking (perhaps unnecessary risks) but still telling myself it is a short distance ... short distance .... hopeless me lol.

I used many times motorbike taxi for long distance too with no problem at all it's very convenience once there is no direct route to my destination via the Baht buses or when I'm in hurry to get there .

I used many times motorbike taxi for long distance too with no problem at all it's very convenience once there is no direct route to my destination via the Baht buses or when I'm in hurry to get there .

I'm also frequent user of motorbike taxis and never neither in BKK nor in  PTT had any impression I'm in dangerous situation. 

In Saigon once I took motorbike taxi all the way from airport downtown to my hotel and as one can see, survived to tell the tale.

Prior to my recent trip I've nearly always stayed in gay hotels in BT or Sunee, more often than not at the Ambiance. However this time I stayed mostly at the Agate in Jomtien. The gay scene seems to have gravitated there in recent times and whilst there are no gogos, there are a multitude of boys of the type I prefer I.e. twinks. As has been pointed out already, transport from BT and Sunee is not a problem particularly if you are ok with walking and motor bikes. I offed a boy twice longtime from Winner Boys and returned to the Agate by bike. However I didn't take up his suggestion of the both of us on the same bike. I would not even consider the Holiday Inn, as I am very much the gay sex tourist. In the distant past I have tried non-gay hotels but I'm rather sensitive to the stares and whispered comments from other guests.

Prior to my recent trip I've nearly always stayed in gay hotels in BT or Sunee, more often than not at the Ambiance. However this time I stayed mostly at the Agate in Jomtien. The gay scene seems to have gravitated there in recent times and whilst there are no gogos, there are a multitude of boys of the type I prefer I.e. twinks. As has been pointed out already, transport from BT and Sunee is not a problem particularly if you are ok with walking and motor bikes. I offed a boy twice longtime from Winner Boys and returned to the Agate by bike. However I didn't take up his suggestion of the both of us on the same bike. I would not even consider the Holiday Inn, as I am very much the gay sex tourist. In the distant past I have tried non-gay hotels but I'm rather sensitive to the stares and whispered comments from other guests.

I agree it's better to book gay freindly hotels ,to tell the true never faced any problem in Pattaya from other guests and I really DO NOT care what others guests think about me but I noticed that the boys were much reserved and uncomfortable when I stayed at non-gay hotels so now I avoid all this lavish non-gay hotels and prefer the more modest gay freindly ones .

......... but I noticed that the boys were much reserved and uncomfortable when I stayed at non-gay hotels ........

and this is very good point, good you brought it up. It mat not be comfortable to walk through lobby full of people while in company of farang too old to be his uncle, not a most pleasant part of boy's job.

It's why  , while walking with boy to the hotel I sense he is not comfortable to walk arm in arm I let  them go  bit faster or stay behind 2-3 meters if they wish. 

had that awkward moment last year in Cambodia walking with boy through quite busy porch of River Queen / now 84 hotel/ when all of the sudden  everybody paused for second a two including few guests I chatted with before  but I smiled and so did they / it was young crowd, ususaly better understanding word ' fuck" and inclined to take it more literally, LOL /