What do you normally tip for short time in Pattaya ?

62 members have voted

1. 1. What is your median short time tip in Pattaya ?

• Less than 1000
    • More than 2000
  2. 2. Do you agree the tip in advance ?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. How much do you vary the tip based on performance ?

• Not at all. Same tip every time
    • +/- 100
    • +/-200
    • +/-300
    • +/-500

What do you normally pay for short time in Pattaya ?     ie Your median tip.   Tip ONLY.

That's median, not average.

Select the nearest number.

The mind your own business option is selected by not participating.    The same goes for people who never off in Pattaya.    

Also, this is a private poll, so whilst I will participate, I'm not going to be the first to do so, as that would be too obvious.

I may run a long time poll shortly, but let's see how this one goes first.

What do you normally pay for short time in Pattaya ?     ie Your median tip.   Tip ONLY.

That's median, not average.

Can you please explain why you need the median and not the average?

What if there are insufficient experiences to build a probability distribution curve?

I think the median and the average both not accurate enough but the median is more reliable figure. I personally see the 1000 Baht as the base fee if a boy is so so this is what he gets(this happened most), if he is good not more than 1500 Baht and if he is a stunning star the max is 2K (it's very rare).

So in my case 1K is median and extra tip depends on the circumstances .if it was average I think it was around 1200-1300 .

I think the median and the average both not accurate enough but the median is more reliable figure. I personally see the 1000 Baht as the base fee if a boy is so so this is what he gets(this happened most), if he is good not more than 1500 Baht and if he is a stunning star the max is 2K (it's very rare).

So in my case 1K is median and extra tip depends on the circumstances .if it was average I think it was around 1200-1300 .

Sorry... but the median by definition is the midpoint of the frequency distribution, so it cannot be the lowest value unless they are all the same.  This one call it the "base value", as you did.

Pattaya is a lot cheaper than Bkk and most boys expect 1000bht in my experience. I would always pay that and I'm happy to.

If I take a beauty I tip 200bht so 1200bht total.

I would say be careful not to tip too much as it may come back to bite you in the future with the guys expecting that amount each time, we don't want it to become another Bangkok with the boys expecting 2000bht every time but obviously it's your choice.

I have had a couple of boys ask for 2000bht in Pattaya and I sent them back to dance

Pattaya is a lot cheaper than Bkk and most boys expect 1000bht in my experience. I would always pay that and I'm happy to.

If I take a beauty I tip 200bht so 1200bht total.

I would say be careful not to tip too much as it may come back to bite you in the future with the guys expecting that amount each time, we don't want it to become another Bangkok with the boys expecting 2000bht every time but obviously it's your choice.

I have had a couple of boys ask for 2000bht in Pattaya and I sent them back to dance

I have lost count of the number of times posters have been requested not to pay more than X or Y for short time or long time because doing so will only encourage the rate of tips to rise. Frankly I dont believe it ever works. There are far too many non readers of gaythailand who tip what they feel is right. Nothing other than an outright ban on offing boys will work. Market forces,

At the time of writing:

The median is clearly 1200.

67% pay 1300 or less in Pattaya

90% pay 1500 or less in Pattaya

Only 6.38% pay 2000.   

If they choose to pay 800 baht above the median, ultimately it's their money and not really enough to distort the market.

[No calculator used, so please ignore minor round off errors]

Should I run polls for Bangkok & are any alternative questions suggested ?     I'll rule out simplification.

These arguments have been going on for many years before Internet forums in fact. I remember during my first trip to Pattaya in 2002 being chastised when in a Sunee host bar when asked how much I was paying a boy for a long time off. When I replied 800 he said that it was far too much and that I was spoiling the boys. This was when I was getting about 70 baht for a £ !.

2002 was about my first vacation trip to Pattaya (and Bangkok) as a sex tourist (as they say).

Still could remember that I paid a tip of 1500 bht in a massage shop (Narcissus?). So not really different from today's rate.

800 bht was excessive for LT ? I am surprised.

These arguments have been going on for many years before Internet forums in fact. I remember during my first trip to Pattaya in 2002 being chastised when in a Sunee host bar when asked how much I was paying a boy for a long time off. When I replied 800 he said that it was far too much and that I was spoiling the boys. This was when I was getting about 70 baht for a £ !.