Jasper

<Arrested> Disgusting Farangs

Two US guys Joseph and Travis were arrested at

Don Mueang Airport 8pm today.

According to the article below, the mooning couple were picked up by

Immigration system.

They are 38 years old men and not a teenager.

They should know better.

Well done Thai police!!

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/crime/1368512/americans-arrested-for-bare-buttocks-at-temple?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

https://www.khaosod.co.th/breaking-news/news_650212

post-15769-0-87844400-1511891516_thumb.jpeg

while you are busy questioning , I'm busy applauding for reason of last sentence in the article above

"Tourists should have respect for places of cultural, historical and religious importance because it is simple good manners, Pol Col Choengron said "

Those guys being Americans have White House to  show their asses at , no need to inconvenience themselves to travel all the way to Wat Arun

I question the level of morality of a country where rampant corruption by police is tolerated yet two guys who for some stupidity lowered their pants exposing their bottoms in the proximity of a temple face "legal action".

You're quickly making yourself persona non grata in the very nation you hope to again visit.

You're obviously a graduate of the Trump School of International Relations.

You're quickly making yourself persona non grata in the very nation you hope to again visit.

You're obviously a graduate of the Trump School of International Relations.

I am a persona very grata in any nation I visit.  Considerate, respectful of the local customs and their people.

You are obviously trying to become persona non grata towards me with stupid comments.  But I don't care, these comments are your doing and I find them at most ridiculous.

Like in your comments, I don't think that the stupidity of those two idiotic tourists reach the level of crime, and they don't perturb me in the least.  My biggest complaint is that those two guys are about 20 years too old and are too plump and ugly to make their prank worthwhile watching.  Instead, it is pitiful... or outraging, depending on one's standards. 

Those guys being Americans have White House to  show their asses at , no need to inconvenience themselves to travel all the way to Wat Arun

You said it right.  And instead of getting upset at those guys, one should be upset at the people who inhabit the White House today. Their example of corruption, immorality, ugliness towards others is a sad blemish in the history of America. 

Like in your comments, I don't think that the stupidity of those two idiotic tourists reach the level of crime, and they don't perturb me in the least.  My biggest complaint is that those two guys are about 20 years too old and are too plump and ugly to make their prank worthwhile watching.  Instead, it is pitiful... or outraging, depending on one's standards.

You may not think their antics rise to the level of crime but that's for the Thais to decide, not an American.

So as I understand your criteria, if the two guys (aged 36 and 38) were 16-18 and slim and cute you'd find their "prank" worth watching.

It's all much clearer now, thanks.

Guest Hutchison

Bad form, but certainly not the Crime of the Century. If only they were as quick with other arrest warrants!

Agreed, it's hardly a hanging offence.  

A rap on the knuckles and send them on their way.

The 1956 penal code’s sections 206 to 208 (last amended in 1976) prohibit the insult or disturbance of religious places or services of all officially recognized religious groups. Penalties range from imprisonment of one to seven years or a fine of 2,000 to 14,000 baht ($67 to $467).

They want to hope they get a slap on the wrist rather than something more serious. As it is, however, it’s obvious they knew full well how disrespectful they were being with such a deliberate act.

As for whether it is a crime, that is for the Thai’s to decide. I get so fed up with westerners having the attitude that because they are free to do something in their own country that they can ignore laws when they travel. A little respect for other cultures and religions goes a long way.

I get so fed up with westerners having the attitude that because they are free to do something in their own country that they can ignore laws when they travel. A little respect for other cultures and religions goes a long way.

Afrol News, 8 July - "A Shari'a court in northern Nigeria has handed down a death by stoning sentence for a man admitting to have engaged in homosexual acts. The middle-aged man has been on death row for several months, awaiting his execution. A human rights spokesman of the UN today urged Nigerian courts to give the man a milder sentence."

One can imagine the good people of Nigeria getting so fed up with westerners having the attitude that because the laws in their countries are different they don't respect the right of Nigerians to have their own laws...

Way to twist an argument. If people in Nigeria or anywhere else want a law change they should get involved with their own countries policies. As a western tourist, if you go to Nigeria and fuck your boytoy in the middle of the market square at noon, you should expect to be treated as any other Nigerian. Laws being barbaric or plain wrong is not the issue being debated, it’s knowing something is illegal and being dumb enough to not only deliberately flout that law but to post the evidence on social media.

If you don’t like the laws of another country then doing go there. If you do go there, flout the laws and get arrested, it’s your own fault.

Laws being barbaric or plain wrong is not the issue being debated, it’s knowing something is illegal and being dumb enough to not only deliberately flout that law but to post the evidence on social media.

If you don’t like the laws of another country then doing go there. If you do go there, flout the laws and get arrested, it’s your own fault.

The topic here is <Arrested> Disgusting Farangs.  The "arrested" obviously brings into the conversation the laws that lead to the arrest.  Also, you must be a clairvoyant to know exactly what the two disgusting farangs knew about the laws in Thailand. You are just speculating here, like we all do, and your arguments are not less "twisted" than those of anyone else.

My point was that as much as we have the right, especially as gay men, to consider that a Nigerian law dictating a death penalty for homosexual acts is a barbaric abomination, we have the right to judge that to punish with draconian law a disrespect to a religion that may be nothing more than a fantasy is also an abomination.  In Thailand and in every other country in this world.

If i go to the states and start burning the us flag, and post it in my twitter, i wonder if ill get arrested for that and steve here will come to defend my act?

Burning the American flag, like kneeling down during the play of the national anthem, is not illegal in the US. So I don't need to defend you if you want to burn the flag.  Why would you waste your money burning flags instead of using it to off Thai boys?

The topic here is <Arrested> Disgusting Farangs.  The "arrested" obviously brings into the conversation the laws that lead to the arrest.  Also, you must be a clairvoyant to know exactly what the two disgusting farangs knew about the laws in Thailand. You are just speculating here, like we all do, and your arguments are not less "twisted" than those of anyone else.

The topic here is <Arrested> Disgusting Farangs. Your views on the laws of a country you don't have any stake on and don't live in won't save them from their fate. I do hope that when you visit Thailand, you make these views known to the police, since you are adamant in making it known here.

Back on topic, lest this thread gets locked because of SteveBoy's trolling (again, for the nth time), if these boys really wanted to post their cheeky photos to get their Insta hits, all they had to do was post them after leaving Thailand. It's still in bad taste, but at least they won't be in the mess they're in now.

Burning the American flag, like kneeling down during the play of the national anthem, is not illegal in the US. So I don't need to defend you if you want to burn the flag. Why would you waste your money burning flags instead of using it to off Thai boys?

I beg to differ though. Sorry but it is illegal in the us.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/700

The topic here is <Arrested> Disgusting Farangs. The "arrested" obviously brings into the conversation the laws that lead to the arrest. Also, you must be a clairvoyant to know exactly what the two disgusting farangs knew about the laws in Thailand. You are just speculating here, like we all do, and your arguments are not less "twisted" than those of anyone else.

My point was that as much as we have the right, especially as gay men, to consider that a Nigerian law dictating a death penalty for homosexual acts is a barbaric abomination, we have the right to judge that to punish with draconian law a disrespect to a religion that may be nothing more than a fantasy is also an abomination. In Thailand and in every other country in this world.

My thoughts are from a reasonable interpretation of their actions rather than the twisted comparison of the penalties of a fine or prison and being stoned to death. Either way, if a foreign tourist is stupid enough to not look up the penalties before they engage in either of those actions, it is their own fault.

I do find it amusing how people from certain western countries like to moan about laws in the rest of the world while having barbaric and ridiculous laws in their own countries that they conveniently ignore.

I do find it amusing how people from certain western countries like to moan about laws in the rest of the world while having barbaric and ridiculous laws in their own countries that they conveniently ignore.

Yup, exactly my thoughts. They dont even know their own country also have that kind of law. In fact public nudity or public indecency is a crime/misdemeanor in many states/country in the world albiet they have varying degrees of what is considered crime or not. Surely asian gay couple posing butt naked in a church qualify for one misdemeanor/crime or at least public outcry by the righteous church-goer?

Back on topic, lest this thread gets locked because of SteveBoy's trolling (again, for the nth time), if these boys really wanted to post their cheeky photos to get their Insta hits, all they had to do was post them after leaving Thailand. It's still in bad taste, but at least they won't be in the mess they're in now.

You are far off topic. The one trolling here is YOU.  Once again you unprovoked write a stupid post to seed discord over legitimate comments I write. I don't know why you troll me, but  Credit-is-due to ban or suspend you to stop your attacks, and I might report your post to the moderator.  Of the meager 40 posts you have made here, probably half of them were to troll me.

Back on topic, the fact that the Disgusting Farangs didn't wait to leave Thailand before posting their disgusting photos may indicate that they were not aware of the consequences of their actions.  That, or they are really morons.

My thoughts are from a reasonable interpretation of their actions rather than the twisted comparison of the penalties of a fine or prison and being stoned to death. Either way, if a foreign tourist is stupid enough to not look up the penalties before they engage in either of those actions, it is their own fault.

Of course you will find your interpretations "reasonable" while others are not.  Tourists can be stupid without this making them criminals.  Nobody questions that their stupidity if true and caught should have consequences. But these should be reasonable. Would you like while visiting some country with sharia law to be accused of stealing and have your hand/s cut off?

I beg to differ though. Sorry but it is illegal in the us.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/700

I would not trust the article you mention because it does not seem to be up-to-date.  Read instead:

https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/inside-the-supreme-courts-flag-burning-decision

The US Supreme Court overruled in 1989 the penalties for flag burning in the  US code, on the basis of freedom of speech.

Back to topic, the penalties the laws of Thailand could hand down to the Disgusting Farangs seem typical of a military regime, and this is what Thailand has now.  We should feel proud that in our country the coldness of draconian laws is moderated by the principles of the Constitution, like this "freedom of speech".