Guest AnteaterLj

Bangkok boys vs saigon boys

Guest AnteaterLj

I know it's a lil off topic but i just need to ask it here. I know a lot of guys here can give good stuff

Is saigon guys good enough like those in bkk? That's in the context of offing and massage

Thanks

Well, in Bangkok you can walk into a gogo bar, off someone very sweet & go back to your hotel for a good time.
Or with slightly more effort, find one on a phone app. 

There are numerous massage places, with extra services lovingly delivered.  

All 3 options are pretty much guaranteed to work on any given day.

In Saigon, there are, as far as I know, no gogo bars.

Then during about 4 nights in the city, I didn't manage to find anyone interested in meeting in my hotel from phone apps or cruising.

I had one massage with no extras & after trekking out to one of the suburbs, had another massage with a happy ending that was delivered so quickly & nervously, it was not pleasant.

This is not comparable with Bangkok.

If your into using the apps you will be ok. Many MB starting to show up. If you meet up with a local in Ho Chi Minh City, you will be able to find some of the gay or gay friendly bars. No gogo’ s but new bars showing up. Bars are very discrete. Quiet off Main Street locations.

Not so much in Hanoi. Lots of action on the apps. Several boys that work in the massage shops also work the apps. But the bar and club scene hasn’t made its way there yet.

Vietnam is definitely not Thailand, but it’s a lot better than it was a few years ago.

You can’t compare the Vietnamese boys you see in Twilight with what you will find in the big cities in Vietnam.

Don’t forget most Twilight boys are straight and all friends from small towns in Central Vietnam.

In the big cites of Vietnam there are many gay boys. A little patience and you can have a good time.

I'm in HCMC now. The apps (Grindr, Blued, Jack'd - I dont use Hornet) are very busy. Several guys will solicit massage + fun to you; come to your room for 500k VND and up. But if a guy is prepared to lower the rate to 500k VND you have to be a bit careful - or dont mind if he is short, a bit chubby, small cock or with a face that certainly not look like the (blured) pic he sent to you earlier! Premium guys (stunning/lean gym guys, tall and with big cock) charge 1,000k-1,500k VND/hour - asking price is higher but rates are certainly negotiable. Don't expect much for the massage part - that is not why they come to your room. It you msg a profile in Grindr with stunning lean or muscle body/torso and no face, and if you get a reply, it will most likely be a MB and soon the issue of money will turn up when you chat with him. Some will even clearly state in the profile that they offer massage; then you just ask for some pics and negotiate the price - works very easy. Craigslist is also easy way to find MB here.

Finding non-commercial gay lads for (free) sex is not that difficult when using the apps (I'm tall <45y with a decent body (but by no means slim anymore) and I get a lot of messages in the apps which lead to/could have lead to encounters if I had the time/interest, but again the guys can be short, <30y or on the chubby side or with a less attractive face; so you need to be selective. Most speaks limited English. I find it easier to hook up with guys here than in BKK.

1 USD= 22,700 VND as I write this.

I have been to Vietnam five times in the past two years. I met many willing and nice guys from the apps, mostly bottom twinks in Hanoi, Da Nang, Nha Trang, Dalat and Ho Chi Minh cities. Most were not money boys although there are plenty of mboys available on the apps. Sex was as good or better than the paid variety in Thailand. In my opinion there are generally more good looking guys in Vietnam that you see when you are out in the streets, shopping malls, bars, beaches etc than any other part of Asia that i have visited.

I was in Saigon for 3 nights about 18 months ago. I used Romeo and Hornet and met 3 men. One looked nothing like his photo so I gave him a bit of money and he went away after a brief argument. One was fine. I forget what I paid him. One was memorable forever and we did everything. I had offered him 500,00 dong online and gave him 800,000. I should have given him more but he seemed to enjoy the session. 

Then during about 4 nights in the city, I didn't manage to find anyone interested in meeting in my hotel from phone apps or cruising.

Disappointing. I wonder why the boys there don't need some extra money. Vietnam's economy is worse than Thailands. 

I know some very cute Vietnamese guys who are willing in Bangkok, but apparently when in their own country they not reply on the apps? Can it be that gay prostitution is actively prosecuted in Vietnam? As always, there must be an explanation.

I was in Hanoi a few weeks ago. The apps were alive with willing and able boys. I wasn’t looking to hire, but got many hits from boys that wanted to meet up. I prefer Hanoi to Saigon just for the big city difference. Saigon is like most other big cities and Hanoi is still old world. Sightseeing is very good. If your going for gay fun it’s mostly limited to what you can find on the apps. Both big cities do have a few Massage places though.

Hardly.

Rhodesia was the name dreamt up by the colonizing power.

Ho Chi Minh City is the name dreamt up by the faction which happened to win the war between the communist & capitalist factions. Saigon is still a term in frequent use by the locals. A new name imposed after North Vietnam invaded this south.

Although, in the end, whilst the communists won the war, communism eventually failed, as it does everywhere. Then they had to introduce capitalist reforms, whilst flying a few token red flags. They now have privatization a stock exchange and all the rest of it.

People who vote for Jeremy Corbyn should study the history of the communist block, in eastern Europe, Asia, Venezueala & Cuba.

No doubt, in a few years time a more moderate regime will restore the name of Saigon. Just as Leningrad changed back to St Petersburg. Hopefully never to be Putinville.