Bravo

Thinking of going Rio

Hey guys, i've been to bangkok many times, and it's really convenient ( its a 2 hour plane ride hehe). But lately i've seen lots of trip reports from rio/brazil and it got me really interested, like something I should try at least once heh. Problem is its a 24 h plane ride total OMG... sounds really really painful.. whenever I feel like planning a trip there, I say hey why not just go bangkok which is 2 hours away..  but then I realised that most of you guys are from USA and takes about as long to come to bangkok.. 

I guess what I'm trying to ask if anyone's from asia and have visited rio/brazil for touring and if it's worth the long long ride hah.. and for you guys where Rio is just a few hours away, what makes you guys still take a long journey to bangkok heh

Even from Miami, Rio is 8.5 hours on a non-stop flight.  Coming from elsewhere in the US, with a connection, often at least twice that long

The differences between Brazil and Thailand are obvious and well documented but if you're curious about the gorgeous beaches or more fittingly the easy availability of gorgeous men, you shouldn't hesitate over the travel itself.  Yes it's a long way from Asia, and you're not dropping by for the weekend, but If you desire, break up the trip and overnight somewhere exciting in the US or going the other way, in Africa!. 

There's been a surge in interest lately about varying sexcation destinations (the latest hotspot IMO being Medellin), and unless you venture from your normal pattern, you'll never discover what you've been missing.  

Some years ago I did Brazil flying from Asia. Then it meant two 12 hour overnight flights with a long14 hour stopover in Europe. Thank goodness I had enough miles saved up to upgrade to biz class. With many more daytime flights to Europe now, the total trip time can be a lot shorter via cities like Dubai. Depending on where you live in Asia you can also consider flying via the Pacific. But total journey time will still be a bit more than 24 hours. Good luck! The trip is worth it.