TotallyOz

Staycations in Gay Thailand

There are many great hotels now offering staycations for cheap rates. I just booked the Marriott for a weekend for 999 a night and it includes breakfast buffet. Yummy!

With status match that Marriott is now offering, staying just 15 days in 90 day period upgrades your account. Totally worth it for 35 USD a night. IMHO

3 minutes ago, PeterRS said:

Can I ask how you booked this rate? I cannot see it on the Marriott's own site.

https://www.timeout.com/bangkok/news/marriott-marquis-999-staycation-083120

Once you click on this link, you can see the cheap rates for the JW Marriott as well. But, you have to go to their main page (not rates for all hotels in BKK) to see those special rates.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

https://www.timeout.com/bangkok/news/marriott-marquis-999-staycation-083120

Once you click on this link, you can see the cheap rates for the JW Marriott as well. But, you have to go to their main page (not rates for all hotels in BKK) to see those special rates.

I must be going blind! Really sorry but I cannot find any way of accessing special Msrriott Hua Hin 999 baht rates on that page. Only the Marriott Marquis in Bangkok. There are lots of other links to other offers but I must be missing something. On other sites there are staycation rates at 50% off but that is still well over 2000 baht.

21 minutes ago, PeterRS said:

I must be going blind! Really sorry but I cannot find any way of accessing special Msrriott Hua Hin 999 baht rates on that page. Only the Marriott Marquis in Bangkok. There are lots of other links to other offers but I must be missing something. On other sites there are staycation rates at 50% off but that is still well over 2000 baht.

Ah, yes, you are correct. The 999 was for Marriott Queens Park. The JW is 1999. Those rates are not applicable for Hua Hin. For Hua Hin, I paid 3500 for the Marriott which is much lower than I have paid in the past.The Intercontinental was 5900 for the same time. M-Th seems to be cheapest right now as weekends, more are taking advantage of these better rates. The Hua Hin Post was not mean as a 999 a night post. Just a query on where I can find gay boys. This thread was about the 999 which I got at the Queens Park and 1999 for another 3 day weekend for the JW. Both were paid for in advance. Those with the Hua Hin time, gets my 15 days.

dirt cheap hotel offers are everywhere. Even the Mandarin Oriental, normally not engaging in heavy discounting is offering a staycation package for 9,999 Baht for one night. Early check in at 8 or 9 am, late check out at 8 or 9 pm, so you get 36 hours in the hotel. Package includes some cash credit to be used in the hotel and other goodies.

Many many hotels in BKK are offering such packages, some even with TWO breakfasts included given the early check-in.

In Chiang Mai, 5 star rooms can be had at 20% of their usual pre-covid rates, sometimes less. Combine that with the tiaowduaygan government subsidy of another 40% and it feels like almost free. Done that in Samui recently, and will do it again in Chiang Mai next week. (Have to travel with a Thai and do the bookings in his name, of course)

18 hours ago, Michael said:

There are many great hotels now offering staycations for cheap rates. I just booked the Marriott for a weekend for 999 a night and it includes breakfast buffet. Yummy!

With status match that Marriott is now offering, staying just 15 days in 90 day period upgrades your account. Totally worth it for 35 USD a night. IMHO

You have a mistake breakfast is not included ...

"Breakfast is however not included, but it's friendly priced at B300++ per person."

There's probably a complicated algorithm that calculates where a Hotel breaks even on heavily discounted rooms including PR, image, loyalty, customer base, etc. but an empty room generates zero revenue and more Hotels should get on this bandwagon.  

But then again, Marriott owns most of the world's hotels, so that prior comment is likely moot !  :)

1 hour ago, Boy69 said:

You have a mistake breakfast is not included ...

"Breakfast is however not included, but it's friendly priced at B300++ per person."

Yes, the Queens Marriott doesn't include it.The JW does but that is 1999. For the Queens, my status gets me breakfast for free so I didn't look closely at it.