GoldMember

I miss BKK

No.

Is there any reason why you would expect a statement  ?

If there was evidence that vaccines prevent 100% of onward transmission, it might be expected.  Since there's  no such evidence, I'm not expecting an announcement. 

I'd like to be more optimistic, but It's the data that matters, not what I would like to happen.

There is no timeline set for any return to mass tourism (without hotel quarantine) yet, it is unlikely that individual traveler vaccination status will change that in the short term.

The vaccine effectiveness against transmission is still unknown, these vaccines have been developed to prevent severe disease. Until we get health data analysis back from the next few months of vaccine rollout, we will not know the true real world effect on infection and mortality rates for vaccinated populations.

When we start to see the results coming back in to public health surveillance networks and risk models have been applied by governments, then it is likely we will start to hear information about timelines for return to tourism.

Maybe the vaccines will be extremely effective with plummeting infection and mortality rates. Maybe vaccine effectiveness is moderate and we are stuck with some retention of COVID controls.  Maybe we have mutations that lead to vaccine escape variants and we get hit with a whole new world of pain.

The good news is we are potentially much closer than we could have ever expected to be at this point in time, i hope we are on the home stretch to getting this under control.

Vaccinated persons could still breath in a virus and exhale/sneeze it out later.

But I can see what you are hoping for.

14 days isolation is expensive waste of precious vacation.

Not even mentioning the psychological effects of solitary confinement that we all have  been introduced to lately.

As a smoker I would need a balcony at the least.